The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 18, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #2,491 of 6,859
And bt works as it should and sounds nice but then the Sennheiser momentum 2.0 ear wireless are doing all the work, range about 15m before there are drop outs:smile_phones:
WHN05PT.jpg

Shame no dlna working yet :triportsad: But over all money well backed. Thanks HiBy for a fun evening. Tomorrow commuting with Fiio F9 and work with Fidue A83 and Meze 99 classic:zzz: over an out. (excuse the carpet the dogs been in all day and its too late to hoover)
I can't wait to see how my BT gear works with it. Great album, BTW - check out the lead singer's new one "A Dying Machine". How does the R3 do with rock?

Jun 18, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #2,492 of 6,859
400gb card 15000+ tracks no cover art problems:sunglasses:
Peter - do you own the R6 as well? My R3 has not arrived, yet, but with my R6 I do have cover art problems! :frowning2: Some albums won't show it at all, others - once you play 2nd track onward, it shows up. weird (and known) issue with R6 and HiBy's music app...

Jun 18, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #2,495 of 6,859
Hey, for those who received their units already, what kind of battery life are you guys getting when not using BT?

btw, backer #833 and no update yet. I will patiently wait till end of Tomorrow on West Coast of US (Wed in China) for an update before I get antsy.

Jun 18, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #2,498 of 6,859
Any backers from Malaysia ? Im being charged some import permit. And i have to request the import permit on my own. @Joe Bloggs any comments ?

SIIG maybe? I think Malasia only allows certified importers who have SIIG to be an importer of record, if i remember right. I did some exporting to china, singapore, japan, south korea, philippines, and i recall malaysia was particularly cumbersome because of SIIG.

Jun 19, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #2,504 of 6,859
Is there an easy way to use a Mac to create playlists on the R3?

So far, the only playlists that seem to work using import are the playlists that have no directory path, in other words, they seem to need to be in the same folder as the music itself. I use a directory hierarchy similar to iTunes, with artists first, than albums, then songs, so all my music is nested in folders of some kind.

It's not super hard to create playlists in R3 or R6, but it is time consuming with the small screen. It would be awfully convenient if I could use the Mac to create playlists.

I learned recently that you can use Cantata on Mac to create playlists for MojoPoly, and wondering if there's a similar method for R3/R6.

Send me a sample problem playlist generated by your app via pm and let me see what's the issue. I will also issue a style guide re: m3u playlists shortly.

This morning I received my r3, one day earlier from what tracking initially mentioned.

So far I am impressed by the looks and sound.

I have not found a way to connect to dlna/Lan. Am I missng something? I have enabled the dlna option but can't see where I can connect in practice. Anyone?

The DLNA option is for other devices to connect to the R3 as the renderer. If your R3 is connected to a WiFi any other device on the same network should be able to play to the R3 via DLNA via the usual connection methods on their apps (and not the other way around).

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 19, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #2,505 of 6,859
Any backers from Malaysia ? Im being charged some import permit. And i have to request the import permit on my own. @Joe Bloggs any comments ?

I'm inquire with our shipping team.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back