The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Apr 21, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #4,546 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what concerns me is that the impressions out of the detroit mini meets in which the listeners got to hear the HD800's out of high end sources/amplification are very inconsistent

Your point also has me thinking that this is a good thing, in its own way. The more honest assessments, the better. There certainly will be people who don't like this phone (or don't think it worth the price). I think the criticisms are just as valuable as the praise.

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #4,547 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamerphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yarrgh.... Me pirate caught an eel. Nasty one it was indeed:
  • Eel's head got off in an instant ugly thing! And it was shielded with a screw on hardshell - what a mess!
  • Notice how wicket its guts is with 2 supporting spines following 2 hollow spines filled with additional shielding and the individual blood veins - Yearghh what a sight!
  • Every sailor knows his colors for navigation do you? Notice the boat was rocking so not fanciest job in the world but the shielding is end to end and all the practicals are 5 by 5 maity!
[/Pirate]
Sorry spend some hours in the lab and when choosing the colors for the XLR plugs pirates gut us...

That's a nasty hack job, but thanks for sharing the pics of the internals of the HD800's cable. Looks to be really nice construction on the inside as well as the outside. I'll have zero desire for a 3rd party cable when I get my HD800. Just a spare set of cables to convert to a 4 pin XLR balanced configuration.

-Ed

Apr 21, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #4,549 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadStrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wish they had a balanced cable...

Just to say, again, the HD 800 cable *is* balanced.

It's only the jack plug that isn't and it's easy to change if you want to use a balanced amp.

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #4,551 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by aasat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will be possible it to buy cable for HD800? Will be what price ?

Yes. $1400.

Or less
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #4,553 of 5,928
Quote:

Will be possible it to buy cable for HD800? Will be what price ?

Yes - I posted earlier - the cable is available as a spare part.

Part number: 532758

I only have the dealer price, so you will have to ask the dealer for the end-user price.

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #4,554 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes - I posted earlier - the cable is available as a spare part.

Part number: 532758

I only have the dealer price, so you will have to ask the dealer for the end-user price.

Thank you, how much is estimated prise? higger then 200$ ?

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #4,555 of 5,928
Quote:

Thank you, how much is estimated price? bigger than 200$ ?

Yes, I would have thought so - it depends on the dealer's mark-up.

Apr 21, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #4,556 of 5,928
Ok, enough of the silly rumours and arguing already. Go read the impressions from the Detroit meet and Jude and Germania arguing over whether it's better than the R10 or not (Epic stuff! Well, ok, maybe not). Link in sig.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #4,560 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At $200+ maybe better off with after market offerings....

I didn't say $200 - it could well be $300 - it depends on what the dealer wants to sell it for.

I can see the UK selling price being about £240 including VAT.

But please don't confuse the HD 800 cable with normal stock cables - it's very much better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back