The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Apr 23, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #4,576 of 5,928
Where/when in Singapore?
I'm going to be traveling there from May 1-10...be awesome if I could get a listen while I'm there...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This IS the most popular thread on HD800 on the internet i noticed...various sites, even Sennheiser people have added this in their twitter feeds, articles, blogs etc.

amazing.

for Asia people ...u can follow updates here also : Sennheiser Asia (SennheiserAsia) on Twitter

hopefully, i am gonna attend the launch event in singapore in May '09

Apr 23, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #4,578 of 5,928
Well, after so many posts in this thread I cannot help paraphrasing its title as "The First Listen, The First Review, The Last Delivery"
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #4,579 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by genesisproject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First post on Head-fi.

Welcome to Head-Fi...

Quote:

I have also pre ordered a pair of HD 800'S

Sorry for your wallet!
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #4,580 of 5,928
Quote:

First post on Head-fi. Have been visiting for quite a while and, have just now decided to join and start posting.
I have also pre ordered a pair of HD 800'S and am awaiting their arrival with great anticipation.

Welcome and sorry about your wallet... You are defiantly not the only one
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #4,581 of 5,928
Another lurker... I finally registered after all the hubbub surrounding the HD800. I also finally broke down and pre-ordered it through Head Room. I keep looking at my online banking cringing for when it finally clears after it gets shipped...

I've enjoyed my HD600's for many moons now and can't wait to see if the 800 is really worth the pricetag that bit into my account. :p

Haha, the wait may be interesting, but the ladyfriend will be the one who gets to relay her opinions on it to me as I'm currently in Iraq and won't get to take them out for a spin until at least this winter :X It seems like I've been spending more and more over audio equipment as of late.

Prior to deployment; I had my Technics 1210 MK2 shipped from my base to my home of record. Fedex tore it up pretty bad. Completely tweaked the tonearm beyond repair, shattered the dust case, somehow messed up the RCA cables, and had the gall to claim that Fedex was in no way shape or form responsible. The unit just got fixed by djproaudio in Brooklyn for cheaper than I anticipated. I made up for the lack of spending with the HD800 purchase though :X

Is there a latest and greatest regarding when my bank account might be $1400 lighter?

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #4,583 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by LetThereBeDoom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another lurker... I finally registered after all the hubbub surrounding the HD800. I also finally broke down and pre-ordered it through Head Room. I keep looking at my online banking cringing for when it finally clears after it gets shipped...

I've enjoyed my HD600's for many moons now and can't wait to see if the 800 is really worth the pricetag that bit into my account. :p

Haha, the wait may be interesting, but the ladyfriend will be the one who gets to relay her opinions on it to me as I'm currently in Iraq and won't get to take them out for a spin until at least this winter :X It seems like I've been spending more and more over audio equipment as of late.

Prior to deployment; I had my Technics 1210 MK2 shipped from my base to my home of record. Fedex tore it up pretty bad. Completely tweaked the tonearm beyond repair, shattered the dust case, somehow messed up the RCA cables, and had the gall to claim that Fedex was in no way shape or form responsible. The unit just got fixed by djproaudio in Brooklyn for cheaper than I anticipated. I made up for the lack of spending with the HD800 purchase though :X

Is there a latest and greatest regarding when my bank account might be $1400 lighter?

Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry about your wallet.

Apr 24, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #4,584 of 5,928
Quote:

Im in the same boat...just preordered minutes ago.....I have the 600's and the 650's... love them both....+1K better be worth it....somehow I think it will.....I hope. If not...well "30 days" right......

Apr 24, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #4,585 of 5,928
lol you have the luxury of the 30 day rule
biggrin.gif

My ladyfriend get's to tell me whether or not she likes it more than the 600.
And the lovely fact that they won't ship outside of the US, including APO addresses so I can't take them for a joy ride until I get back.

dammit.

Apr 24, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #4,586 of 5,928
Quote:

And the lovely fact that they won't ship outside of the US, including APO addresses so I can't take them for a joy ride until I get back.

I am sure there are some members here that could help you out. What are you doing in APO land?

Apr 24, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #4,587 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure there are some members here that could help you out. What are you doing in APO land?

I work in MNC-I on VBC. haha PM me for more details. OPSEC :p

Apr 24, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #4,589 of 5,928
Launching in Singapore? I wonder what it takes to attend the launch, would be great if I can try them out...

@gamerphile:
Yeap, that's why I said It's a concept, meaning a task for the R&D division to create sth new and revolutionary. It's almost the same concept as the technology in computer, before, there was no OS with a friendly GUI, after windows come (CMIIW), people are starting to use computer more, because how easy it is to operate a computer by then (compare to DOS/command prompt)

Then again, this all is only a crazy idea. It would be fun to have such headphone, where people with less technical knowledge about headphone could tune them easily, and if they don't like the setting, they could always set them to "default" again. And for the advance users, they would be able to customize this headphone how they want it to be
smily_headphones1.gif
just a crazy idea....but I'll be the first to try if there's such headphone
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back