The Fiio X5 Thread
Nov 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #1,651 of 19,652
Running within a multipurpose wrapper isn't really the most efficient either. I was having a hard time getting my head around why so many non tablet type devices run inside of Andriod because there will be drawbacks and now it makes perfect sense. Doesn't mean it can't be done well but there will be things beyond your control and higher processor load.

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #1,652 of 19,652
  hope you guys can understand we can't make everyone happy, some need more power and some need replaceable battery and some need smaller size. anyway, the hardware has been decided and the trial production are done.

we are waiting the new UE/UI for X5 and so far everthing goes smooth.

Oh men.it makes more sense if you go with replaceable battery if you concern about the longevity of the device.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,654 of 19,652
@T.R.A.N.C.E,

Can you please hold yourself from complaining until we have tried a real X5?

I look at spec sheet too, but I I do so only to avoid a bad product (once spec is audibly transparent, it is no longer relevant). You should make sure that spec's that you are complaining about are relevant and that you understand/interpret things correctly/accurately.

Re relevancy/accuracy #1, you complaint, twice in this thread, about scroll wheel "stick out hugely" from X5's computer rendering. Note computer rendering is not a real photo. Real photo of DX50 shows buttons sticking out too, but that does not prevent you from liking DX50?

#2, You mistakenly stated, at the other thread, that Fiio X3 has power supply of 5.5v. James Fiio kindly corrected you that it is 11v (+5.5v minus -5.5v equals 11v). Hopefully you have learned how to interpret spec's objectively/correctly.

#3, Re CPU speed. Sansa Clip+ has a CPU that is only about 50% as fast as that of Fiio X3, iPod Video has less than 25%, yet both perform very smoothly under Rockbox. So firmware implementation is just as important. I don't think DX50's firmware is as stable as X3's (yes, I have followed both threads to latest firmware). How do you know X3/X5's future firmware is not significantly more efficient than that of DX50?

Also remember DAPs do not need as much CPU as smartphones. Even in smartphones, CPUs are underclocked (e.g., iPhone 4S, 4 and 3GS). How do you know DX50's CPU is not underclocked?

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #1,655 of 19,652
@T.R.A.N.C.E,

Can you please hold yourself from complaining until we have tried a real X5?

I look at spec sheet too, but I I do so only to avoid a bad product (once spec is audibly transparent, it is no longer relevant). You should make sure that spec's that you are complaining about are relevant and that you understand/interpret things correctly/accurately.

Re relevancy/accuracy #1, you complaint, twice in this thread, about scroll wheel "stick out hugely" from X5's computer rendering. Note computer rendering is not a real photo. Real photo of DX50 shows buttons sticking out too, but that does not prevent you from liking DX50?

#2, You mistakenly stated, at the other thread, that Fiio X3 has power supply of 5.5v. James Fiio kindly corrected you that it is 11v (+5.5v minus -5.5v equals 11v). Hopefully you have learned how to interpret spec's objectively/correctly.

#3, Re CPU speed. Sansa Clip+ has a CPU that is only about 50% as fast as that of Fiio X3, iPod Video has less than 25%, yet both perform very smoothly under Rockbox. So firmware implementation is just as important. I don't think DX50's firmware is as stable as X3's (yes, I have followed both threads to latest firmware). How do you know X3/X5's future firmware is not significantly more efficient than that of DX50?

Also remember DAPs do not need as much CPU as smartphones. Even in smartphones, CPUs are underclocked (e.g., iPhone 4S, 4 and 3GS). How do you know DX50's CPU is not underclocked?

what are you on about?

#1 from the X5 pic it is quite apparent that the wheel sticks out and is not level with the surface, the DX50's buttons do not stick out and are level with the surface.

#2 so what if I made a simple mistake there?

#3 i'm not really bothered by the cpu in the X5, was just having a newer is better rant. and you cant really compare these Daps using generic Chinese SOC's to smart phones from apple, which use apples very own powerful cpus with specifically tailored firmware and are much faster and more efficient even at a lower speed.

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #1,656 of 19,652

what are you on about?

#1 from the X5 pic it is quite apparent that the wheel sticks out and is not level with the surface, the DX50's buttons do not stick out and are level with the surface.

#3 i'm not really bothered by the cpu in the X5, was just having a newer is better rant. and you cant really compare these Daps using generic Chinese SOC's to smart phones from apple, which use apples very own powerful cpus with specifically tailored firmware and are much faster and more efficient even at a lower speed.

Well, it's pretty obvious that the x5 is not in early stages of development, so everything is already decided, so your suggestions or wishes are pointless at this stage. As far as the x5's wheel, I honestly don't care if it sticks out or not - just like you don't like it or how the x5 looks there are other people who will tell you that the dx50 is very ugly and has issues or flaws. It's a matter of preference and no one is forcing anyone to buy the x5. So if you don't like it you don't have to complain about it - just stick to your dx50.

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #1,657 of 19,652
what are you on about?

#2 if you have a list of "complaints" and you list things that aren't true, it matters.

#3 the X3 isn't as fast as the iPods, but it certainly does it's job. I don't see any reason why the X5 wouldn't then.

