The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 5, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #8,206 of 23,562
I’m curious... For those with the 18t, which do you spend more time with, the m15 or the m20 Apex module?

On the one hand I appreciate the ability to modify the sound, but for me it leads to constant wondering, “Which would suit this album better..” which is kind of annoying. :)

the gold (-17db) module from FiR audio :)

Nov 5, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #8,207 of 23,562
I do not know which would be a middle ground between trio and u18t but if i could choose only one i would take the u18t. the detail is spectacular and it is a lovely delicate sound which is entirely non-fatiguing. i currently have the trio, u18t and fourte and this is where i am at right now.

other posters have been discussing in past weeks the idea that an iem sound is not like a live event or a loud speaker but is really another "type" of listening. i appreciate that perspective greatly having now read it and i think the u18t is the most "iem" sounding iem of the u18t or trio and so for that reason i would take it.

Nov 5, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #8,209 of 23,562
I do not know which would be a middle ground between trio and u18t but if i could choose only one i would take the u18t. the detail is spectacular and it is a lovely delicate sound which is entirely non-fatiguing. i currently have the trio, u18t and fourte and this is where i am at right now.

other posters have been discussing in past weeks the idea that an iem sound is not like a live event or a loud speaker but is really another "type" of listening. i appreciate that perspective greatly having now read it and i think the u18t is the most "iem" sounding iem of the u18t or trio and so for that reason i would take it.
wish list would be:
-details of U18t
-low end rumble of the Trio

I guess this is why we all have multiple TOTL IEMs

Nov 5, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #8,211 of 23,562
wish list would be:
-details of U18t
-low end rumble of the Trio

I guess this is why we all have multiple TOTL IEMs

Noir is very close to your dream

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #8,212 of 23,562
I’m curious... For those with the 18t, which do you spend more time with, the m15 or the m20 Apex module?

On the one hand I appreciate the ability to modify the sound, but for me it leads to constant wondering, “Which would suit this album better..” which is kind of annoying. :)
M13 module from FiR - haven’t used anything else since I got that. Then again though, I’ll always take the bass light option haha

Nov 6, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #8,214 of 23,562
Gonna have to get those!

Are the modules an industry standard, then? Or is it just 64 and FiR? I was under the impression they were a 64-only thing.
FiR was started by one of the three brothers that started 64 back in the day, so they have the expertise to develop 64 compatible products

Some other companies have somewhat similar tech but nobody that I know of develops APEX modules

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #8,217 of 23,562
Noir is very close to your dream
I felt it was too warm, slightly warmer than the U18t.

Perhaps I should've stayed with the Fourte and tried different cables.

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #8,218 of 23,562
I felt it was too warm, slightly warmer than the U18t.

Perhaps I should've stayed with the Fourte and tried different cables.
I also found the Noir to be really warm, but it’s extremely responsive to cable and source swaps. Found the sweet spot on mine with the SP1000M and silver or silver/gold cables

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #8,219 of 23,562
I also found the Noir to be really warm, but it’s extremely responsive to cable and source swaps. Found the sweet spot on mine with the SP1000M and silver or silver/gold cables
I find the u18t to be perfect with silver/gold hybrid cable. Tried full copper and it just didn't sound right.
I will need to try both fourtes again and bring all my cables.

Nov 6, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #8,220 of 23,562
I find the u18t to be perfect with silver/gold hybrid cable. Tried full copper and it just didn't sound right.
I will need to try both fourtes again and bring all my cables.
I tried my A18t with a silver gold cable but I found it lost quite a bit of detail... I am waiting on mine to be reshelled but once it’s done I plan on using it with a pure silver, 8 wires :)

Definitely do that. I’d especially recommend the Cleopatra for the Noir

Users who are viewing this thread

• Toom
Back