The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!
Oct 15, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #49 of 1,278
I recently migrated to the Audeze LCDi4: well, they cost more than twice as much as the IE800S, but they're on a completely different league.

Uh, the lcdi4 is open, no isolation. Useless on the go, so why not buy a real set of headphones?

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #53 of 1,278
Not really
I have the ie800 and the i4 and I can guarantee you that the i4 is well above the 800.

You can argue that since it’s open and doesn’t offer any isolation it cannot be use on th go.
But in term of sound it’s a different planet.
Agreed , LCDi4 is in the league of U18, Tia Fourte and Zeus XR , these bad boys really deserve the TOTAL title ,

Oct 16, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #55 of 1,278
This may be possible... Maybe Venus instead of Mars, or whatsoever...

But the higher league believe most probably is the typical subjective want-to-believe of a proud owner... :beerchug:

Not really, as I stated I owned and I still own the IE800. Never heard the newer IE800S, but I don't expect it to be a completely different beast, if it was Sennheiser just would have labeled it differently, or?
My "on the go" use is when I'm away from home, but in an hotel, or in my house on the mountains, not when I'm walking around. I can't imagine myself listening to a Mahler symphony when wandering around. :) The LCDi4 doesn't isolate, granted, but I guess that's one of the main reasons it doesn't sound like an IEM at all.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #57 of 1,278
Detachable cable ? If not is the Y longer this time around ?

Oct 16, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #59 of 1,278
All very subjective...

Totally…not too sure how we got comparing a $999 iem, which is already ridiculously expensive for a tiny pair of vibrating membranes, which may or may not improve ones musical enjoyment over their free earbuds, and then stepping into fools territory at a $2495.00…lol

Yes all very subjective…..

Oct 16, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #60 of 1,278
Totally…not too sure how we got comparing a $999 iem, which is already ridiculously expensive for a tiny pair of vibrating membranes, which may or may not improve ones musical enjoyment over their free earbuds, and then stepping into fools territory at a $2495.00…lol

Yes all very subjective…..

even more subjective if you have not heard the i4...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back