The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 18, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #2,476 of 6,859
I have also updated the firmware first thing when I switched it on.
I hope we're just missing something which is in front of our eyes...

...not even with my glasses on, still playing with the R3 is livening up the footie even in UHD

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #2,480 of 6,859
Holy heck, wish I found out about this DAP awhile ago. Guess that's what I get for being missing from the forums.

Anyone in EU have a spare they want to sell? :p

Up for preorder on amp3, seems they are hiby stockists in the uk now.

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #2,481 of 6,859
vBP0fbv.jpg

DSD, high gain vol 50, Audeze LCDi4, f*ck this thing can do bass

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #2,483 of 6,859
Just curious if the r3 has any sort of audiobook/podcast bookmarking options? Not so much when the player is put into standby, but if I am listening to a podcast or audiobook and want to listen to some music and then go back to the audiobook that I was listening to later on will it resume from where it left off?

Thanks

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #2,485 of 6,859
:japanese_ogre:
Just for u..... seeing u insist....
X5gzoN1.jpg

Now you’re talking my language, nice!

Never had it but sounds interesting, not sure if you saw Vintoman’s suggestion Black:japanese_ogre:Wych from down London way I think, looks & sounds wicked!

Sadly there’s not enough time left in the world to try & savour all the interesting brews!

Hopefully there'll be plenty more time in the After:skull:Life to hang out with the Big Guy Satan:fire::smiling_imp::fire: & enjoying some of his Unlimited Edition ‘Heaven Is For Wimps’ XXX Lager & of course Chips & Extra:fire:Hot Salsa...

Oh yeah, need some :fire::fire::fire: tunes on our new R3 as we discuss ‘Satan’s Psychotherapy’ till all hours!:thumbsup:

Anymore worthy:thinking:pics?

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #2,486 of 6,859
6aSeCMc.jpg

Now this is eating the battery, DSD128, Native, High gain Vol 47, clear and articulate with a sweat treble. Audeze LCD-XC balanced.:sob: but :sunglasses:

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #2,488 of 6,859
And bt works as it should and sounds nice but then the Sennheiser momentum 2.0 ear wireless are doing all the work, range about 15m before there are drop outs:smile_phones:
WHN05PT.jpg

Shame no dlna working yet :triportsad: But over all money well backed. Thanks HiBy for a fun evening. Tomorrow commuting with Fiio F9 and work with Fidue A83 and Meze 99 classic:zzz: over an out. (excuse the carpet the dogs been in all day and its too late to hoover)

Jun 18, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #2,489 of 6,859
And bt works as it should and sounds nice but then the Sennheiser momentum 2.0 ear wireless are doing all the work, range about 15m before there are drop outs:smile_phones:
WHN05PT.jpg

Shame no dlna working yet :triportsad: But over all money well backed. Thanks HiBy for a fun evening. Tomorrow commuting with Fiio F9 and work with Fidue A83 and Meze 99 classic:zzz: over an out. (excuse the carpet the dogs been in all day and its too late to hoover)

Well that’s great news about the BT [as I hoped/expected] as I’ve mentioned before I’ve backed the ORA Graphene Q BT:) on IGG that’ll hopefully will ship in Aug so they’ll be a huge improvement over my Focal Listen Wireless BT that I can dispose of to the backup locker!

Jun 18, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #2,490 of 6,859
Had been unable to connect to home wi-fi on the R3. My router broadcasts both 2.4ghz and 5ghz but the R3 only sees the 2.4ghz SSID. After entering the wi-fi password it would just say "connection failed" despite the password being entered correctly.

Changed the wi-fi password from a 15 character to a 10 character password and the R3 connected with no problem. Read the earlier comments from @WNBC and wondered if others are able to see 5ghz networks on the R3. All other devices in my house can see + connect to the 5ghz network.

....checked the specs page and it shows that the R3 supports 2.4ghz wi-fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back