The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Jan 12, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #961 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was finally happy with my cans and decide to leave this site for a while to save my poor wallet. When I made a casual visit first time in a year, guess what I saw, a freaking HD-800???? Curse you head-fi! My wallet will never be safe again!
icon10.gif

Knowing you have a problem is the first step to curing it.

Admitting the problem to others is the second step.

I gave into my addiction long ago....and have never looked back.
beerchug.gif

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jan 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #962 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by drubrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your continued support
smily_headphones1.gif

Down with Amazon
evil_smiley.gif

Who has the pictures of you guys with our badges at CES?

My pleasure Drew! You also have some great pics of the Ed. 8 up on your site.

JP has the picture that clown took at Circus Circus, but he seems to be sitting on his thumb at the moment. Actually, I forgot that the literal clown seemed to be on acid or frozen or something
confused_face.gif
and couldn't snap a pic. I will bug JP to get off his thumb and get that pic posted.
smile_phones.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #963 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome back!! I'm wanting the HD-800 myself but I really have to resist the urge. I have such good faith in the Senn that I will likely break down and order one soon.
frown.gif

just dooooooooooo it
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #964 of 5,928
I wonder if it makes sense to just be rationale about all of this...

e.g., We know if the headphones are a hit then Sennheiser will keep making them. If Sennheiser keeps making them then we will have more reviews and more time to decide. If we have more time and more insight then we decide in a more objective, educated manner... and the product price should stabilize - perhaps go down some as supply increases...

I think I convinced myself to wait....

But what if I die or lose my hearing or lose my job or lose my Internet access during the time they officially release the HD800 and the time it takes for me to decide.... Then I would have missed out.

So I need to buy now. It's the logical choice.

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #965 of 5,928
And you can still sell it again if it's not absolutely worth the money. And admit it: You just want to have it as early as possible! Just order!
wink.gif

I thought with buying the HD650 and the Cantate I'd be cured of the head-fi syndrome for a while, but I've already thought of a way to get the needed money for a HD 800 until February. Resistance is futile!

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #966 of 5,928
See the HD800 piece here: http://blog.stereophile.com/ces2009/

I love this quote:

"When I left, the young owner of a new headphone site who had shared the demo with me was so blown away that he wrote down the name of the recording so he would be sure to get a copy."

Jude is not young, nor is Head-Fi new!

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #967 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See the HD800 piece here: Stereophile: CES 2009 Show Report

I love this quote:

"When I left, the young owner of a new headphone site who had shared the demo with me was so blown away that he wrote down the name of the recording so he would be sure to get a copy."

Yeah but to sterophile headfi is young and new,,,

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #969 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See the HD800 piece here: Stereophile: CES 2009 Show Report

I love this quote:

Yeah, you gotta wonder where they find these guys sometimes!
Maybe Jude should go back and edit his original post with something like;
" The fellow I shared the demo with was playing some of the worst god awful music I ever heard in my life. It was so terrible sounding that I wrote the name of it down so no one I care about will ever be tempted to buy it."

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #971 of 5,928
Anyone wanna start a "let's buy a pair for robm321" thread?

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #972 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TTVJ.com is indeed an authorized dealer of the HD800 and will receive their first shipment of 24 pairs in late February or early March like HeadRoom. Todd said he has sold a little less than half of the first run, so call him and order a pair. He doesn't charge you until he is shipping the cans. Once he hits 20 or so orders, he will order another chunk.

I just got off the phone with Todd. He now has 30 pairs coming! The biggest limitation seems to be in knowing exactly how many pairs of HD800 will enter the US market initially. Apparently, it will be in the low 200s and most of them are already spoken for.

Jan 13, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #973 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, you gotta wonder where they find these guys sometimes!
Maybe Jude should go back and edit his original post with something like;
" The fellow I shared the demo with was playing some of the worst god awful music I ever heard in my life. It was so terrible sounding that I wrote the name of it down so no one I care about will ever be tempted to buy it."

Umm, actually the Jansons/Concertgebouw SACD of the Richard Strauss' "Alpine Symphony" is one of the best versions of that score to have come out in the recent years. I doubt that Jude would have written it down if it didn't sound good....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back