The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread
Nov 11, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #661 of 719
I still have my silver t1 cable from 3-4 years ago made by ted. other than about 4 inches of it turning brown in the middle around the Y connect, it still functions like it was brand new. Other silver cables from other guys I've bought from only lasted 6 months before intermittent cutting-out of music. I don't need to order new cables but since I just bought the fiio x7 v2 I thought why not give balanced cables a shot? The v1 cables are already great, I don't think v2 can actually beat it but we'll see in a few weeks
....And once that's done, I have this urge to upgrade from my old jh16 pros to the kaiser encore to go with the cables. This cycle never ends.

edit: well just got the new balanced cables. I'm amazed, love the extra details and how beautiful it looks. Also extends the treble, I didn't think there would really be any improvement. It could just be that I went balanced and not the actual cable doing anything, you never know.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #662 of 719
I still have my silver t1 cable from 3-4 years ago made by ted. other than about 4 inches of it turning brown in the middle around the Y connect, it still functions like it was brand new. Other silver cables from other guys I've bought from only lasted 6 months before intermittent cutting-out of music. I don't need to order new cables but since I just bought the fiio x7 v2 I thought why not give balanced cables a shot? The v1 cables are already great, I don't think v2 can actually beat it but we'll see in a few weeks
....And once that's done, I have this urge to upgrade from my old jh16 pros to the kaiser encore to go with the cables. This cycle never ends.

edit: well just got the new balanced cables. I'm amazed, love the extra details and how beautiful it looks. Also extends the treble, I didn't think there would really be any improvement. It could just be that I went balanced and not the actual cable doing anything, you never know.

What iem's are you using there chappy? thinking setting up my jupiters wth ted silver balanced and onkyo dap

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #664 of 719
Very happy customer here, as well! Ted has always been super accommodating and entertains my 500 questions at a time with ease.

Here are a few photos of the stuff he's done for me, of which I'm super super pleased:

Highly, highly recommend his work. In fact I think I'm due for another order lol

-Collin-

#SeeSax, may i know what cable is that you have in the 1st photo. Looks interesting in that colour tone. Thanks in advance.

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #665 of 719

V2 gives a more full bodied sound without compromising the upper end. Sounds very similar to the Whiplash Twag3. I feel it's a noticeable improvement over the V1. IMO

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #666 of 719
#SeeSax, may i know what cable is that you have in the 1st photo. Looks interesting in that colour tone. Thanks in advance.

This is Ted's silver-plated copper cable - cheaper than the pure silver and very nice ergonomics and sound. I love the color.

-Collin-

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #667 of 719
This is Ted's silver-plated copper cable - cheaper than the pure silver and very nice ergonomics and sound. I love the color.

-Collin-

Hi there Collin, thanks for the information. The colour tone pique my interest which really stands out among the usual silver/copper and not exactly black. May i know what colour is that?

Colour tone aside, merit of sound improvement would definitely be priority. Thus, could you kindly provide a brief comparison with the T2 silver litz?

Btw, I'll still holding on to some SE846, SE535 and JVC F850 which i intend to use with and have a Null Arete cable on order for the 535 and looking a step up for the 846.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #670 of 719
basically its a translucent black bu t it varies slightly lighter on roll. i just needed something to easily see the difference between the silver litz. its from my old wire manufacturer hakugei so its discounted until the 1,000 meter roll is gone. it is slightly softer pe insulation than new T2 copper and T2 silver. all are type 2 litz other than older left over wires.
easiest way to get me is email as i'm right next to laptop most of the time.
on the cable with 4" of browning chengsta has, after talking to him and seeing his picture that was not one of my cables. it is from chris_himself(HPL) after i stopped doing his cables back in aug. 2013.

Dec 14, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #672 of 719
Scrolling through Facebook and I ran up to Ted's posts. Saw that he got new y-splits in too. Looks really nice compared to the ones he was originally using; they look much smaller. Might have to get him to make me another cable whenever I get some money in.
I need to stop spending money on audio and actually save up :o2smile:
25289257_1653580688020918_6229937396753428636_n.jpg

Dec 14, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #673 of 719
Scrolling through Facebook and I ran up to Ted's posts. Saw that he got new y-splits in too. Looks really nice compared to the ones he was originally using; they look much smaller. Might have to get him to make me another cable whenever I get some money in.
Oh why save up? Audio over food, anyday.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #674 of 719

Looking good and patiently waiting.

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #675 of 719
Finally receive the T2 Silver. The cable looks great compared to pics. Blacker background against the Nocturnal 8 braided hybrid and glad that i'm digging the result i'm getting. Cheers.

[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back