The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Dec 14, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #6,767 of 6,859
Is there any reason to get a bluetooth DAC (BTR5, Q5K, BTR7) over Hiby R3 II? Besides the size?

I'm looking for a Bluetooth-DAC with its own battery, but then this thing came along.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in addition to being a DAP:
  1. Hiby R3 II functions as a Bluetooth DAC connecting to computer/phone just like BTR5/BTR7/Q5K.
  2. There's probably also a wired DAC mode for phone/computer? (not a dealbreaker)
So you get all of that + a DAP for independent playback. I'd rather have all those features in one device, even if it comes at a slightly increased size & cost. If someone can confirm this let me know, and I'll probably be getting this little DAP :) Or if there are any downsides to this device vs. Bluetooth DACs that I'm missing.
i'm returning my btr7 when my hiby r3 ii comes in
I find it hard to believe there's nothing better than the r3 ii right now. I feel like everything else is a year old

I feel like I want an Android DAP with a big enough screen to type for searching music

What do mac users use to manage their music libraries on HiBy's or SD cards?

Edit: cancelled my R3 ii order. Ordered M300

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 2:13 AM Post #6,770 of 6,859
I think I'm going to be very happy with the Hiby M300
I think you will too. IIRC the M300 does not have balanced out, check if that matters to you

I also don't know if you know this, but, with the R3 II and HibyLink you can control the player from your phone without touching the player at all. You can browse music, play, etc.

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #6,771 of 6,859
I think you will too. IIRC the M300 does not have balanced out, check if that matters to you

I also don't know if you know this, but, with the R3 II and HibyLink you can control the player from your phone without touching the player at all. You can browse music, play, etc.
Thank you. I only have an iPhone. I'm not sure if HibyLink is on iOS.

I thought having a 4.4 out would matter to me, but I read that for IEMs I won't really need them or notice anything. I'm returning my 4.4 cables and BTR7. I read an M300 review that really resonated with me, in short, to focus on enjoying the music than worrying about audio perfection. I just want a device that can store all my hi res music and get it off my laptop and iPhone and I think the Hiby M300 with MicroSD is perfect. I would love not having to transcode FLAC to ALAC too for iPhone

https://inteltechniques.com/blog/20...tu-xCqg174B7xUYnGJQq212rlpBaDvClTjktWAAy-0Tw8

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #6,772 of 6,859
Thank you. I only have an iPhone. I'm not sure if HibyLink is on iOS.

I thought having a 4.4 out would matter to me, but I read that for IEMs I won't really need them or notice anything. I'm returning my 4.4 cables and BTR7. I read an M300 review that really resonated with me, in short, to focus on enjoying the music than worrying about audio perfection. I just want a device that can store all my hi res music and get it off my laptop and iPhone and I think the Hiby M300 with MicroSD is perfect. I would love not having to transcode FLAC to ALAC too for iPhone

https://inteltechniques.com/blog/20...tu-xCqg174B7xUYnGJQq212rlpBaDvClTjktWAAy-0Tw8
Yeah I don't know if it works with an iPhone.

As an exclusive IEM user myself, I agree about having balanced, my devices usually have it (and I have too many of them) but I normally just use 3.5mm and find it sufficient.

Dec 15, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #6,773 of 6,859
I only have an iPhone. I'm not sure if HibyLink is on iOS.
I also have an iPhone and can confirm that HibyLink works with both the R3-II and M300, either through Bluetooth or WiFi (need to be on the same network or connected to iPhone hotspot).
On the M300 (Android), HibyLink can be configured as server or controller. The R3-II cannot be used as controller, only server mode, when HibyLink is turned on.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #6,774 of 6,859
My hiby R3-II has arrived. After turning it on, my first instinct was to smash it against the wall.
The sound was so lousy that I was simply stunned. But I continued listening and was rewarded.
The sound began to appear after 10-15 hours of listening.
Friends, tell us about your experience of listening to the player for the first time.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #6,776 of 6,859
My hiby R3-II has arrived. After turning it on, my first instinct was to smash it against the wall.
The sound was so lousy that I was simply stunned.
What did you use before? For me all my devices sound very similar, for most of them I simply cannot tell the difference between them and I have a whole bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back