The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jul 8, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #2,056 of 4,701
I've taken these headphones out to the park, excersized (not recommended) and out in public downtown. They have held up just fine. They are very sturdy. The cables look a little flimsy, but in all reality are 100% durable. I definitely recommend getting the HM5 pads. Takes the comfort from a 7 to an almost 10.

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #2,057 of 4,701
It's been over a year since I've visited this thread. Still have the Pro80's. Still love them AND their unique sound signature. I still have the Brainwavz pads on them and I've never been more comfortable in a closed back headphone still to this day. I love them for movies, especially late at night when all of the family is asleep. They seal like no other headphone in my current arsenal. I've recently modded mine with carbon fiber and thought I'd dump a few pics. Lemme know what you think/ feel free to ask an owner of over a year anything about the Pro80.
smily_headphones1.gif

Is that vinyl?

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #2,058 of 4,701
I've taken these headphones out to the park, excersized (not recommended) and out in public downtown. They have held up just fine. They are very sturdy. The cables look a little flimsy, but in all reality are 100% durable. I definitely recommend getting the HM5 pads. Takes the comfort from a 7 to an almost 10.

What eq settings do you use?

Jul 9, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #2,062 of 4,701
EQ is not so case specific, if you find headphone to bass heavy or a little bit bright you can easily fix it with EQ. sadly finding the perfect headphone for you is not an easy task and if you can get closer with modest EQ you should do it.
with the HI2050 i had to boost the 4K range and take some power away from the sub 1K range (probably the only one who did that).

Jul 9, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #2,064 of 4,701

Mine are alomost three years now and they have taken a beating and still works flawless, so I second the sturdy thing

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #2,066 of 4,701
Hey guys! Lachlan aka @a_recording has got his hands on the Takstar Pro 80 and has done he's first impressions on it! Review to come after a few week I suppose. Go give him your support!

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #2,068 of 4,701
  I just removed the foam pads on my pro 80s. The sound stage improved a lot and treble was increased. This might go well with the HM5 pad mod.

Are you talking about these pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back