The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Aug 26, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #3,677 of 4,701
I got the Pro80 yesterday - needed some closed cans for the bedroom, my wife doesn't like the sound from my HD600 bleeding all over the place...

These are very nice for classical music.  To me they sound pretty neutral, with just a nudge forward at the upper mids.  Woodwinds sound especially sweet.

For closed cans they have a very good soundstage - not close to HD600 quality but a great compromise for the price.  The sonic image feels spacious enough.

Oh, and the case is absolutely badass.  I think I'll remove the foam and use it to carry some travel gear (e.g. HD600 + Vali amp) when I'm on the road...

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #3,679 of 4,701
Before you take anything apart, try straightening it out with some pliers...  I've done this to many a too-forcefully-yanked jack without any difficulty or damage.

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #3,689 of 4,701
Hi all !

out of curiosity I bought Gemini DJ HSR-1000 and I must say I am really impressed, I mean for that price? (45usd) very good indeed 

and they handle bass nicely (even better then HFI580 if you ask me) nice phones for hip hop and electronic music, but this much bass is way too much for other genres, especially when vocals are involved, so I tried srh840 pads that I had and although sound improved in some departments and bass become more acceptable, but still I dont like how it sounds in the end compared to original pads

so as far as I remember HM5 velor pads are advised for pairing, but if there are some other pads that you could advise I would be grateful

thanx !  

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #3,690 of 4,701
HM5 pads will tame the bass. What the hell is your source and what are you comparing it to to say these have "too much bass". Sure that is their sound signature, neutral with a bass bump, but I wouldn't at all call them overly bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back