The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Oct 14, 2007 at 8:44 AM Post #151 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenafor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any direct comparisons between the two?

My headsix is still burning in. But I also have the pcmkIII and I will post my impressions when the headsix is fully burned in and I had time to compare the two.

Oct 14, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #152 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This country was founded by people like me - conservative but open minded, morally centered, family loving, homeland defending, children loving patriots.
tongue.gif

They just didn't have headphones back then to know what they were missing.
plainface.gif

Too right!
cool.gif

Nonetheless, I must note that you're currently sitting on post #666!
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #153 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too right!
cool.gif

Nonetheless, I must note that you're currently sitting on post #666!
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

He's morally centered on post #666?
blink.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #155 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My headsix is still burning in. But I also have the pcmkIII and I will post my impressions when the headsix is fully burned in and I had time to compare the two.

Thanks a ton, eagerly waiting for your thoughts. Think you'll put them here or in a new thread?

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #156 of 917
Ooh, mines arrived. It's tiny... I don't have any 9v batteries though.
I will try it tomorrow.

Oct 15, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #157 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh, mines arrived. It's tiny... I don't have any 9v batteries though.
I will try it tomorrow.

A true head-fier looks for a 24hr store with batteries in the middle of the night
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #158 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A true head-fier looks for a 24hr store with batteries in the middle of the night
tongue.gif

A ghetto head-fier would look for a smoke alarm.

Oct 15, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #160 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dropkickduffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does this amp pair well with the 3g nano? I'm afraid the amp will be too long.

I ordered mine for use with Sumo. Width is the same and additional length will allow for an extra Velcro to secure the dock connector.
Can't wait for mine too. Jan shipped it last Monday but our post is soooo sloooow!

Oct 15, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #161 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A ghetto head-fier would look for a smoke alarm.

Yup, I tried that one, and was very confused. My smoke alarms are wired to the mains
eek.gif

Just have to say I'm very impressed with Jan's service and would like to say thanks again.

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #162 of 917
I just received mine and I have to tell you that straight out of the box the sound is great! Warm, punchy and definitely the Meier sig. I can't wait to burn it in. I sold my Move because I never used the DAC and it was just a bit too big and heavy for my portable needs. The Headsix is right on par!
You did it again Jan.....Thanks!

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #163 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received mine and I have to tell you that straight out of the box the sound is great! Warm, punchy and definitely the Meier sig. I can't wait to burn it in. I sold my Move because I never used the DAC and it was just a bit too big and heavy for my portable needs. The Headsix is right on par!
You did it again Jan.....Thanks!

Now, please give us a hint if the HeadSix is any different than the Move in SQ.
wink.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #164 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, please give us a hint if the HeadSix is any different than the Move in SQ.
wink.gif

Tough one since the Move was totally burned in and this is fresh. They sound very similar with the sweet, smooth highs and mids. Right now, the Move had a tad more low punch than the Headsix, but again, I think with time that will change. I can't wait for complete burn-in.
I will say that I've been using my Tomahawk for weeks now and the Headsix made me go "Wow" with the first notes. After some thorough back and forth comparisons, I'll probably end up selling my Tomahawk. I just love the Meier sound, so part of it is personal sig preference.
I'll keep everyone posted once the burn is complete.
icon10.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #165 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tough one since the Move was totally burned in and this is fresh. They sound very similar with the sweet, smooth highs and mids. Right now, the Move had a tad more low punch than the Headsix, but again, I think with time that will change. I can't wait for complete burn-in.
I will say that I've been using my Tomahawk for weeks now and the Headsix made me go "Wow" with the first notes. After some thorough back and forth comparisons, I'll probably end up selling my Tomahawk. I just love the Meier sound, so part of it is personal sig preference.
I'll keep everyone posted once the burn is complete.
icon10.gif

It's going to be tough for you to catch-up, because I found my Move (Your ex) is still improving with Pink noise after each day. I'm not sure it does, or just me having more appreciation each day?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back