The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jan 22, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #6,166 of 6,859
Sure, you can create your own custom theme in every color you want with this tool if the second theme with 0 saturation not too dark for you. You should just edit every png image that you want in theme directory to black.
I tried, but I fail in coloring the actual media bg - like where the list view from the songs are (and pretty much every other list view area) - it's always that eggplant-puprle. I already changed all of the "xyz_bg.png" files, but for some reason I don't find the one responsible for exactly that bg... :/

*Edit

Apperently the simulator doesn't care about menu_bg.png? I colored it magenta but it won't shop up anyway

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #6,167 of 6,859
I tried, but I fail in coloring the actual media bg - like where the list view from the songs are (and pretty much every other list view area) - it's always that eggplant-puprle. I already changed all of the "xyz_bg.png" files, but for some reason I don't find the one responsible for exactly that bg... :/

*Edit

Apperently the simulator doesn't care about menu_bg.png? I colored it magenta but it won't shop up anyway

This color defines in the end of each listview file (in listview folder for each theme). In my custom FW I changed it to deep gray, almost black for second theme if I understood you correctly.

Jan 22, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #6,168 of 6,859
This color defines in the end of each listview file (in listview folder for each theme). In my custom FW I changed it to deep gray, almost black for second theme if I understood you correctly.
I mean this color here:

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 20.21.58.png

So the color is hidden in vg_listview_all.listview ?

There is also another problem... I try to make a theme (.t file) but it always just drops out a 1kb file in the corresponding folder. I'm not sure what I do wrong there - I did everything the guide said, but it just won't create a file with the actual files inside

*edit

Oh finally. Got the list view color thanks to you working now. But it still won't create the actual theme file. :/

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #6,169 of 6,859
So the color is hidden in vg_listview_all.listview ?

Yes, there are such lines in the end that defines color in hex:
"color":"0x121212",
"focus_color":"0x16ffffff",

Maybe I have an old version of this tool, I can try to find out what the problem only tomorrow...

Jan 22, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #6,170 of 6,859
Yes, there are such lines in the end that defines color in hex:
"color":"0x121212",
"focus_color":"0x16ffffff",

Maybe I have an old version of this tool, I can try to find out what the problem only tomorrow...

Yeah the latest version is 3.0.2 but I don't see any differences. Still don't get why it's not creating the file though. I wonder if something is missing in windows which isn't listed in the guide (I'm not a nativ windows user - I don't have a windows machine at hand so I use my VM instead)
Everything else is working fine however. And the simulator is showing the correct colors

As described in the guide:

1. Modify the theme file according to individual needs.
· So they mean the files in "theme2" after the generated folders of the "Resource Directory.bat", right?

2. Generate theme package:
(1). Double-click to run "生成主题包.bat".
(2). Enter the subject package name (Note: there can be no spaces between the names).
(3). Then click Enter.
(4). Successfully generated theme package (suffix: .t).

· This is where it ends in my case. The bat file they're talking about is the compression bat in the folder, ok. But where do the files have to be? Do I first have to use the decompression bat to decompress the 3.0.t theme file which came with the tool set? If so, what then? It decompresses and I got three subfolders - font, layout and theme. Even when I edit all three and exchange the files with the files I created earlier, they show up, I open the compression bat, enter a name (for example "black"), hit enter and then... nothing happens. It says it did stuff, but it didn't. All I get is a 1kb "black.t" file, and all the subfolders I copied earlier are gone.

5. Precautions:
(1). The directory structure and file name cannot be modified.
(2). The version value under .vision.txt needs to be the same as the firmware version number.

· this could be the only thing I may not understand correctly.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #6,171 of 6,859
So I've got the DX150 and I do really like it, but I'm considering a few other DAPs that are more compact and more easy to take out on the town. I am tossing up between the R3Pro, R5 and the XDP 30r. How big a difference in the sound quality is the R3Pro to the R5? How would the XDP 30r stack up against these.

I'm actually in the exact same boat; currently own a DX150 (Amp 6) and mainly use it with my CA FIBAE ME (2.5mm Bal) and V-MODA M100, but am looking to go a bit more portable.
Have you already pulled the trigger on the R3 Pro? If yes, how do you like it compared to the DX150?

To those who own a R3 Pro, is there any lag in displaying album art (not embedded) when browsing through your media?
Also, is there any album art resolution limit when displaying?
(I remember the original R3 had a resolution limit of 600 x 600, not sure if that was fixed)

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #6,172 of 6,859
But it still won't create the actual theme file.

