The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jan 2, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #6,796 of 6,859
Have you checked “hidden folders“ in the menu bar?
Shows me this, nothing that seems at all useful...

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 9.49.01 am.png

And none of the music files/folders that I could see with Android File Transfer with the card in my SR25.

My suspicion is that the R3 II is wiping the card for some reason, no idea why it would do that.

Jan 2, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #6,797 of 6,859
Weird?, i remove my sd card from the Hiby R3 ii and plug it into my Mac, copy the ALAC files from my hd and replace in the Hiby, it just works for me without issues.

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:40 PM Post #6,798 of 6,859
Weird?, i remove my sd card from the Hiby R3 ii and plug it into my Mac, copy the ALAC files from my hd and replace in the Hiby, it just works for me without issues.
Yeah I’m thinking that will be the simplest way to do this.

It just means fiddling around with removing the card from the device every time I want to copy new stuff over to it. In practical use I might not actually do that as often, as AirPlay streaming is always an option that so far works reasonably well.

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #6,799 of 6,859
Sometimes the artwork doesn't display properly on the R3 II, no idea why it would be inconsistent, but I could live with that as I'm controlling playback from the phone anyway.

The R3 can only display baseline JPEGs. If you see artwork that isn't displaying, there's a good chance it's progressive. This is a limitation of the SoC the player uses.

Jan 3, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #6,800 of 6,859
The R3 can only display baseline JPEGs. If you see artwork that isn't displaying, there's a good chance it's progressive. This is a limitation of the SoC the player uses.
Thanks. I was referring to AirPlay info & artwork specifically, sometimes it’s there, sometimes it’s not, sometimes it lags.

Jan 4, 2024 at 6:25 AM Post #6,803 of 6,859
@HiByMusic , @Joe Bloggs where can I find a simulator/theme editor for the R3 II ?
I found the one only for previous R3/R3Pro

Hi losber,

We have discontinued the simulators since then. You can keep on using the tools you found to unpack and repack the firmware with new theme data, but there will be no simulator anymore. Sorry about that.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 4, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #6,804 of 6,859
Got my hiby 3 gen II today. I like most of it but volume scroll knob is total trash.. has huge play, doesnt turn smoothly when using one finger and even squeaks a bit like it needs a tad of silicone oil or smth. Feels like this button wont live long. Will see.

Jan 5, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #6,807 of 6,859
does anyone know, can i connect wirelessly R3 with android smartphone and stream internet radio from phone to R3 ?

The R3 supports bluetooth, Airplay and UPnP as wireless input sources. Depending on your specific phone and app, you should be able to do this... UPnP would be the highest quality, but that may not matter for internet radio...

Jan 17, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #6,808 of 6,859
Hello fellow HibyR3II users!
I see this question was already asked, but no question received, so let me ask it again - is there a detailed manual on R3II functions? For example, what does "USB DAC feedback" mean? I guess "Limit USB current" is referring to "lower the charging speed when in DAC mode".

Does anyone has a link to manual or at least know what does USB DAC feedback mean?

Jan 17, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #6,809 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs, HiBy,

Can you fix R3 II's Bluetooth problem? It does not play back "higher" resolution files at all when playing over Bluetooth. The "higher" resolution files are files higher than 44.1khz 16bit. This renders it useless for my use case. This is also the first time I see a device cannot playback audio files over Bluetooth. I would recommend people not to buy R3 Gen II at the moment if you ever want to use Bluetooth headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #6,810 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs, HiBy,

Can you fix R3 II's Bluetooth problem? It does not play back "higher" resolution files at all when playing over Bluetooth. The "higher" resolution files are files higher than 44.1khz 16bit. This renders it useless for my use case. This is also the first time I see a device cannot playback audio files over Bluetooth. I would recommend people not to buy R3 Gen II at the moment if you ever want to use Bluetooth headphones.
I would recommend the same, as R3 II is much better suited to wired IEMs. If all you are going to use is BT earbuds, then your phone is probably all you need anyways.

I've had a demo R3 II for the last few weeks, and I have to say I was pretty impressed with it's ability as an AirPlay receiver from my iPhone. This worked great when hot spotted to the phone, I could stream AM, Tidal or whatever and it sounded great with all my IEMs. Even more power-hungry ones like Annihilator23 still sounded well enough considering the size/form-factor/price.

I'll share my full impressions in a few days, but this babyDAP is a real champ and I'm near certain I'll get one as a foil to complement the R8 II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back