The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :)
Oct 4, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #31 of 47
Quote:
I would choose an iem as that way I could wander the island with music in my ears. My choice would be my Etymotic ER4S. I love my LCD's and the Stax 009 is simply sublime but for practicality it would be the Ety's!

Of course.

An iem is what you need. Phonak 112 maybe??
- Perfect level of isolation
- 100/100 star comfort with a very easy fit (It don't need a deep fit)
- Extremely low profile, low maintenance and portable player suitable. 

Though some who are really treble sensitive might want to consider something else.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #32 of 47
For mobile beach combing the Ultrasone Edition 8 would be my choice - as they are my current on the go solution. In fact just got back from a tropical island an th 8's where fantastic for late night listening.

If I'm stuck in one place then the Sony R10 bass heavy would be my no1 choice as I could gloat at the fine workmanship and wonder at the legendary design between listening sessions.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #34 of 47
I would have brought my Ultrasones Edition 8 because they are closed (just imagine the noise from the water that you have to live with all day long) and they are perfect to connect to my little mp3/flac player which battery I can charge from solar cells.

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #36 of 47
Audeze LCD-2 rev.2 without blinking *_^

and what is this ??! there's a lot of unnecessary options there ! you actually put the two versions of the stax MK1\2 and Audeze 2.1\2

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #37 of 47
Quote:
HD650
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
As much as I would be tempted to pick the more esoteric options, especially SR-009s, I would probably choose the HD800, as I would expect them to last the longest.  But if I could trade the Sennheiser HD800 for say 3 pairs of sealed HD650s then I would do that, and it would ensure the collective lifespan of my headphones exceeds my own lifespan.  

Yup. HD650

Oct 9, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #39 of 47
I'd take the Ultrasone Signature Pro.

Not the best sounding, but most versatile, and can be used as a weapon when need be.

Can also be used as a shield, shovel, boomerang or helmet.

Easy to drive as well.

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #40 of 47
My Baby Orpheus (HE60) and a Cavalli LL ...... solar powered of course.

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #43 of 47
It would be ghe most exotic and elusive orpheus for me. Having never tried them and unlikely to ever be lucky enough to try them it'd be nice to have a lifetime of isolation to get to know them.
My desert island would have plenty enough shelter to ensure their longevity. In that instance I'd like to try the most unattainable headphones I could get. Which seems like it's these.

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #45 of 47
Sennheiser HD 700 and Colorfly C4 Player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back