1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies

First

Back
534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543
545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554
Next

Last
  1. kdphan
    64 universal IEMs are non-recessed

any cable should work

Deezel177 likes this.
  2. Bimbleton
    Alright folks unfortunately I don’t think things are as simple as get a better DAC. I think there might be something wrong with my iPhone’s lightning port. Cross post below:

Here’s something bizarre: the audio out of my old iPad mini (the first one with a lightning connector) sounds great. It sounds good out of the iPad’s headphone jack and with the Lightning dongle attached. All of this testing is done with one specific song, the same section of the song where specific instrumentation is missing on the iPhone but present on other sources.

So now I’m wondering if something is wrong with the Lightning port on my iPhone, since an iPad from 3-4 generations ago sounds better both through the headphone jack and the Lightning connector.

Thinking my next steps will be to test my wife’s iPhone (same model as mine) and to reset my iPhone and see if that works.

EDIT: THE AUDIO ON IPHONE WAS SET TO MONO.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2019
    davidcotton likes this.
  3. davidcotton
    At least it's a free upgrade to better sound :p

4. toaster22
    hah, that's funny.

5. mvvRAZ
    HOW DID YOU NOT REALISE YOU WERE LISTENING TO MONO :D :D :D :D D

Deezel177 likes this.
  6. Bimbleton
    I’m so embarrassed. Sorry everybody.

mwhals and davidcotton like this.
  7. Recursion
    Lol, don't be, we've all asked such silly questions in the past and some still do.:wink: (Including myself.) If you're still looking for a DAP, another candidate to consider is the FiiO M11, it's priced similar to a Chord Mojo. (M11 is slightly more expensive.) The SQ from it is comparable to Mojo as well, probably even a tiny bit better.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Bimbleton likes this.
  8. MarkF786
    I’ve been considering getting a 64 Audio universal IEM but wondering which would be the best for me. The U12T gets good reviews but the higher cost ones seem to attract some negative feedback.

I currently have a few other good IEMs (IER-Z1R, Solaris, Andromeda, Xelento, SE846, EX1000). Which 64 Audio would you recommend as something different?

9. toaster22
    @MarkF786

i have a "higher cost" model and to me it's clearly the best in 64a's lineup...that's completely worthless information for you.

what sound profile do you look for in an iem?

prfallon69 likes this.
  10. MarkF786
    I tend to like a more a reference tuning; for example, the IER-Z1R and Xelento tend to have too much bass for some tracks, and I find the Solaris and Andromeda to have a more even response.

11. mvvRAZ
    For reference tuning the general go to is either the 12 or the 18

I know you said you’d prefer the universals, but recently we were discussing customs vs universals on a different thread, and specifically regarding 64’s stuff, the difference is massive

A custom will yield much better detail retrieval, instrumental separation and soundstage depth. I used to own both the A and U18t, but ended up selling the universal as it just didn’t feel like it reached the performance of the custom

12. Deezel177
    Based on the Solaris and the Andromeda, I'd most recommend the 18t. Then again, I've only heard the U version, so your mileage may vary.

prfallon69 and jmpsmash like this.
  13. robthemac
    Second-hand U10 with an Adel G1 module is reference-ish and excellent value. Apex M20 gives better isolation but significant bass emphasis.

14. jmpsmash
    I just went from Andromeda to U18t. The U18t is like Andromeda extended. Improvement in detail, texture and sound stage. Andromeda can sometime sound a bit veil, the U18t fixes all of that. It maybe slightly less bassy than the Andromeda depending what you used to drive the Andromeda (as it changes tonal balance depending on source). Something to be aware of.

So far I don't have regrets going to U18t.

prfallon69 likes this.
  15. toaster22
    Wow...that was easy.

I don’t need to respond, but I’ll repeat:

U18t.

I’d strongly suggest the A18t as it essentially sounds like an enhanced version of the U18t, but you said you want to go universal.

For reference tuning, an even response, and not too much bass, either version of the 18t is about as good as it gets.

Last question, to be sure, do you prefer dynamic driver bass or balanced armature bass?

prfallon69 likes this.
First

Back
534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543
545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554
Next

Last