1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies

First

Back
538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547
549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558
Next

Last
  1. aaf evo
    the gold (-17db) module from FiR audio :)

2. mrgray
    I do not know which would be a middle ground between trio and u18t but if i could choose only one i would take the u18t. the detail is spectacular and it is a lovely delicate sound which is entirely non-fatiguing. i currently have the trio, u18t and fourte and this is where i am at right now.

other posters have been discussing in past weeks the idea that an iem sound is not like a live event or a loud speaker but is really another "type" of listening. i appreciate that perspective greatly having now read it and i think the u18t is the most "iem" sounding iem of the u18t or trio and so for that reason i would take it.

kdphan likes this.
  3. zachawry
    oh my god I had no idea such a thing even existed....

aaf evo likes this.
  4. kdphan
    wish list would be:
    -details of U18t
    -low end rumble of the Trio

I guess this is why we all have multiple TOTL IEMs

5. twister6 Contributor
    Here :wink:

6. productred
    Noir is very close to your dream

mvvRAZ likes this.
  7. mvvRAZ
    M13 module from FiR - haven’t used anything else since I got that. Then again though, I’ll always take the bass light option haha

8. zachawry
    Gonna have to get those!

Are the modules an industry standard, then? Or is it just 64 and FiR? I was under the impression they were a 64-only thing.

9. mvvRAZ
    FiR was started by one of the three brothers that started 64 back in the day, so they have the expertise to develop 64 compatible products

Some other companies have somewhat similar tech but nobody that I know of develops APEX modules

10. zachawry
    Good to hear it’s a family thing. Thx. :)

11. Hunganh.162
    I need tia fourte noir to sell

12. kdphan
    I felt it was too warm, slightly warmer than the U18t.

Perhaps I should've stayed with the Fourte and tried different cables.

13. mvvRAZ
    I also found the Noir to be really warm, but it’s extremely responsive to cable and source swaps. Found the sweet spot on mine with the SP1000M and silver or silver/gold cables

14. kdphan
    I find the u18t to be perfect with silver/gold hybrid cable. Tried full copper and it just didn't sound right.
    I will need to try both fourtes again and bring all my cables.

15. mvvRAZ
    I tried my A18t with a silver gold cable but I found it lost quite a bit of detail... I am waiting on mine to be reshelled but once it’s done I plan on using it with a pure silver, 8 wires :)

Definitely do that. I’d especially recommend the Cleopatra for the Noir

kdphan likes this.
First

Back
538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547
549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558
Next

Last