The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 14, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #1,321 of 4,701
I don't think it's stalling. China post is making problems over certain items. I ordered different things: aluminium nuts, headphones, clothes, air filter, li-ion Macbook battery and there have been problems with the battery, for being li-ion. China post refused it for being dangerous goods.

Jan 14, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #1,322 of 4,701
My only reason for thinking that is a possibility is the initial tracking number never showed anything, like the origin scan or even being a valid number. It was that way for weeks. Sure, they could have stopped the package at the very start and not returned it to the vendor for weeks, but it seems odd. Still, I have no idea how things are done with shipping in China so I can't say for sure. I do know the second package, that was clearly marked as headphones, came through fine.

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #1,324 of 4,701
I have concluded that the PRO80 is an awesome set of portable cans no hype intended

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #1,325 of 4,701
I have concluded that the PRO80 is an awesome set of portable cans no hype intended

A comparison to your Mad Dogs? :) just read the comparison a few pages back. Awesome!

Jan 16, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #1,327 of 4,701
H280Fidelity,

Please tell me that's not Days of our Lives or something. XD

Anyway! Before I pull the trigger on the Gemini, my Concerns is the Comfort. Can I use them for hours on end with Glasses? =D

Edit: I will also just be powering them with my Desktop. No amp or anything. =P

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #1,328 of 4,701
I just got my Pro 80 at DHL's and I plugged it into my iPhone. Played the song "Bridges in the Sky" by Dream Theater. The song begins with real deep throuth chanting and than fall into a massive guitarriff....

I really think you guys on here are incredibily hard to please ! These headphones sound simply amazing out of the box ! Even the DT770 pro I've had didn't have this impact on first listen !
blink.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #1,329 of 4,701
H280Fidelity,

Please tell me that's not Days of our Lives or something. XD

Anyway! Before I pull the trigger on the Gemini, my Concerns is the Comfort. Can I use them for hours on end with Glasses? =D

Edit: I will also just be powering them with my Desktop. No amp or anything. =P

I wear glasses and they're pretty comfy for a couple of hours, gets a bit sweaty when wearing the stock pads though. So might be a good idea to get the brainwavz hm5 pads instead :)

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #1,330 of 4,701
I wear glasses and they're pretty comfy for a couple of hours, gets a bit sweaty when wearing the stock pads though. So might be a good idea to get the brainwavz hm5 pads instead :)

+1 on the hm5 pads,they really seal the deal with these cans!

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #1,333 of 4,701
The Shure pads are nice too. Not quite as thick as the HM5. They also have a smaller "lip" than the HM5, so they don't work on everything the HM5 will (like my AKG K545).

However, I am using Shure pads on my HD5500 right now, so they should work. You can see the white stitching on the back a bit out the top and bottom, but they stay on fine.

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #1,334 of 4,701
Still a little reluctant on pulling the "Buy" trigger for the Amazon. Wish there was a video review of them, so I could get a closer look at them. =P What all pads will fit them and what do they do the Headphones themselves?

Edit: Is an amp really needed to help these? Do not have one. =P Was kind of hoping for a plug and listen. =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back