The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Feb 29, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #6,841 of 6,859
My R3 II died out of a sudden yesterday. It does not power up and when connected to charger a white LED is flashing (interestingly depending on the power brick it blinks faster or slower) , but it is not getting charged at all even left for whole night.
@HiByMusic is there any button combination that is doing some hard reset? What would you suggest?
Try using the lowest power USB Port on your PC, or the Lowest power charger that you have. Connect and see if it starts charging after 15 min to an hour. Once you see visible charging, you can move to a faster charger. Sometimes protection circuits prevent a charge from starting when battery has been comppletely depleted. This "method" can help make iit start.

If this does not work, you might try doing a factory reset by pressing POWER and "NEXT SONG/TRACK" Buttons at the same time for 15 to 30 seconds.

Feb 29, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #6,842 of 6,859
Try using the lowest power USB Port on your PC, or the Lowest power charger that you have. Connect and see if it starts charging after 15 min to an hour. Once you see visible charging, you can move to a faster charger. Sometimes protection circuits prevent a charge from starting when battery has been comppletely depleted. This "method" can help make iit start.

If this does not work, you might try doing a factory reset by pressing POWER and "NEXT SONG/TRACK" Buttons at the same time for 15 to 30 seconds.
Wow, thanks man, the first part did indeed resurrect the player <3

Mar 12, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #6,843 of 6,859
anybody know how to get mono audio or at least pan both channels to one ear? using the balance option in the r3 ii sound settings only makes one ear louder, it doesn’t change what audio is playing. i only use one earphone at work, and id like to be able to have mono audio so im not missing out on any right-channel-action. please help :frowning2:

Mar 28, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #6,845 of 6,859
FYI: The Newest HIBY DAP, the R4 is being released in Shanghai, China on the 30th. Have only see the pictures, and no other info yet.

Attachments

• Hiby R4.jpg
    Hiby R4.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 30, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #6,846 of 6,859
These are some Specs for the R4 that just released in China Today. FYI only... Know it should be in it's own thread... https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-hiby-r4.972253/

Main Specifications of HiBy “R4”

ES9018C2M × 4 DAC Matrix (Quad DAC)
Dual Low Pass Filter
Independent Audio Clock Circuit Design
Class A Amplifier (Another version with A/B Only, and better battery life, 15hr @3.5 may come out in a few months?)
4.7 Inch
SD 665
3GB RAM + 32GB Storage
Android12 HIBY OS + DTA (Global SRC Bypass )
4.7-inch LCD screen
4,500 mAh battery Battery
life 12 hours (3.5)
3.5mm+4.4mm PO
Bluetooth RX / TX
Wifi
Customizable HOLD button
Cyberpunk design
MQA x16
DSD 256
PCM 768/32bit
1698 Yuan / €217

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #6,847 of 6,859
Thanks to @Joe Bloggs and @Damz87 for the Australian tour. I had the opportunity to demo this for a couple of weeks in return for some impressions. All thoughts are my own.

The R3II is a little DAP, the OS is extremely easy to navigate, and due to the form factor very easy to use with a single thumb. It can operate as a USB DAC (which I briefly tested and worked fine, although other than offering 4.4mm didn't sound overly different to my MacBook Pro's output which find to be quite decent), however my main test was as a mini DAP. I used some files, and mainly used AirPlay with Tidal on my phone. There is a Tidal app however I was finding it a little cumbersome to get working and gave up due to AirPlay being sufficient and easy.

I don't really have anything like this, I do have some larger DAPS/Amps, and some smaller dongles and adapters, but nothing really in the space so wouldn't be fair to compare up or down, so I won't!

From a music point of view I listen to anything and everything, so that's what I tested on here, and I primarily used this with the YanYin Canon II being my flavour of the week and something decently mid-fi which someone may pair up with this as an on the go option. I also used my

Sound wise I thought it was a little warm leaning, not overly so but noticeable when switching to it from a neutral source. My preference is warm so no complaints :) There was also a little bit of noise in the background, not a whole lot, but again when switching to it from something that doesn't have noise I noticed it then subsequently forgot about it as quickly. Overall it was a perfectly fine listen, better than what I get from a dongle / adapter and not quite what I get from a full size DAP, so pretty much delivering on its price point. It was a lot more convenient than a dongle using AirPlay, and given its form factor easily slipped into my pocket, so I really enjoyed using it.

