The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #8,297 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by jvlgato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Stax cheaper to buy in Japan? I have a friend travelling there and wonder if I should ask her to buy it there for me? But cost, dollar exchange, customs etc ... complicates things. Anyone know?

Stax in general are noticeable cheaper in Japan than the rest of the world. How much depends on the country you compare against, exchange rates, luck with customs, ...

I suggest you check out these dealers price on Stax gear, and compare it to the price at your local dealer.
PriceJapan.com
EIFL Export
PriceJapan.com

As an example, I saved $1500 last year buying my Stax 4070 from Japan rather than from my local dealer.
beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #8,298 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stax in general are noticeable cheaper in Japan than the rest of the world. How much depends on the country you compare against, exchange rates, luck with customs, ...

I suggest you check out these dealers price on Stax gear, and compare it to the price at your local dealer.
PriceJapan.com
EIFL Export
PriceJapan.com

As an example, I saved $1500 last year buying my Stax 4070 from Japan rather than from my local dealer.
beerchug.gif

I was in Japan recently and Craig at kuboTEN - Japanese Auction and Shopping bought some new Stax SR-303 headphones and also some second hand Stax gear from Yahoo Auctions Japan for me. I got these delivered to my hotel before leaving Japan.
The service was excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Tim

Oct 7, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #8,299 of 24,807
Very helpful, thanks! Boy, those prices really are cheaper!

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PriceJapan.com
EIFL Export
PriceJapan.com

beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #8,300 of 24,807
Thanks, Marcus1!

Can you comment on taxes and customs upon returning to US?

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in Japan recently and Craig at kuboTEN - Japanese Auction and Shopping bought some new Stax SR-303 headphones and also some second hand Stax gear from Yahoo Auctions Japan for me. I got these delivered to my hotel before leaving Japan.
The service was excellent and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Tim

Oct 7, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #8,301 of 24,807
Quote:

Thanks, Marcus1!

Can you comment on taxes and customs upon returning to US?

... don't declare it.

Oct 8, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #8,303 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcus1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tim

I've also had a good experience dealing with Craig.

Oct 8, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #8,308 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, out of my range regardless, unless he started building them with jellybeans and cardboard boxes.

Ha! Ha! Ha! If he did make them out of jelly beans and cardborad boxed, I am you will be able to afford quite a few BHs. Not so much for the sound but the taste perhaps. Ha!

Oct 8, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #8,309 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Chew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just spoke to Justin on the phone. He said that he will be making the blue hawaii as a permanent product that he will build from now on. I have just placed my order for it.

The BHSE? or the run of the mill BH?

Oct 8, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #8,310 of 24,807
Quote:

Very helpful, thanks! Boy, those prices really are cheaper!

You're most welcome!
biggrin.gif

For some Stax'en you can certainly save a lot of money by importing them yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Chew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just spoke to Justin on the phone. He said that he will be making the blue hawaii as a permanent product that he will build from now on. I have just placed my order for it.

Which version of the Blue Hawaii?
A revived version of his previous KGBH, the KGBH SE (which we have waited for since early 2007), or a totally new one...?

Anyway, this is great news!
Since its been one of my main griefs against his business model. Building limited edition amplifiers only, and selling them out before even showing off the end product...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back