The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared
Oct 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #256 of 399
Nice thread again ClieOS, love all your threads. This basically secured Fiio E11's position in my first amp purchase. I want and amp that will go with a Squeezebox Classic that I found in my house. Didn't feel like it was driving my AKG K204 Studios properly, I could be wrong. But it looks like that's what I'm after now, thanks! Thanks for your hard work, I always seem to turn to you when I want to find anything on head-fi.

Nov 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #262 of 399
I'm looking for a portable amp solution that would also be good for using with my desktop as well as I switch from both frequently. I am unsure as to which amp I should be looking at for this. My current headphone and IEM inventory include Audio Technica ATH-ES7, Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition, Hippo VB's, and I'm looking to purchase another set of headphones for around the $150 mark that are definitely not bass shy (currently looking at the Ultrasone DJ1's). Which amp or amp/dac combo would be the best for this for the sub $100 price range? The cheaper the better of course!

Thanks.

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #263 of 399
  A lazy question but but any quick rec that does not require AC power source under 200?
I will research around as well. Thanks

Fiio E17, much better than the E7.

May 21, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #264 of 399
I have recently ordered Pa2v2 and i was wondering , is cmoybb 2.03b really better ? 

My headphones are IEM that have a lot of bass , i use Hippo Vb and Xiaomi IF , vsonic gr02 . I would like to try cmoybb as well but if the differences are minimal and easy to distinguish them i would just stick with pa2v2 .

Which one should have the most SQ for my IEM ?

May 21, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #265 of 399
If you asked me, there is without any doubt that cmoyBB is better, on both measurement as well as subjective listening. Though, all of you IEM seems to be fairly easy to drive, so I won't say they will hugely benefit from amping.

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #267 of 399
  hey guys, which of the amps in the comparison thread would you think would go best with rha ma750's? thanks

MA750 doesn't have a very strong flavor, so most amps will go well with it. The question, do you think you really need an amp for it?

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #268 of 399
So an update, I tried with my s3 for a few more days and still wasn't happy, kept remembering how much better my 're were with s1 voodoo sound before I lost them over a year or so ago. So I decided to buy a dx50 and it's just so much better, bass is great now especially

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #270 of 399
Is there any way you could compare the Auvio amp to the E11

Right now, unlikely. Don't forget I am living at the opposite side of the world where Auvio is sold and there is no easy way for me to get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back