The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Sep 25, 2011 at 11:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

dyl1dyl

Aka: dercius
Hey guys, pick your choice from the selections or post if I did not include your option. Remember, this is the one headphone you will have to live with for the rest of your life.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 47
A pair of HE-Audio Jades

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 47
What? Just a headphone and no amp/source? What would i plug them into? 

biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #9 of 47
The amazing thing about an Island is after a while you don't care anymore about having the best headphone and just enjoy the music. 

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #12 of 47

I of course agree but I would have to state that there is a 15 year old walking down the street with his first pair of Beats listing to Pitbull's Plant Pitbull who is much more happy than the OCD Head-Fier in his late 40s changing powercords to his 100K system in the middle of the night and not getting anything to sound right. 

The kid with the Beats thinks everything is right. It is right in his perception. Which headphone you end up having is really not 100% important to enjoying music. The perception of music is a mental thing not totally dependent on equipment or the lack there of. There is no best headphone. 
Quote:
But the music will be enjoyed better on the best headphone

Sep 28, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #13 of 47

Quote:
What? Just a headphone and no amp/source? What would i plug them into? 

biggrin.gif

Haha, just post your choice of source then :) 

Seems like the 009s are winning but the LCD 2.2s are pretty darn close. Btw, this thread is just for fun, so just vote for your favourites, Im pretty sure almost no one has owned or even tried all the listed headphones.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #14 of 47
Given how much I've come to enjoy these vintage Stax Lambdas, the SR-009 would be the logical progression for me (if money wasn't a problem).

Since amp/source can be anything, just hand me a BHSE and a top-of-the-line desktop computer with an X-Fi card (I need the gaming features) and some fancy external DAC that's as transparent as possible. One can dream, right?

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #15 of 47
Well, any of my current setup. My portable is always with me, so it doesn't count. Oh yes, a GPS phone for calling for help will be better than a pair of headphones, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back