The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Oct 15, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #166 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's going to be tough for you to catch-up, because I found my Move (Your ex) is still improving with Pink noise after each day. I'm not sure it does, or just me having more appreciation each day?
biggrin.gif

LOL
wink.gif
I believe it. Some amps take soooooo loooooooong to burn-in and it very well could be that I had not peaked yet. Glad to hear you love the amp!

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #167 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tough one since the Move was totally burned in and this is fresh. They sound very similar with the sweet, smooth highs and mids. Right now, the Move had a tad more low punch than the Headsix, but again, I think with time that will change. I can't wait for complete burn-in.
I will say that I've been using my Tomahawk for weeks now and the Headsix made me go "Wow" with the first notes. After some thorough back and forth comparisons, I'll probably end up selling my Tomahawk. I just love the Meier sound, so part of it is personal sig preference.
I'll keep everyone posted once the burn is complete.
icon10.gif

I can't wait till I receive mine (sometime this week hopefully)!

Oct 15, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #168 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tough one since the Move was totally burned in and this is fresh. They sound very similar with the sweet, smooth highs and mids. Right now, the Move had a tad more low punch than the Headsix, but again, I think with time that will change. I can't wait for complete burn-in.
I will say that I've been using my Tomahawk for weeks now and the Headsix made me go "Wow" with the first notes. After some thorough back and forth comparisons, I'll probably end up selling my Tomahawk. I just love the Meier sound, so part of it is personal sig preference.
I'll keep everyone posted once the burn is complete.
icon10.gif

I might consider selling my Tomahawk only if I couldn't pay the electric bill or something, but not when it is as good as it is for as small as it is
blink.gif

Then again, I might change my mind when my HEADSIX gets here, but my iBasso D1, Seaber cmoy, and two penguins haven't convinced me to sell it yet; and everyone knows by now how much I like those other's too...

Oct 15, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #169 of 917
I received my Headsix sometime in the past three days. The amp was shipped the next business day from when I ordered it, and took about 4-5 days to arrive to the Chicagoland, IL area. Amp was well-packed with well-written instructions.

Trying it out now with my k240S and it is a definite improvement from unamped. Hard to say much more than that without trying several headphones, with several sources, and allowing some time for burn in.

The amp itself is smaller than I thought it would be, it really is quite tiny. I think the length and width of the product is pretty close to the perfect dimensions. And it can't be any shorter in height because it has to fit the 9V battery.

Oct 15, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #171 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedbird151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any pics of the headsix with your set up.

I'll post some pics later tonight... I think the more shots you have to see, the better idea you get of what the finish is like, and how small the product is relative to other objects. I'll post some pics of the Headsix next to a Nano, some cans, and my Creek amp.

Oct 15, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #174 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedbird151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any pics of the headsix with your set up.

I need to get something else for the 1/4" to mini, but it works for now.

And I too am loving the sound already, even though it hasn't yet been burned in.

EDIT: Oh and also, I switched mine to low gain mode, there's plenty of volume for my Darth's.

Oct 15, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #175 of 917
Just pulled the trigger on these. Was debating between the Headsix, the ibasso T2, the C&C XO and the Headstage, however the contribution to Head.Fi and positive reviews here made it a no brainer.

Will compare this with the Mister X XP, and may get rid of one or the other.

Out of curiosity, how many people got the silver?

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #176 of 917
Nice pictures, Vegaman.
I ordered it in silver as well, and it looks good in your pictures.

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #177 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by tygger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I know this one seems to be the best choice.

Does anybody know of a cheaper option? At that price, maybe I should buy a different amp (e.g. PenguinAmp) to charge 9V batteries.

Oct 15, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #179 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody know of a cheaper option? At that price, maybe I should buy a different amp (e.g. PenguinAmp) to charge 9V batteries.

I'm currently using my Move with a 250mAh rechargeable. With amp set to High current/High gain it lasts for about 7 hours. The iPower I linked to is 500mAh and therefore should last twice as much. Double that for Headsix since it operates on Low current only and you'll get 24 hours. Afaik the iPower is the only 500mAh rechargeable currently produced. The ones with less capacity should be definitely cheaper.

Oct 16, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #180 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by tygger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently using my Move with a 250mAh rechargeable. With amp set to High current/High gain it lasts for about 7 hours. The iPower I linked to is 500mAh and therefore should last twice as much. Double that for Headsix since it operates on Low current only and you'll get 24 hours. Afaik the iPower is the only 500mAh rechargeable currently produced. The ones with less capacity should be definitely cheaper.

Thanks for your input Tygger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back