The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Oct 1, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #3,721 of 4,701

Want the truth? I am really really enjoying it. Blows away all my other full size cans. I have been using it with the E17 all day and I can't stop listening. Found my permanent full size can for half the price I paid for the HSR1000 the first time around :wink:

Haha! Thats what I like to hear! 

They're still my 24/7 home PC cans. 

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #3,724 of 4,701
Got my new pair of Pro80's today after wearing my old to pieces (literally
wink.gif
).

Put the angled HM5 velour pads on and was straight away reminded of why I've loved these cans so much through the years
smily_headphones1.gif

hi..

what's the difference between original leather pads and your new velours pads in term of isolation, leakage and soundstage ?
and bass is less tight with velour pads ?
confused.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #3,725 of 4,701
hi..

what's the difference between original leather pads and your new velours pads in term of isolation, leakage and soundstage ?
and bass is less tight with velour pads ? :confused:

Lol, I just posted my original pads from my new pair to a friend in Canada today :wink:

Haven't used the original psds for years since they're so uncomfortable in comparison to the HM5 pads. I don't find the bass loose with the velours but they do islolate less than pleather pads (stock or HM5) and they also leak more sound out.

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #3,727 of 4,701
How's Philips SHP9500 compared to pro80?? They are sometimes available for below $50 on newegg.com
I heard they are at the level Fidelio x2. But only drawback of non removable pads. Does anyone here own both?? Would like to have some comparisons.

You're aware that one's open and the oter is closed?

May not be the best comparison. They'll be bery different sounding and have different strength and weaknesses due to being different type of headphones.

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #3,729 of 4,701
How's Philips SHP9500 compared to pro80?? They are sometimes available for below $50 on newegg.com
I heard they are at the level Fidelio x2. But only drawback of non removable pads. Does anyone here own both?? Would like to have some comparisons.

Watch zeos review on youtube. Just type zreviews, he does all audio stuff, and some pretty expensive headphones.

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #3,730 of 4,701
I agree. I was curious coz both of them are in the same price range.

I've owned the Pro80's for years (just received my second pair) and I've auditioned the SHP9500 several times (two times directly compared to the X2's, ended up getting them :wink:).

Both of your contenders are great headphones. The Pro80's are much better built imo. The fitting on them are also very different as the Pro80's are quite small while the SHP9500 are quite big. The Philips feel a bit flimsy but that could also br because they were on the verge of being to big for me.

As for sound the Pro80's are great for a closed can with good soundstage (for a closed can) and and overall quite balanced presentation with a small lift in the bass region and great bass extension.

The SHP9500 are also a very good open headphone with great details and air to it. Some people (maybe even more than some :wink:) might find bass lacking on it both in impact and extention. To put it this way I like them quite a bit but their biggest weakness is definitely that the bass doesn't extend lower (to my ears).

It would be more natural to compare the SHP9500 with the HI2050 and in that case I'd rank the SHP9500 as the better headphone.

Hope this helps in some way :wink:

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #3,733 of 4,701
Lol, I just posted my original pads from my new pair to a friend in Canada today
wink.gif

Haven't used the original pads for years since they're so uncomfortable in comparison to the HM5 pads. I don't find the bass loose with the velours but they do islolate less than pleather pads (stock or HM5) and they also leak more sound out.

Thank you Pete..
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #3,734 of 4,701
Hi everyone.
Sorry if I seem spammy all around the forum but every year I kinda research headphones and buy another one... And I guess its that time of the year again :p

My last years purchase Brainwavz HM5 (most expensive I had yet. Also had CAL) are pretty fantastic. Build quality is top notch and comfort too. I have plenty of those pleather memory foam pads. Thicker too... I have like 3 pairs total now. This is the best thing.

but I found them lacking in fun (not enough bass, punch) and kinda tiring. Not that they are uncomfortable but getting very hot(claustrophobic too) and I avoid wearing them until its late night and not warm middle of the day anymore... Now also, I don't need isolation anymore. Don't have a roommate anymore and can do whatever I want.

Been looking at some most recommended models.
Koss portapro seems to be bassy and put on the head and forget but Idk.. they look like they would crush in my hand and I don't think bass is possible without.. They said CAL is bassy too and it wasn't when I had it.

Other highly praised recommendation is pro80... Now I've heard its bass and not bassy depending on source. Price is ok since I am looking for below 100$ headphone. But the cable is super too long(ooops, checked that. Cable is actually pretty good with pro80.. not sure where I got the coiled from), some say headband is too short and it would seem like sweaty hot tiresome headphone. Not something to replace(or rather add, I am not selling) hm5 with. btw. Which pro80 is the best ? pro80 or cloud ? or gemini...

So I guess I could look at open hedaphones. How is 2050 ? is it bassy at all ? What if I would use it with pleather hm5 pads ? The price is very good
Also I am open to other recommendations. Takstar or not
edit: I have e10k and 100$ to spend max. thanks

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #3,735 of 4,701
  So I guess I could look at open hedaphones. How is 2050 ? is it bassy at all ? What if I would use it with pleather hm5 pads ? The price is very good
Also I am open to other recommendations. Takstar or not
edit: I have e10k and 100$ to spend max. thanks

Bass quantity (open headphones):
Yamaha HPH-200 > Pioneer SE-A1000 > Takstar HI-2050

Users who are viewing this thread

Back