The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Jan 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #932 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen a mention of the Stereophile blog on CES where Victor Serinus called the HD800 the best sound at the show bar none!
Stereophile: CES 2009 Show Report
Hey jp#, did you happen to run into Doc B and Paul, I told Paul on Thursday night to get over there and listen to the 800's right after I read the beginning of this thread.
Great pictures Al.
And thanks for the first world wide report Jude.

My AD2000's have been hiding ever since I laid eyes on the pictures!

Thanks for the props and for that link, Steve, I had not seen it yet. Jason is not a real headphone enthusiast so it is good to get a more "objective" viewpoint.

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #933 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody know whether TTVJ is an authorized Sennheiser dealer and will have FIRST batch HD800 for pre-order?

I asked the question in TTVJ sponsor thread but haven't got answer yet.

TTVJ.com is indeed an authorized dealer of the HD800 and will receive their first shipment of 24 pairs in late February or early March like HeadRoom. Todd said he has sold a little less than half of the first run, so call him and order a pair. He doesn't charge you until he is shipping the cans. Once he hits 20 or so orders, he will order another chunk.

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #934 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It look like it is pure speculation at this point anyway. From whats written in the article in Norwegian Lyd&Bilde (hifi-mag), they will cost about 1000 Euro.

Yeah, lets hope they end up closer to NOK 9000 (€1000) than NOK 14000 (€1500).
Would like to see the final local price before pre-ordering abroad. Cause in general Sennheiser have decent prices here.

Jan 12, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #936 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD800 doesn't reach nowhere near it's capacity unless you remove the damping and replace that crappy cable. First?

are you quoting someone or just being an ass?

Jan 12, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #937 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by FUTUREGRAWK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD800 doesn't reach nowhere near it's capacity unless you remove the damping and replace that crappy cable.

Just quoting. An ass. A bit of both. Welcome to the future, grawk.

Jan 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #938 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD800 doesn't reach nowhere near it's capacity unless you remove the damping and replace that crappy cable. First?

Don't forget to post pictures and impressions of your pair, when the mod is done..
smile.gif
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #940 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by wharfrat1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I preordered mine last week as soon as they went up on the Headroom website on Thursday. I spoke with sales there on Friday and they said they will have at least 30 in the first run, and hopefully 40-45. I know that when I spoke with them on Friday morning I was 1 of 22 that had ordered so I know I am in on the first run.

Sorry for the slight spammyness here, but I don't want incorrect info out there. We have ordered 65 on the first shipment and 35 on a second (one month later) shipmen---that we have the option of moving forward if volume requires. So we have first dibs on the first 100 cans. Currently about 35 are spoken for.

Jan 12, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #941 of 5,928
Sorry Tyll, when I spoke with Ben on Friday, he did say there was a good possibility you would get more, but at that time you had at least thirty for sure. Anyways, I'm just glad I'm getting one of them. I have no doubt the other 65 you have will go quickly.

Is it the end of February yet?

Jan 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #942 of 5,928
That doesn't seem like Spam to me, Tyll. As a few of us have said before, I really believe that our members should be ordering from you and Todd and Drew at Moon Audio rather than ordering from Amazon, in my humble opinion.

Jan 12, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #943 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by wharfrat1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more I read the more excited I get about these. I preordered mine last week as soon as they went up on the Headroom website on Thursday. I spoke with sales there on Friday and they said they will have at least 30 in the first run, and hopefully 40-45. I know that when I spoke with them on Friday morning I was 1 of 22 that had ordered so I know I am in on the first run.

That is good to know, as it means I am one of those 22 who ordered in the first 24 hours (about 12mn Thursday night, shortly after I read about them).

Jan 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #944 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TTVJ.com is indeed an authorized dealer of the HD800 and will receive their first shipment of 24 pairs in late February or early March like HeadRoom. Todd said he has sold a little less than half of the first run, so call him and order a pair. He doesn't charge you until he is shipping the cans. Once he hits 20 or so orders, he will order another chunk.

Thanks Voltron! I just placed an order with TTVJ. The sales lady, Brynn, promised my that I will get the first batch! YAHOOOOOO....
biggrin.gif

Now I need to cancel my Amazon order.

Jan 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #945 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the slight spammyness here, but I don't want incorrect info out there. We have ordered 65 on the first shipment and 35 on a second (one month later) shipmen---that we have the option of moving forward if volume requires. So we have first dibs on the first 100 cans. Currently about 35 are spoken for.

Thanks for the updates. It's very helpful, not spam at all when correcting info. I can't hardly wait to try it out. And, it's very possible it will sound good enough single ended with my maxed WA6 with PDPSU and Sophia rectifier than I wont need to balance it for my Single Power. Still, a 4-pin XLR might be in the cards for me later, or just a second cable balanced already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back