The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Apr 10, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #1,891 of 4,701
Minicoop - I would not consider the Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) to be neutral at all. It is a slightly warm phone with excellent bass and mids and somewhat harsh highs. I love it for all electronic music and also hip hop and pop. I use a FiiO EO7K and set the bass to 0 and trble to -2 and this makes my music perfect to my ears. If you want big bass you can make it happen with these phones. It also helps to use the HM5 pads on them. They increase bass response, isolation and comfort.

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #1,892 of 4,701
I think the Takstars from what ive read are quite a neutral non-bassy sound.

I think they have the correct amount of bass. But they are pretty neutral. I ramp up the bass 2db on the EQ when watching movies, this makes the bass much more pronounced and gets you immersed into the action scenes.

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #1,893 of 4,701
They're definitely not bass head cans

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #1,894 of 4,701
Minicoop - I would not consider the Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) to be neutral at all. It is a slightly warm phone with excellent bass and mids and somewhat harsh highs. I love it for all electronic music and also hip hop and pop. I use a FiiO EO7K and set the bass to 0 and trble to -2 and this makes my music perfect to my ears. If you want big bass you can make it happen with these phones. It also helps to use the HM5 pads on them. They increase bass response, isolation and comfort.

Wouldn't warm mean an absence of highs?

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #1,895 of 4,701
  Wouldn't warm mean an absence of highs?

Since I'm not an audiophile, I don't know. I always thought it meant a phone that had more of a bass emphasis. I am a basshead - I have a pair of XB500s and recently sold Skullcandy Crushers and Sony Pulse Wireless phones. While those 3 pairs have plenty of bass and are considered basshead cans, I find the Gemini HSR-1000 to have much more satisfying bass in every way. It is definitely more balanced than the those cans which is probably due to the better highs.

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #1,896 of 4,701

Since I'm not an audiophile, I don't know. I always thought it meant a phone that had more of a bass emphasis. I am a basshead - I have a pair of XB500s and recently sold Skullcandy Crushers and Sony Pulse Wireless phones. While those 3 pairs have plenty of bass and are considered basshead cans, I find the Gemini HSR-1000 to have much more satisfying bass in every way. It is definitely more balanced than the those cans which is probably due to the better highs.

I am no expert either, I thought warm meant sth like a downward sloping frequency response, so emphasis on bass and slightly on mids and less highs

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #1,897 of 4,701
Pro 80 are not basshead cans, but they have more bass than neutral, which makes them more fun sounding and balanced across the spectrum.

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #1,898 of 4,701
I have been listening to takstars for a while. These ´have a pleasenat sound....  NIce in general.  Something I consider to be the be the best in oll of them.   I can't let these bother that much though...I gotta lean over listening to DX1000. Thing is that i even got distracted by takstars, man...  I have a 1000usd dac, 2000 dac amp and 1400 headphones...and I still give a **** about takstars. nice...Those are nice indeed :)

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1,899 of 4,701
I have been listening to takstars for a while. These ´have a pleasenat sound....  NIce in general.  Something I consider to be the be the best in oll of them.   I can't let these bother that much though...I gotta lean over listening to DX1000. Thing is that i even got distracted by takstars, man...  I have a 1000usd dac, 2000 dac amp and 1400 headphones...and I still give a **** about takstars. nice...Those are nice indeed :)

Whatever they're doing at the labs those drivers are coming from, they're definitely doing it right.

Sent from Moto G XT1033 w/ Faux kernel.

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #1,900 of 4,701
Indeed... I just switched on listening to sony mdr-sa5000... It is quite humiliating in comparioson to 2050. But seriously... I even have to take out 800usd headphones to get a comparison.. Takstars are not something just to get by. These are good headphones regardless  of what you compare these to...

Takstars are the only cheap headphones that have atleast some sort of a try to be transparent all in headphones. I have tried most of the hyped headphones...Most sound aqvard at the best. So do takstars, but these are the only ones that can atleast sound decent.

The soundstage, imaging...it is on par with headphone 10x the price. 2050 and pro80 are something truly remarkable.

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #1,902 of 4,701
I discovered that my takstar pro 80 has a serious channel imbalance at around 4khz when i listen to a sine wave sweep.

I actually use SineGen but this link will do. you'll notice it at around 10 to 12 sec of the clip. But i have a feeling its because my unit is defective.

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #1,903 of 4,701
  I discovered that my takstar pro 80 has a serious channel imbalance at around 4khz when i listen to a sine wave sweep.

I actually use SineGen but this link will do. you'll notice it at around 10 to 12 sec of the clip. But i have a feeling its because my unit is defective.

At 4khz, the sound is almost absent at the left driver. The sound pans extremely to the right. I wonder what effect it has on actual music listening.

Apr 15, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #1,904 of 4,701

I've noticed that in the video you've posted but using SineGen I don't get any such imbalance. So I think that the anomaly is in the video.

Apr 15, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #1,905 of 4,701
Could anyone say please : is there a big difference between Takstar HD5500 and Pro 80 ?

im going to buy pro 80 but i didnt like its shape. 
triportsad.gif

i liked HD5500. if there is no big differences between them i would like to buy hd5500. 
i will use it just listening some pop music and for watchin movies without an amp. im not a dj.

i ve changed my mind hundreds of times 
confused.gif

then i decided to buy pro 80 that is adviced million times. but its shape just disgusting :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back