The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Dec 13, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #331 of 4,701
Quote:
Any velour pads that can fit the Gemini or Pro 80?

Lots of pads fits them..
the brainwawz fits and are very nice, Beyerpads is a bit on the big side, but will work, AKG 240 Pads is to big..
My personal favorite among pads are the ones from Phillips HP1000, velour and very very comfortable, but they are not easy to find..

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #333 of 4,701
All Panasonic headphones I had the chance to try were total crap. Takstar HI 2050 feel like a high-end headphones in comparison.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #334 of 4,701
Quote:
All Panasonic headphones I had the chance to try were total crap. Takstar HI 2050 feel like a high-end headphones in comparison.

I can't speak about all of them, but I bought the Panasonic HTF600 after reading that "infamous" thread. Returned that thing 3 days later. 
eek.gif

Should have bought the Koss Porta Pro instead...good bass, better sound and way less bulk.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #335 of 4,701
Quote:
After reading threats about headphones under 100$, I decide to dive in with the hi2050 and get a Xonar DG. I play games, music , watch tv /movies on my desktop. I used to have a usb headset with mediocre sound. I will give my own little review once i receive them this week :)

Please do. I often enjoy reading the few reviews on the HI2050. :)

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #336 of 4,701
Today, I received my pair of Takstar Hi2050 headphones in the mail. Purchased on eBay for around $70. I've been VERY eager to get my hands on these, since I've read so many great things about them. They are semi-open headphones that look quite similar to the DT880.

The box - Unfortunately, I can't read most of this, since it is all Chinese, and I cannot speak/read/whatever the Chinese language. However, I can comment on the packaging. It feels very nicely made as a box. Inside there is a black box containing the headphones themselves resting on a nylon fabric, a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter, a few manuals and other Takstar ads, some foam slips to hold the manuals, and another small black box that has an extension cable. A very nice package altogether.

The headphones - When I first picked these up, I was immediately surprised by the build quality. The outside of the cups have a mixture of plastic and metal; the plastic being on the outer edges of the cups, metal more near the middle. Pads are made of a fabric, which I believe is nylon, like the fabric in the box. Feels similar to standard velour pads. The inside of the cups have a generous amount of padding. These also have a nice aluminum part that connects the cups to the headband. Speaking of the headband, it is pretty flexible. More flexible than the DT770, but less flexible than something like the Sony MDR V6. There isn't really too much clamping force, but they won't fall off of one's head easily, that being said, these are very comfortable to wear.

Sound - Much better sounding than I could have imagined. These cans completely blew me away. 

Bass - The bass on these is very nice sounding. It is decently controlled, not overpowering, but not bass-light. It compliments music exceptionally well. No bleed either. Could be a bit tighter, though.

Mids - The mids on these sound absolutely fantastic! Both male and female voices sound sensational out of these headphones. Refined and detailed as well. I am just astounded by the mids that these headphones have. I am eager to see what happens later on after some break-in time.

Highs - Crisp, clear, and definitely not sibilant. They give a certain 'sparkle' that I haven't heard in headphones near this price range before. 

Soundstage - With semi-open cans, soundstage is a major factor to sound. These cans have a good surround-sound-like presentation to them. Width on these is average, I suppose. Depth is quite good, to my ears. There is a definite forward projection that I've not heard from cans with similar pricing. 

Used with 

iPhone 4S
iPod Touch 3G
cMoy BB V2.03 amp

Both were used with and without the amp for comparison.

Music used

Hudson - Crimson (Album) (Used multiple songs from this album. Most lossless ALAC, some AAC 255)
The Beatles - Nowhere Man (AAC 255)
Namco Sounds - Invasion of Gracemeria (AAC 255)
Namco Sounds - Ace Combat 6 theme (AAC 255)
Namco Sounds - Liberation of Gracemeria (AAC 255)
Dexcell - Starry Eyed ViP (MP3 320)
Skullee - Stand Up (MP3 320)

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #338 of 4,701
I ordered a pair of HI2050 a couple days ago. Can anyone tell me how they compare sound and comfort wise to Digitech / Brainwavz HM5 etc. If they sound as good or better with more comfort I'll be in heaven.

cubdog

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #339 of 4,701
Hi, me also interested comparison of sound quality between HM5 and Hi2050/Pro 80.
I want to buy headphones in this price level, I listen mostly fusion - jazz guitarist and bassist (Metheny, Gambale, DiMeola, Marcus Miller, Wooten...) and rock (Dire Straits, Pink Floyd)
Which headphones would you recommend for this type of music?

Quote:
The Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) come with leather ear pads (as far as i can tell) and I think the Pro 80/HSR-1000 sounds better then the Hi2050.

What are the main differences in sound between Hi2050 and Pro80 (Pros and Cons)?

Thanks

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #340 of 4,701
Quote:
Hi, me also interested comparison of sound quality between HM5 and Hi2050/Pro 80.
I want to buy headphones in this price level, I listen mostly fusion - jazz guitarist and bassist (Metheny, Gambale, DiMeola, Marcus Miller, Wooten...) and rock (Dire Straits, Pink Floyd)

What are the main differences in sound between Hi2050 and Pro80 (Pros and Cons)?

Thanks

I have the Pro80 and  the HM5 and I'd have to say that I enjoy the Pro80 more. With the HM5 pads the Pro 80's are very very comfortable and they give a much fuller sound then the HM5,

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #341 of 4,701
Quote:

Thanks

To me the Pro 80 (HSR-1000) has a slightly better over all sound quality compared to the Hi2050s
But I have not gamed with them...yet.

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #344 of 4,701
Quote:
And the HI2050 compared to the HM5 variants?

cubdog

I never use the HM5 anymore, usually use open headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back