The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jul 16, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #2,087 of 4,701
  I just might.  The pro-style case it came with is the best container ever I've gotten for a set of headphones.  Not very portable but really cool.  

I know right! 
biggrin.gif

I carry mine to work everyday!

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #2,088 of 4,701
  So I couldn't pass up a deal on a pair of the "real thing"  32ohm DT880s after owning the Technical Pro DT990s aka Takstar DT2050.   I have to say the Takstar/Technicals hold their own in terms of sound quality and build quality.  This is after using the dual outputs of a Fiio E7.  Still so impressed by these.  Not sure what I should do now... sell one of em?  Keep both?  I dunno.  I only paid $40 for the 990s but I do have waaay too many cans.

No such thing as to many cans, it is just what they want you to think, it is rubbish, you can never have to many cans only to few..

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #2,090 of 4,701
  No such thing as to many cans, it is just what they want you to think, it is rubbish, you can never have to many cans only to few..

I've only got 2 pairs and I'm happy with that! 
biggrin.gif

PS. Do you know that your DP is the logo for NovaFM an Australian radio station?

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #2,091 of 4,701
Hey all,

I've been looking into these headphones for a while now and I think I'm gonna go with the HI2050. I will be mainly using these for gaming/csgo (90%) and a little bit of electronic music (10%). However, with looking into these budget but high quality headphones I have of course bumped in the Samson SR850 and Superlux 668B, which have made me doubt the HI2050. Searching through this thread there have only been a few comparisons and I was hoping to get some more clarity.

I will be using these with my laptop through a Xonar U3, which model would be best for fps gaming, in terms of positional accuracy/clarity and cues?

I think I can already cross the 668B off the list because I'm not sure the Xonar U3 be able to properly drive the 668B?

Any help is hugely appreciated!

Jul 17, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #2,092 of 4,701
  Hey all,

I've been looking into these headphones for a while now and I think I'm gonna go with the HI2050. I will be mainly using these for gaming/csgo (90%) and a little bit of electronic music (10%). However, with looking into these budget but high quality headphones I have of course bumped in the Samson SR850 and Superlux 668B, which have made me doubt the HI2050. Searching through this thread there have only been a few comparisons and I was hoping to get some more clarity.

I will be using these with my laptop through a Xonar U3, which model would be best for fps gaming, in terms of positional accuracy/clarity and cues?

I think I can already cross the 668B off the list because I'm not sure the Xonar U3 be able to properly drive the 668B?

I suppose you've already taken a look at Mad Lust's gaming guide? http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-7-9-2014-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added it is a must see for your kind of headphone usage

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #2,094 of 4,701
  Hey all,

668B is a great headphone for gaming while the HI2050s are too. The 668B doesn't need too much amping.

I'd say you go for the 2050s if you prefer velour pads and 688Bs if you can live with pleather pads.

Also the shape of the headphones are a factor. Which do you think is better for your headshape?

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #2,097 of 4,701
  Ahhh my avatar, I had the little red guy in 7 or 8 years, did not know it was a radiostation, nice logo I have to say...
Thanks for the informaton

HAHA! No biggie. Have a look: http://www.novafm.com.au/

The logo has changed over the years but it still has stayed as the "Nova kid" (i think that's what they call him)

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #2,098 of 4,701
  Hey all,

The Xonar U3 is rated for headphones up to 150-Ohms. so the 60-Ohm Hi2050 & 56-Ohm Superlux 668B should not be a problem.
Which is better for FPS gaming? have no idea.

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #2,099 of 4,701
To rebelinho: Yea, def read that whole guide (so helpful!) plus heaps of the comments especially regarding these headphones. Thanks heaps for the response.

To TheEndGame: I don't think I have a large head so I'm hoping I should be able to wear the hi2050 without getting a headache and you can get velour replacement ear pads for the 668B on ebay so that's not an issue. I'm not really sure whish headband style I'll like better but I guess the 668B is the safer option in case I really do have a big head haha. But from what I can understand from your post though, is that you prefer the sound of the 668B for fps gaming?

To PurpleAngel: Thanks for that insight, I didn't realize it had that much driving power. Awesome!

But yep that is the next question, which is better for fps gaming? I am assuming the SR850 isn't it cos it's been mostly ignored and so if I replace the ear pads with veluer and remove the sticker on the grill of the 668B, will the positional accuracy be better than that of the hi2050?

Cheers for the help!

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #2,100 of 4,701
To rebelinho: Yea, def read that whole guide (so helpful!) plus heaps of the comments especially regarding these headphones. Thanks heaps for the response.

To TheEndGame: I don't think I have a large head so I'm hoping I should be able to wear the hi2050 without getting a headache and you can get velour replacement ear pads for the 668B on ebay so that's not an issue. I'm not really sure whish headband style I'll like better but I guess the 668B is the safer option in case I really do have a big head haha. But from what I can understand from your post though, is that you prefer the sound of the 668B for fps gaming?

To PurpleAngel: Thanks for that insight, I didn't realize it had that much driving power. Awesome!

But yep that is the next question, which is better for fps gaming? I am assuming the SR850 isn't it cos it's been mostly ignored and so if I replace the ear pads with veluer and remove the sticker on the grill of the 668B, will the positional accuracy be better than that of the hi2050?

Cheers for the help!

The 668B has great soundstage after the foam mod although it isn't very comfortable without the foam. I love them for gaming with just the velour pads though because the bass is reduced.

They'd probably perform similarly. I don't think you can go wrong with either so I asked you comfort questions. Go with what you feel is more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back