The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Oct 12, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #136 of 917
haha...I've been watching a lot of The Office...

Oct 13, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #137 of 917
Those of you that got thier HeadSix...how does it sound compared to the Move?

I'm waiting on my paycheck to clear in order to send funds.

Also, how many of these babies are left?

Oct 13, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #138 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those of you that got thier HeadSix...how does it sound compared to the Move?

I'm waiting on my paycheck to clear in order to send funds.

Also, how many of these babies are left?

You can just email Jan and reserve one. You can pay when you have the funds ready. I'm sure he won't mind if he waits a few days or so.

Oct 13, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #139 of 917
Wow, I got my HeadSix today! I'm very very impressed considering he shipped it this Monday and in five days it ends up (not lost/damaged) in California!!!

Oct 13, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #140 of 917
He reserved one for me when I emailed, as was willing to wait for the funds on the 19th. But I felt bad making him wait for my disability check (private insurance is several weeks weeks late, as I just went from 90% disabled to 100% in August. For 9 years I worked as a part-time pediatrician while my doctors begged me not to, due to a progressive rare lung disease).

So, I sold a couple of guns on Thursday so I could pay Jan, the electric company, and make my monthly church tithe...
eek.gif

Oct 13, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #141 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He reserved one for me when I emailed, as was willing to wait for the funds on the 19th. But I felt bad making him wait for my disability check (private insurance is several weeks weeks late, as I just went from 90% disabled to 100% in August. For 9 years I worked as a part-time pediatrician while my doctors begged me not to, due to a progressive rare lung disease).

So, I sold a couple of guns on Thursday so I could pay Jan, the electric company, and make my monthly church tithe...
eek.gif

Whoa, guns, church, pediatrics, & headphones...I gotta confess you've got my brain spinning here, Larry!
eek.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #142 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa, guns, church, pediatrics, & headphones...I gotta confess you've got my brain spinning here, Larry!
eek.gif

Those things seem to me to have good synergy. I, for one, will sleep just a little better tonight knowing that a fellow Head-Fier has those interests, especially one with such level-headed posts. (IMO, YMMV, ...)

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #144 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any impressions?

Still waiting on mine... According to Jan shipping to New Zealand will take around 2 weeks
frown.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #145 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Kang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any impressions?

I'm on the second day of burning it in, and I have to say that the soundstage is widening, bass is tightening, and the treble is nice & smooth as of now. At first I was disappointed at the initial sound, which was thin and veiled sounding. But now I can see it starting to resemble the Tomahawk, but a little more bassy with a different smoother (coppery) sound signature.

Jan said to it needs to have at least 100->150 hrs of burn-in time to get the true HeadSix essence. Shoot, if I can expect it better than now at ~25hr burn in, we have a winner. Too bad I never had Move to compare to, sorry folks.

Gripes:
  1. The casing is not flat, but has a canopy/curved top and bottom. My iMod doesn't sit flush on top but is at tilt, and becomes unstable when trying to use controls
  2. The input is on the left most side, not usually in the center on most portable amps. Had to re-bend the interconnects to fit it.
    UPDATE:
  3. It doesn't come with a charger.
    ***If you are going to RatShack, it is the "H" adapter that will definitely fit the HeadSix.***
  4. It cannot charge a rechargeable 9v through its adapter. You have to buy that separately.

Oct 14, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #146 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif

This country was founded by people like me - conservative but open minded, morally centered, family loving, homeland defending, children loving patriots.
tongue.gif

They just didn't have headphones back then to know what they were missing.
plainface.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #147 of 917
I take my hat of to Jan Meier! :bow:
Building another limited edition amplifier, and donate 10% of the revenue to Head-Fi. His contribution are highly appreciated.

Thank you Jan!

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:39 AM Post #148 of 917
oof, it was a hard decision between this and the Porta Corda III, but for the 60 dollar difference it'd have been for me, I think I got a bargain (on the mkiii). Any direct comparisons between the two?

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #149 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtschicht /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To give you an impression regarding the size of this amplifier (besides the measures), three comparison pics with a iPod nano. Maybe it is of interest for someone.

snejk,

I think, that your first thought was right, on my TV the symbol is used in the opposite direction.

I've never wanted a nano more than I do now. My ipod video is just too big for the headsix.

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:42 AM Post #150 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gripes:
  1. The casing is not flat, but has a canopy/curved top and bottom. My iMod doesn't sit flush on top but is at tilt, and becomes unstable when trying to use controls

I used the little rubberfeet that came with the headsix. Now my Sony NW-A3000 is steady as a rock ontop of the headsix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back