I didn't really think I needed anything between a dongle and my DAPs, but maybe I do. This is a great piece of kit and one I'd easily recommend to anyone looking for something around this size and price point. Paired with a decently priced midfi set you can get a fantastic portable setup, I wasn't left wanting much when using this with the YanYin Canon II.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #6,848 of 6,859
Hi I do a Question regarding Tidal: I can't open several Albums in the Favourites Section. I think has to do something with Track Limitations (too much Tracks in one Album) The other Thing is the Playlists under Favourites are randomly sorted and there are many missing. Does anybody also made this Experiences with the Built in Tidal App? I've noticed with the Hiby App for Smartphones the Playlists have the same Order but there is nothing missing and I can open all Albums. There seems to be a bad Integration of Tidal in the Hiby OS in the R3 II?

Apr 11, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #6,849 of 6,859
Hi I do a Question regarding Tidal: I can't open several Albums in the Favourites Section. I think has to do something with Track Limitations (too much Tracks in one Album) The other Thing is the Playlists under Favourites are randomly sorted and there are many missing. Does anybody also made this Experiences with the Built in Tidal App? I've noticed with the Hiby App for Smartphones the Playlists have the same Order but there is nothing missing and I can open all Albums. There seems to be a bad Integration of Tidal in the Hiby OS in the R3 II?
Tidal was designed for the Android based devices. As the Hiby is not Android it is LINUX based; So a custom interface is needed; and that interface does not allow all TIDAL Functions. Believe this is a Tidal Limitation for non-android devices. (This is all that tidal licensed to Hiby for LINUX devices.) Like, you can't save and download music to play offline, etc...

Apr 12, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #6,850 of 6,859
Tidal was designed for the Android based devices. As the Hiby is not Android it is LINUX based; So a custom interface is needed; and that interface does not allow all TIDAL Functions. Believe this is a Tidal Limitation for non-android devices. (This is all that tidal licensed to Hiby for LINUX devices.) Like, you can't save and download music to play offline, etc...
Certainly a TIDAL client had to be written from the ground up here for these non-Android devices. And the TIDAL API for third parties does not allow all functions that exist on the TIDAL android app. Offline play being one major exclusion.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 14, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #6,851 of 6,859
Previous owner of Hiby R3 Saber here, I loved that lil player. Recently recommended the R3II to one of my friend and he’s been running into an issue where it keeps scanning all songs and then starting over when it’s done. It worked in the beginning when he copied just few tracks on a smaller sd card but when he tried a bigger card with 40,000 songs the problem occurs with scanning.
I’d appreciate any help in sorting this issue. Thanks guys!

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #6,852 of 6,859
Previous owner of Hiby R3 Saber here, I loved that lil player. Recently recommended the R3II to one of my friend and he’s been running into an issue where it keeps scanning all songs and then starting over when it’s done. It worked in the beginning when he copied just few tracks on a smaller sd card but when he tried a bigger card with 40,000 songs the problem occurs with scanning.
I’d appreciate any help in sorting this issue. Thanks guys!
Hi Vruksha,

Do you mean to say that it starts scanning automatically at undesired times? There should be an option in the menu to change library scans from automatic to manual.

Other than that, are scans being completed successfully, or do they "hang"?

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 14, 2024 at 11:36 PM Post #6,853 of 6,859
Hi Vruksha,

Do you mean to say that it starts scanning automatically at undesired times? There should be an option in the menu to change library scans from automatic to manual.

Other than that, are scans being completed successfully, or do they "hang"?

Best regards,
Joe
No, he was trying to scan the sd card but it keeps going on a loop, it scans the entire sd card, goes back to scanning again. Card does have about 40,000 tracks. Would that be an issue somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back