The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Jan 19, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #1,351 of 4,701
Hey guys I am loving my HI2050's after some serious burn-in and would like the option to EQ them a bit on some material. I listen to actual cd's
eek.gif
straight from an Onkyo Integra cd player or an Oppo DVD player. Both sound awesome IMO. I have an old Harman Kardon EQ-8 equalizer (nice unit) that has 10 bands at 31.5 63 125 250 500 1k 2k 4k 8k 16k. What are your thoughts on using this to dial in the HI2050's? Also any suggestion on what frequencies to adjust based on your own personal experience?

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #1,352 of 4,701
I bought some velours HI2050 earpads together with the Pro 80 because I like the comfort they provide. Yesterday I'd put them on the phones and I couldn't believe the difference... all bass was gone with the velours earpads
blink.gif
It suddenly were treblely headphones without any fundamental lows !

That got me thinking: could someone, who has both the PRO 80 and the HI2050, put the PRO 80's earpads on the HI2050 and let us know how much of a difference it makes ?

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #1,353 of 4,701
Does anybody know how Takstar Pro 80 compares to JVC HA-S680 ?? The S680 is being sold for less than $40

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #1,354 of 4,701
  Does anybody know how Takstar Pro 80 compares to JVC HA-S680 ?? The S680 is being sold for less than $40

I had the JVC HARX700 and own the Takstar HI2050, after burn-in the Takstar is the better headphone. The Takstar has much more detail in the highs and still has decent bass. When I had the JVC's I hardly listened to them after a week or so but the Takstars are still making me want to listen more and more. They are fantastic for the price.

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #1,355 of 4,701
After many long listening sessions I see that it's not really balanced for enjoyment listening the highs are too forward on the Gemini/Takstar pro 80 and it gets fatiguing after a while, but this makes sense as it is marketed as a studio monitor headphone. I still have to go back to my JVC S500's for fun long listening sessions where I can turn it up for the bass without having the sharp highs. 

If the S680 is anything like the S500 (and I've heard its better) it's going to be the more enjoyable headphone but the Takstar is most likely better in clarity. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #1,357 of 4,701
Thanks Ahunatu for help, still havent decided though.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #1,359 of 4,701
  I really want to thank this thread. Especially to Claus and PurpleAngel. But really, thank you for this thread. :)

You should share some impressions and experiences. Would help reach out to more people. Takstar makes some really good equipment, and no one knows about them.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #1,360 of 4,701
I would love to but I have very few headphones. I have nothing to compare to. actually I'm using the pro80 without an amp. What I can say is, for my first headphones, I'm really satisfied with this especially for the price i paid. And i'm someone from a third world country who happens to really love to listen to my kind of music.

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #1,361 of 4,701
  I would love to but this is just my first headphone. I have nothing to compare to. actually I'm using the pro80 without an amp. What I can say is, for my first headphones, I'm really satisfied with this especially for the price i paid. And i'm someone from a third world country who happens to really love to listen to my kind of music.

No need to be afraid. All experiences are welcome. You already expressed that you think they are great, especially for the price. You just shared an impression :)

How do they make you feel when listening to the music? Does everything come through clearly? Is there enough bass and warmth? There could be many others like you out there that may truly benefit from it without you ever realizing it, just like it helped you, and I, and many others.

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #1,362 of 4,701
Im not really a fan of bassy music, but when I listen to pop rock  songs that has bass. I really like the quality I'm getting, it has a good kick but leaves as quick, which in my opinion is good because it doesnt muddy up the track im listening to. The highs may be fatiguing but really enjoyable to listen to. Just know when you need to rest and pop the headphones back again. Again in a third world country along the equator. The cups can make you sweat. You'll 100% enjoy it in a good 1 hour, then maybe take a rest. :)

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #1,365 of 4,701
Can someone confirm this. When I play "Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine" through a takstar pro80, without using an equalizer, in the first part, about 1 minute mark onwards, I hear an unbearable tambourine-like instrument that is very harsh. It's so harsh that the headphone sounds broken to me. Can someone test this out for me and confirm this? I think the youtube video will do if you dont have the track. Please, someone. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back