The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Oct 16, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #181 of 917
while on the topic of batteries, besides life-time, are there any other advantages or disadvantages of using nimh or lithium ones?
would they make any difference at all in terms of sound quality, or the ablity to drive higher impedence phones?

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #183 of 917
IMG_0081.jpg
IMG_0080.jpg

wink.gif
Wow...
Mine arrived
biggrin.gif
... (side by side with Classic 80GB)

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #184 of 917
I've gotta kick myself in the butt sometimes for being so impatient. I just got the corda move and now this comes out. This would have been perfect for me since I don't use the usb. Same thing happened when I got the govibe v5 and the v6 came out the next day.

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #186 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedrusX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
while on the topic of batteries, besides life-time, are there any other advantages or disadvantages of using nimh or lithium ones?
would they make any difference at all in terms of sound quality, or the ablity to drive higher impedence phones?

For use in a headphone amp, li-ion and nimh batteries will function similarly. Both will be superior to alkalines because they maintain relatively stable voltage throughout the charge span; alkalines become progressively weaker. Since the HEADSIX runs only in low current mode (relative to the MOVE), the maximum voltage output is also limited and therefore no benefit will be derived from the use of a 9.6V nimh over a 9V battery. For the HEADSIX, the 9V li-ion is the best bet due to its greater capacity, 500mA vs. only 300mA for the 9V nimh.

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #188 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've gotta kick myself in the butt sometimes for being so impatient. I just got the corda move and now this comes out. This would have been perfect for me since I don't use the usb. Same thing happened when I got the govibe v5 and the v6 came out the next day.

I am certain you will find someone to trade you a headsix with cash for your move...

Heck, if I hadn't bought so much in the past 90 days I'd make the offer myself.

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #189 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does it have enough juice to sound good with HD 650 or K701?
is it going to sound better than my HK reciever?
in general is it good with high IMP or low Imp headphones?

Yeah it'll power both the HD650 and K701. Unless you want to power high impedance headphones(like 250 ohm Beyers) at loud levels you have nothing to worry about.

It'll probably sound better than your HK...but I couldn't tell you for sure

Oct 16, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #190 of 917
Thanks.
is it better than the Mini^3 btw?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathwish238 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah it'll power both the HD650 and K701. Unless you want to power high impedance headphones(like 250 ohm Beyers) at loud levels you have nothing to worry about.

It'll probably sound better than your HK...but I couldn't tell you for sure

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #191 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonma /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you have had it less than 30 days ask Dr. Meier to exchange it.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #193 of 917
Quote:

does it have enough juice to sound good with HD 650 or K701?
is it going to sound better than my HK reciever?
in general is it good with high IMP or low Imp headphones?

I did some more listening last night, amp seems just right (power-wise) for the K701, and a little weak (but acceptable) for the Beyer DT880. Not sure about HD650 since I don't have one.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #194 of 917
Quote:

Thanks.
is it better than the Mini^3 btw?

I have the Mister X XP (which I'm told is similar to the Mini^3), and am waiting on the Headsix. Will let you know my impressions with my IEMs when I receive the amp.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #195 of 917
Quick question. Those of you who live in the US and have received your amp, what carrier was used to deliver the amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back