The Stax thread (New)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #301 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my lambda pros and srm1/mk2 !

a few quick questions, for some reason very occasionally, on my right earspeaker depending on how i move around i can hear like very high frequency pulses, like morse code almost so but then i moved my head and it went away, i thought it might be my hair poking inside but i swapped ears and also held it away from my head, and it still makes the noise sometimes, i also tried to clean up as much of the detereorated foam and i think that helped

but sometimes just a good shake seems to fix it....

is there anything i can do to check or perhaps confirm what's happening, i thought it might be a loose cable or something or source or grounding issue bit i dont think it's that...

also is it normal for the volume to drop ever so slightly when i touch the SRM1/MK2's case???

i'm all new to this and would like to make sure the stuff didn't arrive faulty... thanks

It sounds like a broken cable. This can happen when there is a direct line from the bias to one of the stators. It's easy enough to fix if you can get a new cable from Stax.

The SRM1 volume definitely shouldn't drop when you touch the case. These amps are old and many have been tinkered with over the years. Post some pics if you can of the inside of the amp.

Feb 27, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #302 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's always nice to see people that are open about their excessive drug use...
blink.gif

It's the grossly inflated shipping charge (78 euro!) and pointlessly small pictures that really did it for me. Mad.

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #305 of 24,807
Just got another Lambda Pro... somehow there seems to be intermittent static interference in the right channel. its not there all the time but occasionally it arises for only 1-2 seconds and its not there anymore. Anyone know what could be the problem be?

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #306 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone else think that the subject of Loudspeakers vs. Headphones should be another thread?

Yes. That isn't primarily about Stax earphones.

Andre Jute
Habit is the nursery of errors. -- Victor Hugo

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #307 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my lambda pros and srm1/mk2 !

Congratulations!
lambda.gif

I sure hope you can work around the issues you have, because it is a really great system.
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone else think that the subject of Loudspeakers vs. Headphones should be another thread?

I certainly do!
This thread is for Stax related discussions, while general headphones (vs. speakers) discussions should be held elsewhere.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:27 PM Post #308 of 24,807
Has anyone built their own DIY SRD-7 clone? Are there any general schematics? The concept doesn't sound too complicated and parts costs couldn't be that extreme...

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #310 of 24,807
Try checking out ebay UK and ebay Germany if ebay.com isnt yielding you anything. Most sellers will post to the states if you ask.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #311 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are you guys finding the Lambdas? I haven't been searching for long, so perhaps it's just a waiting game.

I found my Lambda Pro/SRM-1mk2 system on eBay Germany. Where they seem to come up at a fairly regular basis.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #312 of 24,807
Thanks guys. I'd love to hear the Lambdas. I've only owned the SR-003 with the SRM-252a (if i remember correctly), but I loved it. I was impressed by the SR-404 out of the SRM-313 I heard. Where do the Lambdas fall in relation to the two? I think I may have actually prefered the SR-003 to the SR-404.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #313 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where are you guys finding the Lambdas? I haven't been searching for long, so perhaps it's just a waiting game.

You have to keep a VERY close eye on E-Bay for them .Try putting "Stax headphones"or "Stax Lambdas" in your favorite searches to make it easy to check for. The prices tend to go higher when it's a normal auction but occasionaly a cheap Buy It Now auction will pop up from an ignorant seller.(Gotta love them)

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #314 of 24,807
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone built their own DIY SRD-7 clone? Are there any general schematics? The concept doesn't sound too complicated and parts costs couldn't be that extreme...

From the previous Stax thread...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...&postcount=629

Those are all 580V bias. I have the schematic for the 230V bias SRD-7, I just need to scan it and I'll post it later. I haven't built a transformer box yet, but I plan on it at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back