"The Lab"
May 2, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #17,416 of 20,136
  Latest addition to my Lab… voluntary evacuation notice.

Ahhh, the joys of living in the middle of a parched forest. Begs the question, what gear must be saved
biggrin.gif

Dang "T", that sux!

So here's something I thought pretty cool of Sir Paul, put on a heck of a show Saturday night however weak his voice may be getting!

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2016/may/02/mccartney-meets-little-rock-nine-members-who-/

Screen_Shot_2016-05-02_at_10.53.00_AM_t728.png

May 2, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #17,417 of 20,136

Dang "T", that sux!

The irony of it is that yesterday was the start of "Emergency Preparedness Week" here in Alberta.

On the plus side, having water bombers flying overhead at ~100ft. is a great way to test the isolation of iems (too hot for cans, esp. closed back)

May 2, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #17,418 of 20,136
  The irony of it is that yesterday was the start of "Emergency Preparedness Week" here in Alberta.

On the plus side, having water bombers flying overhead at ~100ft. is a great way to test the isolation of iems (too hot for cans, esp. closed back)

Dang, they are a little larger than a crop duster
blink.gif
But what are you going to do, find the best tips I guess
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

May 3, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #17,419 of 20,136

Random news flash alert!

Wokei's latest random review is up on HF.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-truss-the-all-metal-under-desk-dual-headphone-hanger-stand-mount/reviews/15899

May 3, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #17,420 of 20,136
Just got the ProDJ100 today... 

So well built. The aluminum makes me happy...

May 4, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #17,421 of 20,136
Shozy Zero with many comparisons: http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-zero-iem/reviews/15926 
beerchug.gif

And my ATH-IM03 is finally working again as well. Bought it brand new and one side had some bad imbalance issues in the mids/highs. Didn't think too much about it and thought it suffered from bad driver tolerance. Upon closer inspection, it turned out one side was lacking the acoustic filter. As their German rep was a totally unhelpful d0uches (at least it seemed so), I digged deeper and found out it could be a white Ety damper. And it was a white Ety damper. ordered a set (of six pieces) and it showed up the next day. Yup, AT is using the white Ety dampers/filters for the IM03 and some other in-ears as well. Might be an informative info for some that might be in need of filters for their ATH in-ears (as well as for modders).
So yay, the IM03 is alive again. Good fun in-ear with nice imaging.

May 4, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #17,422 of 20,136
  Shozy Zero with many comparisons: http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-zero-iem/reviews/15926 
beerchug.gif

And my ATH-IM03 is finally working again as well. Bought it brand new and one side had some bad imbalance issues in the mids/highs. Didn't think too much about it and thought it suffered from bad driver tolerance. Upon closer inspection, it turned out one side was lacking the acoustic filter. As their German rep was a totally unhelpful d0uches (at least it seemed so), I digged deeper and found out it could be a white Ety damper. And it was a white Ety damper. ordered a set (of six pieces) and it showed up the next day. Yup, AT is using the white Ety dampers/filters for the IM03 and some other in-ears as well. Might be an informative info for some that might be in need of filters for their ATH in-ears (as well as for modders).
So yay, the IM03 is alive again. Good fun in-ear with nice imaging.

Soon as my email popped up with your name I knew I was going to get some good pics
biggrin.gif
Awesome research on those AT's too, hat the rep was a D-Bag
mad.gif

beerchug.gif

May 4, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #17,423 of 20,136
   Awesome research on those AT's too, hat the rep was a D-Bag
mad.gif

beerchug.gif

Yeah, she said she would get in touch with the Japanese guys and was awaiting an answer but never got back. I asked her whether there were any updates but it was of no avail (nothing within almost two months!). I guess their thoughts were "Pah, these in-ears were never officially distributed in Germany/the EU, so it is not our problem".

At least I've got the seemingly correct filters now (measurements indicate that they're the same). 
smile.gif

Talkin' 'bout pics: 
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #17,424 of 20,136

Yeah, she said she would get in touch with the Japanese guys and was awaiting an answer but never got back. I asked her whether there were any updates but it was of no avail (nothing within almost two months!). I guess their thoughts were "Pah, these in-ears were never officially distributed in Germany/the EU, so it is not our problem".

At least I've got the seemingly correct filters now (measurements indicate that they're the same). 
smile.gif

Talkin' 'bout pics: 
biggrin.gif

Very good to hear mate.  AT does seem to have a somewhat archaic aftersales policy at times.

May 8, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #17,428 of 20,136
"If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands! *clap clap*
If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands! *clap clap*
If you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it,
If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands! *clap clap*

If you're happy and you know it, post a review! *post post*
If you're happy and you know it post it now! *post post*
If you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it,
If you're happy and you know it, post a review! *post post*"

The beautiful and also really well sounding Shozy Cygnus: http://www.head-fi.org/products/shozy-cygnus/reviews/15958

May 9, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #17,430 of 20,136

Eh Labsters! Check out this rad "new" portable cassette player from Yorx. Not only can you listen to some boppin' beats, but you can play some totally tubular moving picture games, like  Baseball, containing none of your favorite teams. WOAH!​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Love those 553's
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back