The Fiio X5 Thread
Oct 30, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #1,501 of 19,652
Not problem!

James you are building a great winner aren't you
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #1,502 of 19,652
  not balanced DAP from FiiO cause there are very few balanced headphones/IEMs. about new amp, E12 still is the best partner for X5 and we will design a special  kits so people can use it bundle both together.

Any more details on the special kit? What is it?

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #1,506 of 19,652
  not balanced DAP from FiiO cause there are very few balanced headphones/IEMs. about new amp, E12 still is the best partner for X5 and we will design a special  kits so people can use it bundle both together.

I thought the point of the X5 is so that you have a complete package (source with good dac and amp) so that you won't need to bring additional devices out with you. Won't it be moot if you need the E12? Of course, if the X5 is going to sound drastically different from the E12 (which I know next to nothing of except that it's FiiO's flagship portable amp), then that makes abit of sense to me though a user might just stick to his current source+E12 instead of getting the X5+E12.

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,508 of 19,652
James was responding to a question specifically about an amp. The X5 won't need an amp unless you choose to add one or you have some esoteric (by my standards) headphones.

Not too esoteric IMO. E12 has quite a lot more power.

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #1,510 of 19,652
  Yeah. I realise my standards are quite low, but I was hoping that those who might be affected would know that they might be affected (like yourself)

Yep. I listen to Orthos all the time, at work and on the plane. The X3 did rather well (better than my old Colorfly C4 did) driving them but after all the comments here I decided to try them with the E12 - big step up, so worth the hassle of a stack. The X5 is supposed to have less power than the X3.
I am looking forward to seeing the X5/E12 stack hardware Fiio is working on.

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #1,511 of 19,652
Yep. I listen to Orthos all the time, at work and on the plane. The X3 did rather well (better than my old Colorfly C4 did) driving them but after all the comments here I decided to try them with the E12 - big step up, so worth the hassle of a stack. The X5 is supposed to have less power than the X3.
I am looking forward to seeing the X5/E12 stack hardware Fiio is working on.

Yep! Those x5 +E12 is so gonna sing xD

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #1,512 of 19,652
Are we all sure about the fact that X5 will have less power than X3? I think they were supposed to have the same power. Maybe @James can give some official statement here about the power levels?

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #1,514 of 19,652
Are we all sure about the fact that X5 will have less power than X3? I think they were supposed to have the same power. Maybe @James can give some official statement here about the power levels?

It MAY BE less powerful than X3 since FiiO X5 are meant portable use with reference sound. Majority of us uses IEM for portable use and IEM does not need high amount of power to drive loud... XD

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #1,515 of 19,652
It MAY BE less powerful than X3 since FiiO X5 are meant portable use with reference sound. Majority of us uses IEM for portable use and IEM does not need high amount of power to drive loud... XD

I'd pay good money for electrostatic IEMs ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back