The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #1,351 of 2,080
Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement headphone cable for my Sennheiser 585's? I found one on Amazon.com but sadly, they won't ship this item to Canada for some reason. I also found one on Headroom, but the shipping costs to Canada exceed the price they're charging for the cable! (I just can't bring myself to pay $44 shipping charges for a $39 cable.....why don't companies offer USPS services to Canada for simple items like this?)

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #1,359 of 2,080
Made a guy on eBay an offer of $160 for a used (in excellent condition, supposedly) pair of HD 580 Precision headphones and he took it !!  I should get them tomorrow or Friday.  I think I got a good deal.  Can't wait for them to get here !!

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #1,360 of 2,080
  I just refurbished an aged HD580. Grilles painted black, mini-XLR termination, lambskin leather headband. Love them.

Okay, I need to know how you did this.  Instructions/How to guide?  Please?  Also, where'd you get the lambskin headband?

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #1,361 of 2,080
  Made a guy on eBay an offer of $160 for a used (in excellent condition, supposedly) pair of HD 580 Precision headphones and he took it !!  I should get them tomorrow or Friday.  I think I got a good deal.  Can't wait for them to get here !!

You got a great deal. They are, for all intents and purposes, a pair of HD600's :wink:  (If you look around on the web, you can find measurements that confirm that the two are essentially identical.)

Love mine. One of only two headphones that will never leave my stable.

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #1,362 of 2,080

Okay, I need to know how you did this.  Instructions/How to guide?  Please?  Also, where'd you get the lambskin headband?

I did not sand the grilles, just applied some layers of black spray paint and finalized the whole thing with some layers of transparent lacquer.
The lambskin headband is DIY, used some soft foam and a really thin and high-quality lambskin.

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #1,364 of 2,080

I did not sand the grilles, just applied some layers of black spray paint and finalized the whole thing with some layers of transparent lacquer.
The lambskin headband is DIY, used some soft foam and a really thin and high-quality lambskin.

You could make some serious money if you started making and selling those mods. That is the nicest HD580 I have ever seen by far!!

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #1,365 of 2,080
Now you guys went and done it...I gotta go get my HD580's and try them out on my new Lyr amp. Be back in about 8 hours
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back