The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 6, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #8,221 of 23,532
I tried my A18t with a silver gold cable but I found it lost quite a bit of detail... I am waiting on mine to be reshelled but once it’s done I plan on using it with a pure silver, 8 wires :)

Definitely do that. I’d especially recommend the Cleopatra for the Noir
I switch off between silver/gold and silver/copper on both trio and u18t. Not too much difference for me. I just like neck bling :ok_hand:

Nov 6, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #8,223 of 23,532
+1 on 1950 with A18

To be fair, i haven't tried many other cables, but after hearing the 1950 i didn't need to hear anything else. At the moment, the A18 + 1950 is my high water mark for portable audio...don't need or want anything else.

That said, looking forward to spending some time with the Elysium soon...

Nov 6, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #8,224 of 23,532
My A18ts fit so well. They have my ear form data, I wonder if 64 would be willing to reshell IEMs from a different manufacturer. Since I own both Noirs and 18ts, I think I quality as a good customer now. :wink:

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #8,225 of 23,532
My A18ts fit so well. They have my ear form data, I wonder if 64 would be willing to reshell IEMs from a different manufacturer. Since I own both Noirs and 18ts, I think I quality as a good customer now. :wink:
Not a chance hahah

Nov 7, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #8,226 of 23,532
Just a shout out to @64Audio for the assistance over the past couple of weeks. Had placed an order for a custom IEM, but had issues with getting proper impressions (not readily available where I live, no 3D scanning here, and issues with very long ear canals) and they were very accommodating in terms of both switching to a universal order and with a slightly complex shipping arrangement in order to get it to me. They were also very responsive to email - often with multiple exchanges a day. A special word of thanks to Ricky!

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #8,227 of 23,532
Just a shout out to @64Audio for the assistance over the past couple of weeks. Had placed an order for a custom IEM, but had issues with getting proper impressions (not readily available where I live, no 3D scanning here, and issues with very long ear canals) and they were very accommodating in terms of both switching to a universal order and with a slightly complex shipping arrangement in order to get it to me. They were also very responsive to email - often with multiple exchanges a day. A special word of thanks to Ricky!
+1 they've been really helpful with my A18t reshell and Fourte Noir repair

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #8,228 of 23,532
I also found the Noir to be really warm, but it’s extremely responsive to cable and source swaps. Found the sweet spot on mine with the SP1000M and silver or silver/gold cables

It only sounded kinda warm with the original cable, it doesn't sound warm at all with any of my CCDD (current pairing), Dream Duet, Brise Asuha which I have tried pairing with the Noir.

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #8,229 of 23,532
It only sounded kinda warm with the original cable, it doesn't sound warm at all with any of my CCDD (current pairing), Dream Duet, Brise Asuha which I have tried pairing with the Noir.
Honestly I hated the Noir with the stock cable. Sounded congested, narrow and overly warm

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #8,230 of 23,532
Honestly I hated the Noir with the stock cable. Sounded congested, narrow and overly warm

Well it is marketed as an upgraded stock cable from the original, but out of my WM1 siblings it sounds more like an error than an upgrade. I'm not sure if other sources would yield different results. Once I swap to whatever cable I have in my arsenal (mostly the clear and not-so-coloured type)(even similarly composited SPC cables) the sound open up and the balance becomes right.

Nov 7, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #8,231 of 23,532
Well it is marketed as an upgraded stock cable from the original, but out of my WM1 siblings it sounds more like an error than an upgrade. I'm not sure if other sources would yield different results. Once I swap to whatever cable I have in my arsenal (mostly the clear and not-so-coloured type)(even similarly composited SPC cables) the sound open up and the balance becomes right.
Yup same experience, cable feels like a proper mistake - tried it with my AK SR15 and SP1000M

Nov 7, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #8,232 of 23,532
Dream Duet is the best pure silver cable I’ve tried thus far. I seem to recall the folks at Crystal Cable bringing home a Noir to pair with their Dream Duet :)

Nov 7, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #8,233 of 23,532
listening to the legend x (from the headfi tour) now.

the legend x are absolutely amazing iems, some of the best i've heard and probably my second favorite iems i've ever listened to overall...Empire Ears really nails vocal with their tuning on these.

I would say if you put DD bass or full sounding vocals (or both) at the top of your wishlist for sound sig, the LX should be at the very top of you IEM list.

all that said...there is just alot about the A18 that i am missing.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #8,234 of 23,532
Sorry guys, needs help here.

I recently realized that one of my M15 Apex Module is making a weird noise every time I move my head while using the earphone. Its like something is chipped inside the Module and the fragment is moving around. Is this a common problem? Is it possible to fix the module myself (by opening the grille and get the fragment out) or should I sent it to repair? Thank you in advance.

Ps. Sorry for my broken english.

Nov 10, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #8,235 of 23,532
Hey folks I would like some highlights and recommendations on how would tia trio sound.

I had tia forte before for quiet sometime and eventually sold it because the treble wasnt to my like and was way to siblant and lack in mids ( was to far back )...
I mostly listen to edm trans house ambient and all kind of stuff in that allay....

Now I own ier-z1r and wm1z. While its all amazing I still find treble to high again to my liking and mids feels much better vs tia forte to my liking...

So the big question,
How is tia trio vs forte and ier-z1r?

Is it to bright? ( i would prefer less treble then forte and z1r )

Is the mids not right? ( more mid forward is something I like more )

How is the bass? ( I absolutely loved forte bass I still crave for it , z1r bass is also good but its different )

Please need your feedbacks so I can make my decision Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back