The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jan 9, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #6,151 of 6,859
the provided sittings in "usb mode>storage,audio,dock" and it shows dac logo on the r3' screen. but when playing music sound still comes out of laptop speakers
Windows 7 doesn't switch output device automatically to the newly connected audio device like later Windows do. Open sound settings and change the default device to HiBy R3 or whatever it appears as.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 9, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #6,152 of 6,859
the provided sittings in "usb mode>storage,audio,dock" and it shows dac logo on the r3' screen. but when playing music sound still comes out of laptop speakers

Sorry, replied in a rush by memory, and with so many DAPs I reviewed, I forget the exact menu choices. Sounds like you had "audio" selected since DAC logo came up. In Win 10 as soon as you connect, the output device switches to R3/R3Pro. But as Joe suggested above, perhaps your older Windows version requires you to select it manually?

Jan 9, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #6,153 of 6,859
The Bluetooth receiving delay jumped to what seems like a whole second after the1.2 update for me. And Hiby just told me the R3 Pro does not receive Aptx and it's deviations like Aptx Low Latency because of "authorization issue". I wonder if there is even a slight chance they may add them later. If they ship enough units to pay for the license may be:fingers_crossed:

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #6,154 of 6,859
Windows 7 doesn't switch output device automatically to the newly connected audio device like later Windows do. Open sound settings and change the default device to HiBy R3 or whatever it appears as.

Sorry, replied in a rush by memory, and with so many DAPs I reviewed, I forget the exact menu choices. Sounds like you had "audio" selected since DAC logo came up. In Win 10 as soon as you connect, the output device switches to R3/R3Pro. But as Joe suggested above, perhaps your older Windows version requires you to select it manually?
Thank you guys, that was it

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #6,155 of 6,859
Hello Hiby, is the capability of turning off charging during dac mode to be able to support idevices coming to the R3 like the R3 pro? Thank you.

Jan 13, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #6,156 of 6,859
Hello Hiby, is the capability of turning off charging during dac mode to be able to support idevices coming to the R3 like the R3 pro? Thank you.
Yes, iDevices should be able to run these now

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 13, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #6,157 of 6,859
Yes, iDevices should be able to run these now

Thanks for the reply. I don't see the toggle to turn off charging in usb dac mode so maybe its coming?

Jan 17, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #6,161 of 6,859
Custom 3.4 Firmware

3.4 International ver. (from Kickstarter etc., aka "bar version");
3.4 Chinese ver. (from JD etc., aka "slash version". Rename the file to r3.upt before updating)

Note: to find out which version of player you have, on original FW you should open "About" page and see what sign (bar or slash) stays between free and whole memory in "Capacity" line.

1. corrected translation (Russian and English),
2. replaced the font with a new one by XVortex,
3. customized both themes (some pictures, icons, their locations, etc. were replaced), increased font size in some layouts, main screen of the second theme is based on Hexagon theme by Steven Van Geert,
4. repaired choosing color sliders in the second theme,
5. added ADB (Android Debug Bridge) to dock mode,
6. replaced the index page when connect R3 to PC via Wi-Fi (now always in English), changed sort order (folders go first, then files, in order of names: at the beginning the numbers, then Latin, then Russian) and new file formats were added: upt, txt, log, and t,
7. added an internet radio icon to the top bar and replaced the built-in chinese radio stations (40 stations now, if stations list hasn't changed after FW upgrade, you should restore player to factory settings from system menu),
others you can personally add to radio.txt file and then save it in the root of your SD card,
8. striped all binary files,
9. optimized all png files,
10. removed unnecessary files and folders that are not used,
11. extended database limit to 65000 tracks,
12. added automatically connecting function to known Wi-Fi networks,
13. added automatically start playback function after player is turning on (you should save key_settings.conf file in the root of SD card with "autoplay=1" line),
14. added reverse Next and Previous buttons function (you should also have key_settings.conf file in the root of SD card with "reverse=1" line).

Last update: 07.12.2019

Original 3.4 Firmware, if you have problem with OTA or custom FW.
Several custom themes for R3 and R3 Pro with examples (*.t files should be saved in /theme folder in the root of SD card).

Dear Snoopy112!

Today arrived my R3Pro,and have file limit.
Can you modify file limit to 65K?

Thank you!

Jan 18, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #6,162 of 6,859
Dear Snoopy112!

Today arrived my R3Pro,and have file limit.
Can you modify file limit to 65K?

Thank you!

Hey, MRobi

alas, I don’t have r3pro, and I don’t plan to buy this player and waste time to figure out which part of the code response for database limit (I hope you don’t want to turn the player into a brick while testing). May be Joe Bloggs will help you with transfer your problem to Hiby headquarters.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #6,163 of 6,859
Hey, MRobi

alas, I don’t have r3pro, and I don’t plan to buy this player and waste time to figure out which part of the code response for database limit (I hope you don’t want to turn the player into a brick while testing). May be Joe Bloggs will help you with transfer your problem to Hiby headquarters.
Thanks for the answer.

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #6,164 of 6,859
@Snoopy112 - Say... is it possible to get a "just black" theme as a default? Hiby thought of many custom stuff but not the one thing. A black menu / black top interface. At least I haven't managed to find any options doing just that. And the themes might be nice for some, but they don't suit my taste very much

Jan 22, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #6,165 of 6,859
@Snoopy112 - Say... is it possible to get a "just black" theme as a default? Hiby thought of many custom stuff but not the one thing. A black menu / black top interface. At least I haven't managed to find any options doing just that. And the themes might be nice for some, but they don't suit my taste very much

Sure, you can create your own custom theme in every color you want with this tool if the second theme with 0 saturation not too dark for you. You should just edit every png image that you want in theme directory to black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back