The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 17, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #3,691 of 6,859
If you mean this

Then that's the DLNA symbol (as the picture says). It enables listening for DLNA broadcasts when the R3 is connected to WiFi.
Thanks. I have some NAS drives that support it. Worked fine on the R6. I'll give it a try on the R3.

Jul 17, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #3,692 of 6,859
Thanks. I have some NAS drives that support it. Worked fine on the R6. I'll give it a try on the R3.
The R3 works as a DLNA receiver only ("renderer" as they call it) so some other device (mobile phone, computer, etc. would have to initiate the playback of the networked audio and choose R3 to be the renderer, for the R3 to play it. :sweat_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 17, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #3,693 of 6,859
Streaming from phone works very well. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on both devices and paired. Easy peasy
`
Let me guess, you're on Android? On my iPhone, I cannot get it to work. I don't think the iPhone sees the Hiby bluetooth connection as an audio output. I can control playback in the R3 from my iPhone but not stream to it.

Jul 17, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #3,694 of 6,859
The R3 works as a DLNA receiver only ("renderer" as they call it) so some other device (mobile phone, computer, etc. would have to initiate the playback of the networked audio and choose R3 to be the renderer, for the R3 to play it. :sweat_smile:

Good to see you back on the Forum JOE. Thanks guys for the update.

when restarting the R3 from shutdown it goes to the last track played.Which is great.

Problem is when you swipe left to the album list it's not . It goes back to the root of all tracks.

Could you make it so that the swip back goes into the Album list please.

Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #3,696 of 6,859
Can't get R3 to connect with Note 8 via aptx. I went into developer settings on Note 8 and switched to aptX streaming, but, as soon as I connect to R3, it switches right back to SBC. Don't know if it's R3 problem or Note 8 problem.

Aptx codec is only supported for sending signal (from R3 to headset), it doesn't work the other way (from smartphone to R3).

Jul 17, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #3,698 of 6,859
well, I did ask about ldac progress and they wanted my tracking number.
So think they just are used to where is my..

Did not get an answer to that one.

Well this is the changelog for the latest firmware update to 1.11:
1. Now shows TIDAL error messages to users for feedback to HiBy developers;
2. Added option to enter DNS addresses manually;
3. Removed network time sync function to solve time display errors;
4. Certain album art that could not be displayed can now be displayed;
5. Test fix for multiple instances of same song being displayed and disrupting shuffle;
6. Compatibility for long user names and passwords;
7. Miscellaneous bug fixes.

And here's a download link in case OTA doesn't work: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEgbk3Y5DojX1IDv3rQQ

As you can see (5) was intended to fix the issue of multiple instances of same song being displayed and disrupting shuffle. I see it isn't working for someone (anyone)? :frowning2:

5. I had this problem

The shuffle I think was just another issue with this. In all songs it replicated the tracks making in not possible to scroll through. For me it stopped at h i think and could not scroll anymore without replicated the same track.

After latest update i can (sluggishly) scroll through all songs. But the "problematic" ones are at the bottom for some reason.

so my fix list is.
1.ldac
2.chinese characters in imported playlist for øæå, umlauts etc
3. fast search in right bar for playlist
4. cover load when scrolling

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #3,700 of 6,859
`
Let me guess, you're on Android? On my iPhone, I cannot get it to work. I don't think the iPhone sees the Hiby bluetooth connection as an audio output. I can control playback in the R3 from my iPhone but not stream to it.
Nope iPhone 7 Plus. Turn on Bluetooth on R3 and it just shows up in Bluetooth list on iPhone (for me). May have to select the R3 in the list. If it is not showing up in your list don’t know what to tell you. Do you have latest firmware on both devices?

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #3,702 of 6,859
`
You can skip this step if you're on wifi (I think it only works then) and airplay from your iPhone. It works great.

Jul 17, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #3,703 of 6,859
`
Make sure you have HiBy link unchecked on your R3. The iPhone will then stream anything to it. You should see the R3 screen completely covered with a big Bluetooth graphic.

Jul 17, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #3,704 of 6,859
Does the repeated tracks and associated shuffle bug still exist in 1.11?
Great to see you back Joe! After i updated to 1.11 i have not experienced the shuffle bug at this point . I am shuffling about 14800 tracks and have yet to have it reoccur. Used to crop up with tildes, apostrophes,quotation marks. parentheses, brakes, etc. Knock on wood , all good so far

Jul 17, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #3,705 of 6,859
well, I did ask about ldac progress and they wanted my tracking number.
So think they just are used to where is my..

Did not get an answer to that one.

5. I had this problem

The shuffle I think was just another issue with this. In all songs it replicated the tracks making in not possible to scroll through. For me it stopped at h i think and could not scroll anymore without replicated the same track.

After latest update i can (sluggishly) scroll through all songs. But the "problematic" ones are at the bottom for some reason.

so my fix list is.
1.ldac
2.chinese characters in imported playlist for øæå, umlauts etc
3. fast search in right bar for playlist
4. cover load when scrolling
LDAC is being tested in beta firmware in China and will be announced soon, as soon as some last bugs are squished. We got the LDAC certificate from Sony at the end of last month so are finally free to talk about it, thank god. On the other hand we are a bit miffed that a *certain* competitor has been advertising and giving off LDAC capability in public despite showing off a certificate from Sony last month that is dated only a few days earlier than the one we got last month (something else they're not supposed to do, as the certificate has "confidential" stamped right on it...)

Unless I'm *very* mistaken, it will work for receiving audio from the smartphone as well :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back