The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Dec 23, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #6,122 of 6,859
I think you are right, the problem with it is because after the music is downloaded the artists don't get their .00000001 cent each time you play their music, so its not really playing fair.
Agreed

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #6,123 of 6,859
I haven't heard of either.
I shall investigate, thanks.

EDIT:

OK, I had a quick look, and it looks like you need an Android device to run termux and tidal-dl, so I can't see how it would help the R3?

Android cell phones can already do both Spotify and Tidal offline, so I'm struggling to see the utility of these apps in this context.
Am I missing something?

Dec 24, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #6,126 of 6,859
There's a delay in the dispatch of the HiBy R3 Pro pre-orders. Apparently they need a production of a new batch. They promised further information before 24th December but no news yet.

Dec 24, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #6,127 of 6,859
I do understand Hiby wants to get credited and sell out the new model asap, but I do not understand such behave towards the loyal consumers.
If there is any manufacturing issue they first could give us ontime updates. Long waiting shall be compensated at least by a discounted price like from IGG or Kickstarter campains. Now Hiby keeps us waiting for nothing.
I'm getting disappoited with its customer relations.

Dec 25, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #6,128 of 6,859
yep absolutely disgraceful behaviour you are taking pre orders and not giving any information ...Hiby get your finger out i am assuming this wont be dispatched till after the new year

Dec 25, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #6,129 of 6,859
yep absolutely disgraceful behaviour you are taking pre orders and not giving any information ...Hiby get your finger out i am assuming this wont be dispatched till after the new year

Chock it up to growing pains for a relatively new company in this space. Personally I would love to see Hiby merge with Shanling with Shanling handling the hardware and Hiby the software. Shanling needs work on their software and Hiby has a ways to go on the hardware side it would seem.

Dec 25, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #6,130 of 6,859
Relieved that i got a sony nw a55 rather than hiby now ..would buy it after a year or so when they have patched all bugs

Jan 1, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #6,132 of 6,859
On Tidal -> My Collection, albums, artists and tracks are sorted in "Date Added" order, making very difficult to find an item when you have 20+ of them.
Is it possible sort them in alphabetical order? This is allowed in the official Tidal application.

Jan 2, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #6,133 of 6,859
hi all,

i just received my hiby r3 the original a week ago, i am already loving it but i had some issue with it.

i had a lexar card 512gb that i bought on July and has been using it since on my wm1a with no problems, then i moved it to the hiby r3 and after using it for 4 days suddenly the card was corrupted, when i try to plug it to pc it is always write protected can't be formatted. can't write or delete to or from it, i have went to all extreme measures to fix it on multiple OS but apparently it is dead or more exactly gridlocked.

now i don't know where is the problem, did the lexar card die on me after only 5 month of usage, or is there something wrong going around with the hiby r3 ?

also what is worrying me that it is only accessible on the hiby, the hiby can read it and update database and play music from it but also cant delete from the hiby os, but whenever plugging it to my wm1a or my note 8 it shows as corrupted and needs to be formatted but formatting fails.

the card filesystem is exfat ..

i contacted lexar for warranty they still haven't got back to me .. but i am not sure should i put another 512gb on the hiby r3 LOL ?? or may be test it for a month with some cheaper card.

if anyone had a similar problem, tell me about it.

Edited : iam on latest hiby firmware 3.4

Jan 2, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #6,134 of 6,859
if anyone had a similar problem, tell me about it.
Did you try to format it directly in the player? My original R3 is already gone to a new owner, therefore I cannot prove it myself. Manual says nothing about it. I used 400Gb Sandisk with exfat no problem.

I would suggest to format SD card anytime you insert it into a new device. My daughter had problems with SD card after transfering it from FiiO device without formatting.

Jan 2, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #6,135 of 6,859
Did you try to format it directly in the player? My original R3 is already gone to a new owner, therefore I cannot prove it myself. Manual says nothing about it. I used 400Gb Sandisk with exfat no problem.

I would suggest to format SD card anytime you insert it into a new device. My daughter had problems with SD card after transfering it from FiiO device without formatting.

i don't think there is a format option on the hiby r3 original unless iam missing it but i went through the options like hell lots of times :D

can't be formatted on any other device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back