I can understand it if you're disappointed with the specs, but i don't think you ranting will change Fiio's mind and won't get them back to the drawing board, trashing the whole X5 and starting again :wink:

-CH23

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #1,658 of 19,652

what are you on about?

^ This will be my last response to you, as you didn't seem to get my points.

#1, The X5 "pic" you saw is a computer rendering, not a real photo of a real product. How do you know the real X5 does not have a wheel that is leveled with surface. We have heard your rant about "sticking out" already, do you have to rant a second time based on an unreal photoshop rendering?

#2. It is kind of difficult for a sober person to make such a mistake, as it is as simple as +5 minus -5 equals 11. 

#3, As others have said, newer (or better spec) is not necessarily better. My point is that: 1) a CPU like that from X3 is good enough for a DAP, if firmware is well-done; 2) a simple DAP does not need much CPU. We are not talking about smartphone's requirements on CPU here. Even with smart phones, less CPU with a polished firmware can outperform more CPU with a poor firmware. Really pointless to rant about CPU as we have not tried a real X5 with a real firmware. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #1,659 of 19,652

^ This will be my last response to you, as you didn't seem to get my points.

#1, The X5 "pic" you saw is a computer rendering, not a real photo of a real product. How do you know the real X5 does not have a wheel that is leveled with surface. We have heard your rant about "sticking out" already, do you have to rant a second time based on an unreal photoshop rendering?

sorry to disapoint you, but the pic is a real photo of the X5, which has then been photoshopped. Thus the wheel will stick out on the production model.

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #1,660 of 19,652

sorry to disapoint you, but the pic is a real photo of the X5, which has then been photoshopped. Thus the wheel will stick out on the production model.

I still don't get what are you trying to do? You blame fiio for trying to cut corners, you complain about the looks, you complain about the hardware. And at the same time you're not disappointing anyone - you're the one disappointed with the x5 even before it's released. There's absolutely no need whatsoever to post anymore in this thread if you're just going to complain. Just stick to your dx50 or better yet you make a audiophile DAP without cutting corners with great hardware, software and design and sell it to us for 400 bucks. We'll buy it. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #1,661 of 19,652
I just caught up with this thread and saw the recent pic's.
I'm not trying to be contentious, or rain on anyone's parade, but I feel compelled to say "That thing looks HUGE".
( compared to what I was hoping for )

I wonder if the next model might be more compact?

I was hoping to replace my ageing D2 with something no more than twice it's size.

And although I reserve my final aesthetic judgement until we see proper product shots, I also find the outdated looks proper ugly.
Admittedly, that's what I thought about the DX50 until I saw decent shots too though, and I now like it a lot.

It's a shame for me as I really like the storage/price ratio planned for this product.

Still, this is Head-Fi, so I'm certain that there'll be many who aren't bothered by these things.

****shuffles off in a sulk*****

Nov 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #1,662 of 19,652
I just caught up with this thread and saw the recent pic's.
I'm not trying to be contentious, or rain on anyone's parade, but I feel compelled to say "That thing looks HUGE".
( compared to what I was hoping for )

I wonder if the next model might be more compact?

I was hoping to replace my ageing D2 with something no more than twice it's size.

And although I reserve my final aesthetic judgement until we see proper product shots, I also find the outdated looks proper ugly.
Admittedly, that's what I thought about the DX50 until I saw decent shots too though, and I now like it a lot.

It's a shame for me as I really like the storage/price ratio planned for this product.

Still, this is Head-Fi, so I'm certain that there'll be many who aren't bothered by these things.

****shuffles off in a sulk*****

Well, here's something to muddy the water for you, then!
tongue_smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687944/999-calyx-m-with-dxd-dsd-64gb-192gb-internal-external-storage

Nov 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #1,664 of 19,652

I still don't get what are you trying to do? You blame fiio for trying to cut corners, you complain about the looks, you complain about the hardware. And at the same time you're not disappointing anyone - you're the one disappointed with the x5 even before it's released. There's absolutely no need whatsoever to post anymore in this thread if you're just going to complain. Just stick to your dx50 or better yet you make a audiophile DAP without cutting corners with great hardware, software and design and sell it to us for 400 bucks. We'll buy it. 

sorry to disapoint you, but I will be getting the X5 because I know it will sound good. Aside from that, complaining is what I do, in fact I was complaining about the DX50 before I got it too, the world wouldn't go round without us complainers 
cool.gif

Well, here's something to muddy the water for you, then! 
tongue_smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687944/999-calyx-m-with-dxd-dsd-64gb-192gb-internal-external-storage

Dang that looks sweet, hope the hardware matches its looks, another dap I need to watch out for :/

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #1,665 of 19,652

sorry to disapoint you, but I will be getting the X5 because I know it will sound good. Aside from that, complaining is what I do, in fact I was complaining about the DX50 before I got it too, the world wouldn't go round without us complainers 
cool.gif

Sorry to disappoint YOU, but the world would do just fine. The world need revolutionaries, people who complain and do something about it, not plain complainers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back