The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #22,893 of 24,807
Yeah, it looks like is going to be a great good meet.
You get to see the "usual suspects", including  Milos, who tends to have the greatest headphones.
smile.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #22,895 of 24,807
Quote:
I found one for 52,710 yen brand new from a Japanese company that accepts paypal, and I can always have a buddy in Japan pick one up used for even less :)

Well you save $55. Yahoo Japan has em cheaper sometimes.

Quote:
I wondered what SoCal was for a moment. I figured it was somewhere between full strength and lo-cal milk.

I hear it never rains in Southern California..........  I had some here this morning.

Have a wonderful time at the meet.  If DefQon sells his 'phones he may have enough for a deposit on the fare.

hahaha

Nah I've changed my mind not going to be selling everything off just a few stuff. No time for holidays here but the first place I'd want to go is maybe Japan or Germany.
Quote:

I dont have them yet, i dont think ill be selling the Lambda , i was asking about SRM313. Anyone ?

I have heard the SRM-313 for a brief time not with the Lambda though and it's hard to compare it to the T1 or the MK2's I've owned and heard at different times. I felt the SRM-313 was sort of nasal sounding with my Lambda Pro's and Sigma Pro's that I had at the time.

What I meant in my original post is if you do end up parting with your T1W or SR1 MK2 let me know. 

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #22,896 of 24,807
Quote:
I found one for 52,710 yen brand new from a Japanese company that accepts paypal, and I can always have a buddy in Japan pick one up used for even less :)

That's a good price and a good intro to Stax. I wish they sold the headphones separately as I dont need another of those amps.

Quote:
Yeah, it looks like is going to be a good meet.
You get to see the "usual suspects", including  Milos, who tends to have the greatest headphones.
smile.gif

He does have a lot of fantastic stuff... probably needs his own security guard for his table right?

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #22,899 of 24,807
Quote:
I absolutely love the Bach recordings on the BIS label, by the Bach Collegium Japan. Supreme in more than one aspect, and certainly superbly rendered by Staxen.

+1
I also recommend the London Baroque cycle on BIS: most of the recordings are available in 24 bit format. Violin timbre on the 009 is just superbe.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #22,905 of 24,807
Quote:
Collecting Stax stuff is fun. Hopefully I win the next 3 auctions on Yahoo Japan for few other stuff.

You're still here? I thought you were leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back