The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Dec 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,232 of 9,165
Quote:

Meaning at your doorstep? =D

I think so or maybe it will be ready to ship by monday, hopefully at my place but if not an extra day or two is fine as well. 

BTW if anyone is in the NYC area with a DX100 maybe a group demo/comparasion can be arranged, cuz im still wondering how the DX100 is like as well how it fairs against a RWA100 or even a stock AK100 cuz I had mine sent directly to RWA for mods so I have no idea how its like stock. 

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #1,234 of 9,165
Quote:
i used my ak100 with Jh16 Twag v2 hybrid , very amazing sound
and ak100 can beat my hm801 too

Hmmmm..... 6 posts here on Head-fi, at time of above posting.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your input...

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #1,236 of 9,165
The crux of the matter for me is the performance of the RWA modded unit and whether the sound `blockage' has been successfully circumvented. If the modded RWAK100 sounds amazing, then it's functionality and format compatibility could potentially result in a killer DAP. 

Cheers,

Andy.

Dec 28, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #1,237 of 9,165
Quote:
The crux of the matter for me is the performance of the RWA modded unit and whether the sound `blockage' has been successfully circumvented. If the modded RWAK100 sounds amazing, then it's functionality and format compatibility could potentially result in a killer DAP. 

Cheers,

Andy.

The crux for me is whether or not the RWAK100 sounds better than the iBasso DX100.  And for me to seriously consider the RWAK100, it would have to better the iBasso unit by a fair amount...

Dec 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #1,242 of 9,165
Quote:

The crux for me is whether or not the RWAK100 sounds better than the iBasso DX100.  And for me to seriously consider the RWAK100, it would have to better the iBasso unit by a fair amount...

I still have my doubts it will sound better than the DX100. The modded unit may come close to it though. But that has yet to be seen. I'm looking foward to AnakChan posting his impressions between them :).

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,243 of 9,165
Quote:
I still have my doubts it will sound better than the DX100. The modded unit may come close to it though. But that has yet to be seen. I'm looking foward to AnakChan posting his impressions between them :).

I've never heard either, so I'm afraid I'll have to rely on the opinions of people who's taste I trust, at least at first anyway.

But I'm leaning toward the iBasso to begin with, being a big Android fan.

But I tend to agree with the opinion of many others here, that if the AK100 needs to be modded to simply be acceptable, that makes it a (far) inferior product.

But in the end, it's stellar sound that I'm after, so if, IF, the RWAK100 does best the DX100 I'll have to seriously consider my options.

And I guess we'll all have to wait and see just what HiFiMan ends up releasing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back