The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Oct 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #1,336 of 2,080
I wanted to get a pair of HD600 grills to try them out--I don't want to use my 580 grills as the start of a DIY project so I can compare them.

Might have to bite the bullet and pay the relatively inflated price if I want to do that, though.

Oct 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #1,337 of 2,080
So I don't think it is a synergy issue. It may be the sound signature after all. The bass or low mid is thick and warm, but mid and upper mid in my opinion is lean. Highs are bright and sibilant for some recordings. To me, it is more like dt880 with more bass.

Haha to me they sound more like my DT990 with louder bass an shriller high's.
  Just called about ordering the HD600 Grills and was told they were $22.58 each. Quite a jump from the $10-12 quoted earlier in this thread.

Anyone order any recently and can comment on their pricing?

I thought of getting these too, but they're just as expensive regardless of where you look for them. I just take of the 580 grills whenever I'm in the mood for it; as long as I'm inside nothing will really happen to them anyways and when I'm outside the difference is small enough to justify protecting the drivers with the 580 grills

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #1,338 of 2,080
I got a Sennheiser HD580. I bought in 2006 and I didn't open it until now. Should I sell it or open it now? 

What headphone is best to accompanied HD580? Is dt990 pro 250ohm or dt880 pro 600ohm can do what HD580 can't do?

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #1,341 of 2,080
But I haven't opened it. I bought it and send it to my sister in TN. Recently she send it back to me in IL. Now I'm having in, I'm
contemplating what to do with it. To open or not to open. 

This is a HIFI gem. Today I used mine with a Aune T1 that I bought used and ... Oh boy... What a warm sound!!:)

I also have NAD 3020 amp and CD. Vocals are super with this headphones. I also have ATH 900x and HD580 are better for vocals but you need a good amp. I would open it to enjoy it. :):):)

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #1,342 of 2,080
This is a HIFI gem. Today I used mine with a Aune T1 that I bought used and ... Oh boy... What a warm sound!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I also have NAD 3020 amp and CD. Vocals are super with this headphones. I also have ATH 900x and HD580 are better for vocals but you need a good amp. I would open it to enjoy it.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the suggestion on the amp. I wonder if listening using Fiio E17 + MP3 is good enough. I try to find NAD3020 in Amazon. Wow, $499? T_T... i have E17. Not sure if I should get Fiio E09k dock. 

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #1,343 of 2,080
Thanks for the suggestion on the amp. I wonder if listening using Fiio E17 + MP3 is good enough. I try to find NAD3020. 

Hi. A good amp is very important to full enjoy HD580.

What I did was ripped my CDs using Helium Music in FLAC audio files on my Dell PC. Them the combination with Aune T1 wow...this other dimension of listening music.

I have Fiio X3 but HD580 sounds better with my Aune and NAD amp.

:):):)

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #1,344 of 2,080
Hi. A good amp is very important to full enjoy HD580.

What I did was ripped my CDs using Helium Music in FLAC audio files on my Dell PC. Them the combination with Aune T1 wow...this other dimension of listening music.

I have Fiio X3 but HD580 sounds better with my Aune and NAD amp.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aune T1 price is still resonable. Probably I'll get that and rip my CD to FLAC. Thanks for your suggestion :D

I guess Aune T1 is nice because it is Tube Amp. I would really want to try a tube amp. 

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #1,345 of 2,080
Aune T1 price is still resonable. Probably I'll get that and rip my CD to FLAC. Thanks for your suggestion :D

I guess Aune T1 is nice because it is Tube Amp. I would really want to try a tube amp. 

I have read here about tub amps and stage sound. I decided to try it and it is true. I want to upgrade now my tube for a really good one. I will let you know when I upgrade it. This is one of the reason that I bought it used to invest in a good tube in the future. :cool:

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #1,346 of 2,080
Thanks for the suggestion on the amp. I wonder if listening using Fiio E17 + MP3 is good enough. I try to find NAD3020 in Amazon. Wow, $499? T_T... i have E17. Not sure if I should get Fiio E09k dock. 

Nad 3020 vintage not the new model. I bought mine used with a NaD CD player for less 100$

I would try tube amp. I want to go a Ham Radio Fest to buy used tubes to try them. You would visit Aune T1 treat here and enjoy the club of tube fanatics.:)

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #1,347 of 2,080
This Aune T1 thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #1,348 of 2,080
But I haven't opened it. I bought it and send it to my sister in TN. Recently she send it back to me in IL. Now I'm having in, I'm
contemplating what to do with it. To open or not to open. 

Yeah I understood what you were saying. I'm suggesting to you that you DONT open it and save/sell it. I would buy another hd580 used if iI were you and listen to that one. An unopened HD580 is very rare and could be worth some money.

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #1,349 of 2,080
I have read here about tub amps and stage sound. I decided to try it and it is true. I want to upgrade now my tube for a really good one. I will let you know when I upgrade it. This is one of the reason that I bought it used to invest in a good tube in the future.
cool.gif

Cool

Nad 3020 vintage not the new model. I bought mine used with a NaD CD player for less 100$

I would try tube amp. I want to go a Ham Radio Fest to buy used tubes to try them. You would visit Aune T1 treat here and enjoy the club of tube fanatics.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok, I guess I'll try to get used NAD. 

This Aune T1 thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/633006/aune-t1-usb-tube-dac-amp-discussion-thread-see-first-post-for-faq

Thanks

Yeah I understood what you were saying. I'm suggesting to you that you DONT open it and save/sell it. I would buy another hd580 used if iI were you and listen to that one. An unopened HD580 is very rare and could be worth some money.

Thanks for your advice. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back