The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Oct 27, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #8,176 of 23,562

got the dignis arca case for my N8's today. The stock 64 audio case is awesome and well thought out, but doesn't really have space for anything else. The Arca has just enough space for the N8s, Earstudio ES100, ifi IEmatch, and 2 adapters.
Was stinking expensive for what it is, but I haven't found anything equivalent cases. Didn't want a huge and heavy pelican case, and those don't have any organization features.
I agree I like the Dignis case the best. I love the Black leather and the Brown leather cases. Tks.

Oct 27, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #8,177 of 23,562
I wonder if 64a will join the Estat train. I have an A12t and the EE Valkyrie and after listening to the EE for some time I feel the A12t is missing a bit of the energy of the highs.

that's what the a18t is for.

Oct 27, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #8,178 of 23,562
Which ones are best? Highly depends on your preferences. I personally don't want my music to sound like it is performed in front of me live, I want exaggeration and detail, and technicality. It's simply what excites me

This is how I see it as well. With (good) iems it feels as though the music is being piped directly into your brain. You can hear all the detail and the spatial cues, and it makes you feel as though you are floating in a sea of pure sound. Headphones and speakers just can’t approach this.

Also, customs are better than universals in this respect. Which makes me want my A18ts to hurry up and get here...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #8,179 of 23,562
It's surprising how several reviewers prefer the U12T to the U18T. Crinacle is the one obvious reviewer with that preference, but when googling "U12T vs U18T" I found others making the same statement. The response graphs between the two IEMs don't look wildly different, though apparently the U18T are harder to drive?

And similarly, Crinacle and some others seem to prefer the Trio to the Fourte. Though I'm tempted to buy the "best", figuring I'd second guess later, but "more" (in terms of price and drivers) isn't necessarily better.

I don't have a strong preference between dynamic or BA bass drivers; I've heard both done well.
I realize this is a 64 Audio thread, but if you are truely looking fir a new IEM for yourself, do not limit yourself to 64 Audio. They are excellent, but you should try others for comparison. Tks.

Oct 28, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #8,180 of 23,562
This is how I see it as well. With (good) iems it feels as though the music is being piped directly into your brain. You can hear all the detail and the spatial cues, and it makes you feel as though you are floating in a sea of pure sound. Headphones and speakers just can’t approach this.

Also, customs are better than universals in this respect. Which makes me want my A18ts to hurry up and get here...
Agreed, some universals approximate (and imo, outperform) headphones - namely the Noir. Has that same "speaker-like" sound, but with the added detail of an IEM

Also on a side note, if you ask this same question on Facebook or Reddit or whatever, a bunch of headphone people with a superiority complex will start screaming how a 500$ headphone outperforms TOTL IEMs, so I suggest you don't :D

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #8,181 of 23,562
So I will never buy a 1k cable < you could've ended your sentence here :) > with PVC outer layer knowing that.
PS: I see someone else had the same remark. Sorry, didn't mean to be redundant.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #8,182 of 23,562
Crazy question...the Fourte is my all-time favorite IEM, I got rid of them because I didn't like the fit. Does anyone know of a CIEM with a very similar sound signature as the Fourte?

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #8,184 of 23,562
I have Fourte too. Enjoying them immensely with JVC Spiral Dots M. Small rubber bands insure the tips are sticking out a little bit.

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #8,185 of 23,562
I used sone Symbio tips but removed the foam. They fit much better and I like the signature with the Fourte. They are the best sounding iem’s I’ve heard.

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #8,186 of 23,562
Crazy question...the Fourte is my all-time favorite IEM, I got rid of them because I didn't like the fit. Does anyone know of a CIEM with a very similar sound signature as the Fourte?
Interesting question. I would suggest going the custom route so that you take the fit out of the equation. As for which one, while I own the Fourte and chose it over the U18, having now experienced a number of IEM’s from many manufacturers I consider the QDC Anole VX one of the top IEM’s made. Get it in custom form. If you want to stay with 64Audio, the A18T might do it for you. The A18 is the custom version and it will have the same expansive soundstage, treble and should match the bass or surpass it in custom form. I do not own this, I am saying this based on the universal and realizing that the custom version will sound better and have more bass. Obviously it is a very different IEM, but I did like it allot at my last comparison.
I also just read a post by MVVRAZ where he compiled a detailed list of the IEM’s he likes, but also provided a sound description. His list might be able to help you. Try contacting him directly as a private message. He might also read this. Good luck.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #8,187 of 23,562
today my cable went to left ear only on way in as i was listening to my U18T which are freshly back from a service.

feeling very sad about this i was happy to recall that i had the stock cable at work so the trip home would not be a loss. also new spiraldot ++ had arrived (they are very nice).

i am however not a fan of the stock cable. at least i wasn't when i bought Trio's and listened to it then.

so i wasn't thinking that the cable would be good. in fact i expected it to be very bad. as i recall all the sound happened in one place centred an inch either side of one's "third eye".

however although a stock cable this one was not from the Trio. i have squandered a small fortune on 2nd hand examples of u18t and fourte, so it is one of those.

anyway it was pretty great i thought. wide soundstage. some depth. great articulation. nice tone. i usually listen to pw 1950s or silverfi r4. of course i wasn't A/B testing or anything. but given the ergonomics of the stock cable (excellent), the sound was good enough to make it seem like a viable proposition to me (although i'm clearly prejudiced by my mono ordeal this morning).

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #8,189 of 23,562
My Fourte are hopefully on their way back to 64 as I write this: the socket on one side was loose causing cut-outs. Hopefully both sides come back more resilient!!

Using some U18t in the meantime. Not sure whether to keep both, or sell one once they’re back repaired. It’s kind of useful having a backup but I kind of miss the bass of the Fourte.

Oct 29, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #8,190 of 23,562

Users who are viewing this thread

Back