The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Feb 23, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #6,196 of 6,859
Can line-out mode be used while the R3 is functioning as a USB DAC on Windows? Curious as I'm considering picking up a Fiio A5 amp to go along with the R3.

I know this is very old but I couldn't find an answer.
My Hidisz AP80 has Line-out mode when connected to Windows as USB DAC. I am guessing the R3 has it as well

Feb 27, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #6,199 of 6,859
On the HiBy R3 Pro, is there a way to bypass the internal amp and instead use an external amp? I'm having a tough time figuring out if there is a pure line out. I hope so. A strength seems to be a dual dac; it would be a shame to be not be able to use as a source to a desktop amp without double amping... Thanks all!

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #6,200 of 6,859
When can I expect the R3 to be back in stock?

Feb 29, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #6,202 of 6,859
On the HiBy R3 Pro, is there a way to bypass the internal amp and instead use an external amp? I'm having a tough time figuring out if there is a pure line out. I hope so. A strength seems to be a dual dac; it would be a shame to be not be able to use as a source to a desktop amp without double amping... Thanks all!
Don't know about the pro but the original you could change the output from headphone out to line out in the play settings.

Feb 29, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #6,203 of 6,859
Okay so I got my Hiby R3 a few days ago and I've been having some real issues with its bluetooth receiver. I cannot for the life of me get my phone or my computer to connect with my R3. Everytime after accepting the pairing request on my phone, the R3 just displays "connection failed", and even though it says it's connected on my phone, the bluetooth icon doesn't show up.

Does anyone know why this is happening, how to fix it, or has even experienced this? I've literally searched this thread inside out and I cannot find anyone else with this issue. Hope I'm not the only one with this issue, or else I might have to return it. Using a DAP as a bluetooth receiver (aka wireless DAC?) is definitely a very important feature for me, as I want to stream Spotify from my phone to the R3.

I've previously owned the Hidizs AP80 and setting up the bluetooth receiver was so straightforward, as there was an "app" in the UI for it. Looks like this:
QwYoZMM.jpg

Here on the R3 it's a bit less intuitive.

Mar 1, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #6,205 of 6,859
Your R3 is looks like it is using the LDAC codec, do your phone and PC support LDAC?

In the R3 settings there is a codec option, try SBC all devices must support SBC so try that codec first and when/if it connects try a better codec (AAC or AptX)

Yep I just realized that after reading the Hiby Help Center. But ultimately it was a firmware update that solved this issue.

After updating firmware V3.3 to V3.4, bluetooth connectivity works from both the receiving side and transmitting side. Previously I couldn't get bluetooth to connect for both sides.

Thank God this works now.

Mar 1, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #6,206 of 6,859
I've found on many device pairings that ldac is really unstable in electrically noisy environments with many other wireless devices

Mar 22, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #6,207 of 6,859
1. Turn it on, and up (at any level +1, +2, etc) 31 Hz for example, and the highs are immediately cut off and or being filtered? The whole presentation sounds like a blanket has been thrown over the entire music range especially the highs. So instead of adding in the frequency of 31 Hz it appears it's lowering the whole output level or doing some type of filtering compensation.

2. Yes, that appears to work as designed, and enjoy it A LOT. Very well implemented and responds immediately and correctly.
Hello,

On my R3, increasing the level of any frequency in the equalizer causes the volume output to decrease drastically. (Just enabling the equalizer with flat settings decreases the volume somewhat.) Also, the equalizer does not work on high resolution files. The MSEB does not lower the volume, but works only on files encoded up to 96KHz. My firmware revision is 3.4.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #6,208 of 6,859
Hello,

On my R3, increasing the level of any frequency in the equalizer causes the volume output to decrease drastically. (Just enabling the equalizer with flat settings decreases the volume somewhat.) Also, the equalizer does not work on high resolution files. The MSEB does not lower the volume, but works only on files encoded up to 96KHz. My firmware revision is 3.4.

Thank you.
That's normal sir. Using EQ will decrease the volume on almost all devices.
For the second question, the EQ and MSEB DSP can't work on Hi-Res and DSD files because of limitations in processors, the resource consumption of those files is huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back