The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jul 4, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #2,042 of 4,700
  How is the Pro 80 for gaming?

takstar hi 2050 as well is great for gaming can say positions only people can think you are deaf because sound bleeds but with hm5 pads you hardly can hear anything around :D if put a bit sound up and how said about pads sound difference is same like pro 80 and that feeling when you think some one called you or something happened in room is weird when you realise that was just in game:D

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #2,044 of 4,700
i wonder how the new cloth pads for the HM5 will pair with the pro 80 (sound signature and isolation), the price is higher (3$ more per ear) but they look nice. can someone point to a comparison of pro 80 stock VS pro 80 with HI2050 pads, i know a read one in the past but  i can't find it.
also MP4NATION offer a 10% discount (4THJULY2014) on most products (all but fiio) for the next 2 days or so if someone want to buy pads.

Jul 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #2,045 of 4,700
I've got a pair of the HM5 velours yesterday and they're very comfortable. The memory foam seem to keep that bass much better than other velur pads. Unfortunately I've not tried them on my Pro80 yet but I've mounted them on my Grado 325is :wink:

Jul 4, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #2,046 of 4,700
I've got a pair of the HM5 velours yesterday and they're very comfortable. The memory foam seem to keep that bass much better than other velur pads. Unfortunately I've not tried them on my Pro80 yet but I've mounted them on my Grado 325is :wink:

Nice. I'm considering using the $5 off voucher you get for feedback to get the velours as well.

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #2,047 of 4,700
I've got a pair of the HM5 velours yesterday and they're very comfortable. The memory foam seem to keep that bass much better than other velur pads. Unfortunately I've not tried them on my Pro80 yet but I've mounted them on my Grado 325is
wink.gif

how about isolation? does it remains similar?

Jul 5, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #2,049 of 4,700
Isolation with open back headphones? :blink:

Lol,you're right the Grados doesn't isolate much :wink:

how about isolation? does it remains similar?

I tried them briefly with my hm5 as well and although I didn't ab isolation was better than I'd expect from velour pads. Also the great bass response with them implies good isolation.

Jul 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #2,050 of 4,700

Isolation with open back headphones? 
blink.gif

lol, completely forgot he tried them with Grado's. I saw Pro80 in there and my mind took care of the rest 
biggrin.gif

Lol,you're right the Grados doesn't isolate much
wink.gif

I tried them briefly with my hm5 as well and although I didn't ab isolation was better than I'd expect from velour pads. Also the great bass response with them implies good isolation.

excellent, I might go with those. Thanks for the info

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #2,051 of 4,700
Got the 5500, after a little listening I agree with some people that the earbuds could have been a little bigger. Not as comfortable as the xb500 I have, but those are held together by superglue and tape. In the same price range 50$ I tried akg 518, they felt small but are probably has the same size earbuds as the 5500 when I think about it. 
The bass seems good so will try them for a while, if not get the Technica ATH-M50.

Jul 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #2,052 of 4,700
Got the Pro 80s. I love them! But is there any way to make the headband fit better? It's kinda tight compared to my Superlux HD 330s.
edit: added a pic

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #2,053 of 4,700
  Got the Pro 80s. I love them! But is there any way to make the headband fit better? It's kinda tight compared to my Superlux HD 330s.
edit: added a pic

The Pro 80 has the exact same steel headband as the Beyer DTxxx so VERY sturdy. You can stretch it out of shape, and I mean you can stretch the Schiit out of it without breaking it. When I got mine, I used to stretch the headband out a few times just before I'd put the cans on my head. I did this for about a month. Now the clamping force is perfect for my head.

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #2,054 of 4,700
It's been over a year since I've visited this thread. Still have the Pro80's. Still love them AND their unique sound signature. I still have the Brainwavz pads on them and I've never been more comfortable in a closed back headphone still to this day. I love them for movies, especially late at night when all of the family is asleep. They seal like no other headphone in my current arsenal. I've recently modded mine with carbon fiber and thought I'd dump a few pics. Lemme know what you think/ feel free to ask an owner of over a year anything about the Pro80. :)

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #2,055 of 4,700
It's been over a year since I've visited this thread. Still have the Pro80's. Still love them AND their unique sound signature. I still have the Brainwavz pads on them and I've never been more comfortable in a closed back headphone still to this day. I love them for movies, especially late at night when all of the family is asleep. They seal like no other headphone in my current arsenal. I've recently modded mine with carbon fiber and thought I'd dump a few pics. Lemme know what you think/ feel free to ask an owner of over a year anything about the Pro80.
smily_headphones1.gif

those look great!! the carbon fiber is amazing in there.

I do have a question: durability wise, they remain okay? no cracks, broken wires, etc? The Pro80 plastic thing remains sturdy? It is my main fear about those headphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back