Could you try this one, works for me except choosing custom theme in emulator (you can change in version.txt file version to 1.16 and it will work also).

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #6,173 of 6,859
Could you try this one, works for me except choosing custom theme in emulator (you can change in version.txt file version to 1.16 and it will work also).

Oh wow, this one actually did the trick right away...

I wonder why that one works right from the start and the other just ignores everything...?

*edit

well I was able to apply the theme, but as it turns out, most of the images are now out of line. Like the top image in the menu is cut, and the covers inside the "now playing" are cut too. I've seen the same problem before with the hexagon theme you posted earlier in this thread.

I use your latest custom firmware, the "not chinese version"

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #6,175 of 6,859
[QUOTE="To those who own a R3 Pro, is there any lag in displaying album art (not embedded) when browsing through your media?
(I remember the original R3 had a resolution limit of 600 x 600, not sure if that was fixed)[/QUOTE]

I see roughly a 2 second lag scrolling to display the album art in either "files" or "Albums" menu. All my Flac`s have embedded album art, but also have folder.jpg`s in album folders too (not sure if that makes any difference)

There is definitely a resolution limit. Unsure to what extent, but any folder.jpg`s I had exceeding a few hundred kB needed to be downsized to display on the R3 Pro at all.

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #6,176 of 6,859
I see roughly a 2 second lag scrolling to display the album art in either "files" or "Albums" menu. All my Flac`s have embedded album art, but also have folder.jpg`s in album folders too (not sure if that makes any difference)

There is definitely a resolution limit. Unsure to what extent, but any folder.jpg`s I had exceeding a few hundred kB needed to be downsized to display on the R3 Pro at all.

Thanks for the input.

I see, so the album art display isn't as smooth as the R6. Guess I can't put it to the same standard since the R6 has 3GB RAM.
On the other hand, the DX150 also has some lag so I'm sort of used to it.

The album art limitation is file size or resolution?
I might have some album art in png instead of jpg which may increase the file size, but not exceed the resolution limitation.

Jan 24, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #6,178 of 6,859
Thanks for the input.

I see, so the album art display isn't as smooth as the R6. Guess I can't put it to the same standard since the R6 has 3GB RAM.
On the other hand, the DX150 also has some lag so I'm sort of used to it.

The album art limitation is file size or resolution?
I might have some album art in png instead of jpg which may increase the file size, but not exceed the resolution limitation.

Now that i can see all the folder.jpg`s (resolution and file size) , I`m not sure exactly where this limitation is. I have a few 1600x1600 resolution jpg's that are displayed without any issue on the R3Pro. The largest .jpg files size i have is around 432kB, and surprisingly shows up fine on the R3pro as well. So the problematic one`s i had initially must have been "Billboard" size imagess.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-24_12-56-0.png
    upload_2020-1-24_12-56-0.png
    19 KB · Views: 0
Jan 25, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #6,179 of 6,859
Now that i can see all the folder.jpg`s (resolution and file size) , I`m not sure exactly where this limitation is. I have a few 1600x1600 resolution jpg's that are displayed without any issue on the R3Pro. The largest .jpg files size i have is around 432kB, and surprisingly shows up fine on the R3pro as well. So the problematic one`s i had initially must have been "Billboard" size imagess.

Hm, guess I'll check all of my album art and see if any of them exceed 432kB. Pretty sure I don't have any art that exceeds 1600x1600.

Ugh I'm really torn on whether I should sell off my DX150 and go for the R3 Pro.
I haven't had a chance to check out the R3 Pro first hand, but did play around with the original R3 a bit right when it came out, I did like the look and feel.
I obviously won't be getting 100% of what I paid for the DX150 back, so I'm having difficulty convincing my self on this "downgrade" in terms of hardware =/

Jan 26, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #6,180 of 6,859
I'm actually in the exact same boat; currently own a DX150 (Amp 6) and mainly use it with my CA FIBAE ME (2.5mm Bal) and V-MODA M100, but am looking to go a bit more portable.
Have you already pulled the trigger on the R3 Pro? If yes, how do you like it compared to the DX150?

To those who own a R3 Pro, is there any lag in displaying album art (not embedded) when browsing through your media?
(I remember the original R3 had a resolution limit of 600 x 600, not sure if that was fixed)
Oh I wish I could have the R3Pro while waiting for the DX150 to sell. But I'm waiting for it to sell before I get one xD. What others are you looking at other than the R3Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back