The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #1,516 of 2,080
  Normally, a comparison like this might work but the HD700 is pretty sensitive. I could drive mine up to a very reasonable volume with just my phone. The HD700 would win this battle, IMO.

Thanks for the input PETEREK! Say, aren't you the infamous cable-guy? 
wink.gif

Sep 23, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #1,517 of 2,080

Normally, a comparison like this might work but the HD700 is pretty sensitive. I could drive mine up to a very reasonable volume with just my phone. The HD700 would win this battle, IMO.

Thanks for the input PETEREK! Say, aren't you the infamous cable-guy? 
wink.gif

Well I hope I'm not the infamous one, but I do make cables from time to time. Haha

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #1,521 of 2,080
  Holy cow, that's a gorgeous looking amp you have there mate! Is that a WA-2? Thanks for the recommendation also. The trouble is though, that like I said, I have the office for just myself for quite a while. I also believe the HE-300 will sound better straight out of an iPod. And I don't plan on buying a portable amp for 1.5 month.
But in the long term, the HE-300 or HD580 birds will have to flock back to the nest, i.e. home. I do have a nice amp there, the Violectric V90. Should be able to drive both adequately.
Would you say the HD580 scales up better? Even though I do not know if I will have upgraditis again and move up to the likes of a HD700 and sell the HD580 or HE-300.

Thanks myriad10k...
beerchug.gif

Yes, that's the WA2.  The HD580 scales up much better.  I have short cables for both and I use them straight out of the DX50 or X1 sometimes.  Connected to an amp, the HD580 goes up another level.  Everything is just fuller all around.  The HE-300 is a fun phone and the mids are really great (using velour pads), but I think the HD580s are on another level and have stood the test of time.

Cheers!

Well I hope I'm not the infamous one, but I do make cables from time to time. Haha

You make cables?!?!?  No way!!!....Haha..
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #1,522 of 2,080

Thanks myriad10k...
beerchug.gif

Yes, that's the WA2.  The HD580 scales up much better.  I have short cables for both and I use them straight out of the DX50 or X1 sometimes.  Connected to an amp, the HD580 goes up another level.  Everything is just fuller all around.  The HE-300 is a fun phone and the mids are really great (using velour pads), but I think the HD580s are on another level and have stood the test of time.

Cheers!

You make cables?!?!?  No way!!!....Haha..
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Thanks again HeatFan, helps a lot. Hope I can call myself a proud 580 owner anytime soon. Luck be a 580, tonight 
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #1,523 of 2,080
Just got a pair of these puppies, quite a difference compared to the Beyer T70's. Lush and full sounding. Because of the comfort and sound signature almost forgot that I had them on. Chug away, Meshuggah!!

Thanks everyone for recommending this legend.

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #1,524 of 2,080
Just got a pair of these puppies, quite a difference compared to the Beyer T70's. Lush and full sounding. Because of the comfort and sound signature almost forgot that I had them on. Chug away, Meshuggah!!

Glad you went with the 580. I was hoping you would. I'm glad you are liking them. They really are stellar aren't they!?!

Sep 28, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #1,526 of 2,080

Great choice!!!  Congratz!

Oh Yeah!!!

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #1,529 of 2,080
The synergy between these cans and the iFi Micro iCan is just stuff of legends! I like the combination of the HD580, iCan and iPod much, much better than my home rig (Beyer T70, Violectric V90 and Schiit Modi)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back