The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
Jan 9, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #436 of 5,928
So the senn fans that complain of too much treble with phones like akg 701's (with rolled off treble) are going to buy these $1400 hp's that do NOT have rolled off treble. LMAO! I can't wait to see the postitive responses of everyone that complained other headphones had too much treble after they buy these.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #437 of 5,928
First things first:

I want to congratulate Jude on scooping the headphone universe and hearing these cans a solid 18 hours before any one else. He warrants the honor. I've done my fair share for this hobby, and there are few who I consider brothers in arms for this glorious little world we've built, and Jude is one of them.

The fact that Sennheiser bestowed the honor on him only shows to go ya that Sennheiser "gets it" too.

And the fact the Sennheiser delivered to us the product that will define the full birth and first full blossom of headphonedom as a legitimate part of the audiophile world will only be clearly seen 3-6 years from now, but mark my words, this is it.

I'd love to talk more, but I stand to wear out my welcome with Spammy words, so I've asked Jude, and was told it was okay, to point you to the thread in our vendor forum area for my further comments here.

Jude, man, I'm so friggen glad you were the first one to get it right between your ears with the HD800. Congrats!

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #438 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you lot must have "more money than senns"
bigsmile_face.gif

nice one
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #439 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyriel0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the senn fans that complain of too much treble with phones like akg 701's (with rolled off treble) are going to buy these $1400 hp's that do NOT have rolled off treble. LMAO! I can't wait to see the postitive responses of everyone that complained other headphones had too much treble after they buy these.

Hope you really get to enjoy that moment when it happens. To me the graph doesn't always represent how the phone will sound exactly in real world situations.

I personally found the hd600 to have a bit too much treble this time around owning one (2nd time) and did not have such an issue with the k701.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #440 of 5,928
The HD650's have dropped about $100 US just in the last month. (I Know cause I bought some off ebay for 399.00) and now they're around 300.00
I can't imagine what this news is gonna do to thier value. I already gave up the thought of selling them and I decided to give them "Zanth" for his headphone loaner program.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #441 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the fact the Sennheiser delivered to us the product that will define the full birth and first full blossom of headphonedom as a legitimate part of the audiophile world will only be clearly seen 3-6 years from now, but mark my words, this is it.

While the cynic in me finds some difficulty in believing this, there isn't a more likely way for it to occur. Sennheiser is about as heavy a hitter as we're likely to ever see in this hobby, and if this headphone lives up to all that the company has claimed, all that we were wanting, all that we were hoping for... then just maybe headphones can start to break through.

Your positivism is admirable Tyll, I really do hope we see the blossoming.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #442 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First things first:

I want to congratulate Jude on scooping the headphone universe and hearing these cans a solid 18 hours before any one else. He warrants the honor. I've done my fair share for this hobby, and there are few who I consider brothers in arms for this glorious little world we've built, and Jude is one of them.

The fact that Sennheiser bestowed the honor on him only shows to go ya that Sennheiser "gets it" too.

I'd love to talk more, but I stand to wear out my welcome with Spammy words, so I've asked Jude, and was told it was okay, to point you to the thread in our vendor forum area for my further comments here.

Jude, man, I'm so friggen glad you were the first one to get it right between your ears with the HD800. Congrats!

Well, take no offense my friend, by why do you think jude and you got an early listen?....spam on....it's all budiness....I'll revisit when all of the embers cool a bit....thanks for your updates though.....bias as it may be.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #444 of 5,928
Drew had a chance to listen to them today, right? Impressions?

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #445 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by AC1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you talking about. They have produced real flagships before. These will be more like HE90/60's which I dont ever remeber them selling far below MSRP (other than a when they were discontinue clear outs) like the 600 series.

Not sure how you can state with any certainty what it will or will not do. Time will tell.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #448 of 5,928
Tyll states that his review of the phones was through an h120 into a portable desktop (his hot-rodded portable desktop). Not bad, but not EMM labs.

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #450 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure how you can state with any certainty what it will or will not do. Time will tell.

What is certain is these are not massed produced so they are nothing like the series 600 headphones. If you don't want to go by past history of their non-mass produced products. Then sure ignore it and keep saying that it is somehow gonna follow the trend of what the 600s did.

Read Tyll's comments as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back