The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Dec 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #1,202 of 9,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I won't be surprised if full size SDXC is eventually discontinued. It's gonna happen at some point I feel. Kinda like Laser Disc and VHS vs DVDs.

I doubt it. A lot of cameras will continue to use them, I would bet. Much as a lot of the big pro cameras still use CF cards. SD makes much more sense in a device with the space than micro. 

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #1,203 of 9,165
I think both SD and microSD will thrive continuously... MicroSD seems to find a market in Smartphones and devices like these, while the SD will thrive in cameras.

Also, I should note, The AK100 was only supposed to work with 32GB microSD cards, at least according to the site and everyone I spoke to before the thing was released. Its a good thing 64GB worked with it :)

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #1,204 of 9,165
Quote:
I think both SD and microSD will thrive continuously... MicroSD seems to find a market in Smartphones and devices like these, while the SD will thrive in cameras.

Also, I should note, The AK100 was only supposed to work with 32GB microSD cards, at least according to the site and everyone I spoke to before the thing was released. Its a good thing 64GB worked with it :)

You should probably state that it works well with 2x64GB + internal 32GB :wink:.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #1,207 of 9,165
HI All,

Below is my personal audition report on the AK-100 back last Saturday.

I've spent 2 hours in a computer mall in Wanchai Hong Kong and audition the AK-100 for a full 2 hours!  My intention was, if I am satisfied with the AK-100 performance, I'd buy it!

Long story short : I walked away without spending a dime.

My own equipment...

Sony PCM D-50
Sony MDR EX-1000
ADL Stride
Cable : Oyaide HPC-LL

The D-50 is at another league to the AK-100.  Without direct comparison, you may find the AK-100 a decent DAP. I've tried with and without the ADL and my friend tried out with his Focal Spirit One earphone as well.  We both found the same result...AK-100's performance won't convince us to spend that amount of money on it.

Having said that, I do not mean that D-50 is a good replacement of such a portable device as the D-50 would be a burden to most should you carry it around.

Hope this little report would help who is craving for a new DAP.

Cheers

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #1,214 of 9,165
We need reviews on the RWAK100.

Reviews on the AK100 with sensitive iems are getting boring.

People need to get them first :)

Also reviews don't count unless you've spent your time with the damn things, instead of straight up condemning them to hell, even if they are damned things.

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #1,215 of 9,165
Quote:
People need to get them first
smily_headphones1.gif

Also reviews don't count unless you've spent your time with the damn things, instead of straight up condemning them to hell, even if they are damned things.

Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back