The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jan 3, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #6,136 of 6,859
i don't think there is a format option on the hiby r3 original unless iam missing it but i went through the options like hell lots of times :D can't be formatted on any other device.

Earlier, you mentioned that it was "write protected.." I know that with standard size SD cards, there's a lever on the side that can be moved up or down. This is a toggle that means that if in one direction, you can't add or remove files (but only copy files from the card). This prevents accidental erasing. If moved to the other direction, this will allow deleting or adding files (and also copying).

I have no experience with a 512 card. I've heard that a lot of these higher gb cards are not legitimate (you may want to check yours). Like Koaly, I also use a 400 gb card and have had no problems.

Also, I'd recommend a firmware alteration that is shared by forum member snoopy112. Instead of Hiby's 20,000 song limitation, with Snoopy112's firmware, you can have over 60,000 songs, Also, I like the layout design much better.

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #6,138 of 6,859
Does any of you own an R5, R6 or R6 Pro?
I love my R3 but I miss Tidal offline.
If so, could you please confirm Tidal offline can be stored on SD card.
I will appreciate any link to specific threads to forums of such devices. Thanks

Jan 3, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #6,139 of 6,859
Earlier, you mentioned that it was "write protected.." I know that with standard size SD cards, there's a lever on the side that can be moved up or down. This is a toggle that means that if in one direction, you can't add or remove files (but only copy files from the card). This prevents accidental erasing. If moved to the other direction, this will allow deleting or adding files (and also copying).

I have no experience with a 512 card. I've heard that a lot of these higher gb cards are not legitimate (you may want to check yours). Like Koaly, I also use a 400 gb card and have had no problems.

Also, I'd recommend a firmware alteration that is shared by forum member snoopy112. Instead of Hiby's 20,000 song limitation, with Snoopy112's firmware, you can have over 60,000 songs, Also, I like the layout design much better.

Nah, iam using it with usb reader no lock on it, and works fine with other cards ..

Also it is legitimate, i contacted lexar and got a rma to return it for refund ..

Oh, i never knew about the modded firmware, i wasnt really happy about the 20000 file limit, so thanks for pointing it out, i tried it and its nice still no difference with the sdcard thing

Also, if you need to format your card, here's a site that may help. I haven't tried it, but it looks legit.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/index.html

Nah failed to format using this tool already.

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #6,140 of 6,859
Does any of you own an R5, R6 or R6 Pro?
I love my R3 but I miss Tidal offline.
If so, could you please confirm Tidal offline can be stored on SD card.
I will appreciate any link to specific threads to forums of such devices. Thanks

Yes it will work OK. If a device runs the Tidal app then it can do offline playback of music stored on the internal and external storage.

Jan 3, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #6,141 of 6,859
@kingdixon

The last suggestion I can offer will probably not be of much help. Initially, I had problems with my computer being able to recognize and read my drive. This was because I was using an old laptop that was Windows Vista. When I switched laptops and plugged my hiby r3 via usb to a windows 7 operating system, I could add and remove files with no problem.

The only other problem that I've encountered is when I've attempted to copy folders from by Hiby R3 to my laptop. The transfer can be going just fine ... and then, suddenly I'll get an error. The songs will play fine on the Hiby R3.. but for some reason, I'm unable to copy them to another source. I'm thinking that this is due to a corrupted sd card.

Wish I could offer more suggestions.

Jan 7, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #6,144 of 6,859
So I've got the DX150 and I do really like it, but I'm considering a few other DAPs that are more compact and more easy to take out on the town. I am tossing up between the R3Pro, R5 and the XDP 30r. How big a difference in the sound quality is the R3Pro to the R5? How would the XDP 30r stack up against these.

Jan 7, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #6,145 of 6,859
So I've got the DX150 and I do really like it, but I'm considering a few other DAPs that are more compact and more easy to take out on the town. I am tossing up between the R3Pro, R5 and the XDP 30r. How big a difference in the sound quality is the R3Pro to the R5? How would the XDP 30r stack up against these.

Just posted my R3 Pro review and covered R5 and other DAP comparisons, as well as various IEM/headphone pair ups.

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #6,147 of 6,859
I connected hiby r3 pro to my laptop (windows 7) _using the provided cable_ but it won't recognize the r3 as a dac although it does recognize it as a usb storage device (I did install the usb dac driver from hiby's website and changed the usb settings to Audio on the r3)...what am I doing wrong? keep in mind its my first dap and I have no idea what am doing:)

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #6,148 of 6,859
I connected hiby r3 pro to my laptop (windows 7) _using the provided cable_ but it won't recognize the r3 as a dac although it does recognize it as a usb storage device (I did install the usb dac driver from hiby's website and changed the usb settings to Audio on the r3)...what am I doing wrong? keep in mind its my first dap and I have no idea what am doing:)

Go through settings and select usb as a dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back