The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Dec 23, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #1,186 of 9,165
Uelover,

I never received your email. Please resend.

As a rule (even around the holidays), if you don't
get a response within 24 hours, please resend.

I chug away at emails at least 3 times a day...

Thank you,

Vinnie

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #1,187 of 9,165
Quote:
Hey think of it this way. I've taken my DX100/T1 combo with my 1Plus2s shopping at costco. Holding the rig as I push the cart! :wink:. I was unshaven that day. People probably thought I was some terrorist with hearing aids :wink:.

Hahahahahaha.......I know what you look like and I agree that is what people thought  
beerchug.gif

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #1,188 of 9,165
So much has been said about the impedance, and there's not need to
deadhorse.gif
. I'd like to hear some impressions of differences in the performance of sensitive iems through the AK100 and another player by the same person with the same song, bit rate, etc. I'd like to know how much this output impedance throws off the sound of some different sensitive iems. We have the statistics, but I'm just real curious how this actually sounds. I think it's fair to go down this road even though some will scream that it's 'subjectivist malarkey.' All I'm looking for is stuff like 'well the bass is bloated in the AK100 compared to my ipod classic.' Of course, these will be limited to the iems being used and can't be generalized for all iems. And it will inject some life into this thread, too. Merry Christmas to all from Vietnam, the land of fish sauce and mopeds!

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #1,189 of 9,165
deadhorse.gif
. I'd like to hear some impressions of differences in the performance of sensitive iems through the AK100 and another player by the same person with the same song, bit rate, etc. I'd like to know how much this output impedance throws off the sound of some different sensitive iems. We have the statistics, but I'm just real curious how this actually sounds. I think it's fair to go down this road even though some will scream that it's 'subjectivist malarkey.' All I'm looking for is stuff like 'well the bass is bloated in the AK100 compared to my ipod classic.' Of course, these will be limited to the iems being used and can't be generalized for all iems. And it will inject some life into this thread, too. Merry Christmas to all from Vietnam, the land of fish sauce and mopeds!

You'd have to search earlier on this thread cos I know at least Frenchbat, myself, & V0 have posted our initial thoughts after demo-ing (or in V0's case, owning) the AK100 - each with our own respective IEMs.

May don't have as much detail you're seeking but at least preliminary impressions have already been shared here. It's just a pity the theoretical discussion has buried the preliminary real impressions.

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #1,191 of 9,165
Quote:
Quote:
deadhorse.gif

You'd have to search earlier on this thread cos I know at least Frenchbat, myself, & V0 have posted our initial thoughts after demo-ing (or in V0's case, owning) the AK100 - each with our own respective IEMs.

May don't have as much detail you're seeking but at least preliminary impressions have already been shared here. It's just a pity the theoretical discussion has buried the preliminary real impressions.

People may not be aware, but if you click on the "Search thread" link at the top of the page, then click on the "Advanced" link in the box that pops up, you can search by user name.

Dec 25, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #1,192 of 9,165
Quote:

People may not be aware, but if you click on the "Search thread" link at the top of the page, then click on the "Advanced" link in the box that pops up, you can search by user name.

Ahhh, that's handy stuff - arigato gozaima****a (I think)

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #1,194 of 9,165
Arigato Godzilla?
Arigato Godiva?
-Arigato Gozaimashi-t-a- :) :). Merry X'mas folks.

Edit: lovely!! The forum has a word censor!!

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #1,197 of 9,165
Quote:
Merry Christmas. How does the 22Ω compare vs the 18Ω of the HM-801 or has that issue been resolved and I've missed it?

Never been resolved. Supposedly you were suppose to buy a game amp to make it work yet I'm also hearing the game amp also has high output impedance lol. Pretty much the 801 isn't made for IEMs but hard to drive headphones. So for portability with sensitive IEMs is really just fools gold. The DX100 is clearly superior to it in every way.

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #1,199 of 9,165
Why are they implementing two microSD slots into one device instead of one (or two) SDXC slot?

microSD is currently at 64GB each, SDXC at 256GB.

SD will always be more than twice the capacity of microSD.

I have about 600GB of APE files and it seems there is no audiophile DAP that can handle such an amount of data.

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #1,200 of 9,165
Quote:
Why are they implementing two microSD slots into one device instead of one (or two) SDXC slot?

microSD is currently at 64GB each, SDXC at 256GB.

SD will always be more than twice the capacity of microSD.

I have about 600GB of APE files and it seems there is no audiophile DAP that can handle such an amount of data.

I won't be surprised if full size SDXC is eventually discontinued. It's gonna happen at some point I feel. Kinda like Laser Disc and VHS vs DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back